[ADRP]: What do you think is wrong with Alliance RP?

Eyup. I went from this character to my Night Elf, then gave up and went Horde Side. Sad, but it happens.
Maybe someday Alliance RP (the majority, not the gems in the rough) will sort itself out. Maybe.

2 Likes

Never ending cynicism, negativity and the ever present “I am better than u lol” attitude of some.

Some more positivity does not hurt.

edit and the abundance of people with “approachable” in their tags, but don’t actually want to engage in RP.

3 Likes

honestly as dumb and ridiculous as that sounds it also sounds like they had a fun time

3 Likes

Polishing it is all well and good.
But when the majority looks, sounds and act like excrement? There’s only so many things yiu can call it >_>

1 Like

It’s that kinda mentality that’s wrong with Alliance RP tbh (I know you’re not serious, but it’s a good example). People trying to find IC excuses to crap on RP they don’t approve of.
I’ve seen some gleefully plan how to get someone’s character into a situation they could only god-emote themselves out of if they want to avoid consequences they expressively don’t want. Imagine planning your roleplay around someone you dislike, with roleplay they dislike. What kind of hobby is that?

(That exact mentality exists plentiful on Horde though so maybe it’s not the answer after all.)

4 Likes

This is exactly what I mean.

1 Like

That’s, like, word for word a post of my own. We should hang out.

I’m in no mood to rant today so my answer to what plagues Alliance RP is one word; ego. Just the same as it is with the Horde.

1 Like

Copy right goes to you, naturally. Friend.

I dont participate in RP i dont enjoy either.

Why should I? I’m paying for my sub so I can enjoy the game, not put up with rlly low tier RP content that isn’t entertaining for me.

2 Likes

Pfft.

We’re perfect in every way.

:sun_with_face:Everyone :sun_with_face: pays their own subscription they have to right to roleplay whatever they want. If they don’t bother others we should not criticise them for having fun with friends. Maybe it’s just their perception of lore.:heart::heart::heart:

If it’s not roleplay that’s to your liking you can always just leave.:triumph:

Live and let live :blush:

Lots of love :hugs:

6 Likes

Sorry, are you trying to say that stuff like warlock/portal licences, gunshot and GoT House guilds outright ignoring game canon is somehow good?

I don’t mind what people do with their time, but when they make their RP very loud, very public and very objectively counter-canon? Thats not snobbery, tbh.

4 Likes

No.

But that is far from the only cynicism that we got on this realm. Perfectly normal and good RP gets shot down by the usual legion of grumps, too.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree :slight_smile:

Alliance still has plenty of good RPers and Guilds around. I just find it sad how some of our key hubs are overcrowded with the stuff I mentioned above (nevermind the GS Containment Zone… :frowning: )

1 Like

I am the PROUD general of the legion of grumps. So you better watch out

I’ve roleplayed for a considerable time on both Alliance and Horde, and I gotta say I prefer Horde RP simply because a lot of Alliance guilds tend to bubble RP, while most Horde RPers are open to casual RP.

3 Likes

I figured this would be the standard reply, but nah, it’s might just be a convenient reply.

But I liked Aeilmar’s reply. I think it conveys the problem and takes into account that the problem you see on Alliance exist on the Horde aswell, (it is just that the latter has less numbers and things will develop differently because of it)

As others have said, guilds often have major issues cooperating on Alliance, which is only ever compounded by the need for war councils, leadership elections, and more. I’m reminded of DOW:1’s Darnassus council that lasted hours and ultimately went nowhere, and ended up being forgotten about in the space of a day or two. Cooperation on Alliance isn’t really the only issue, as there’s a huge problem of guilds wanting to win in any given event against the Horde, and not playing in a way to facilitate RP, but to succeed OOC. It’s not strictly an issue on Alliance, but it’s certainly noticable.

It also often feels like people want to RP everything except the Alliance & Warcraft at times. The Game of Thrones comment is made often enough, but people copypasting things from other fantasies like Warhammer, Lord of the Rings, and so on, and very little is done by a lot of guilds to actually enforce quality control and make sure people are cooperating.

because kump’s overall positive nature has marginally influenced me, i’ll say here hand of cenarius are some good bois

8 Likes

Three words.

Lightbound Allied Race.

1 Like

Lightbound are villains though. Are Alliance the bad guys? :thinking: