[ADRP]: What do you think is wrong with Alliance RP?

People don’t think it be like it is, but it do.

11 Likes

Obligatory not enough Gnomes.

Ok Brigante, I’ll bite, what are you talking about now?

Are you just sat monitoring forum threads for any mention, or even just allusions, to your ERP guild?

12 Likes

No, I just love to sit and read Brigante’s posts.

5 Likes

Extremely relatable tbh

4 Likes

Deciphering hieroglyphics is indeed an interesting hobby.

6 Likes

HERE WE GO.

DERAILING INCOMING.

Let me make it easier:

THE HOUSE GUILD THAT OVER TOOK GILNEAS BUT NEVER RP’ED THERE BUT HOW DARE U GO THERE IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

COME AT ME.

Was around 2 years ago or so, I think.

Latest word on Void elves is that the population of Stormwind hates them to the point of equating them with the Twilight’s Hammer, leading to them being shunned and sticking to the shadows.

Hating void elves because of what they are as an anti-thesis to everything they believe in is a very valid thing to do. On the contrary the uber loving them care bear attitude is not a reflection of the current state of them in the lore.

8 Likes

Might also stating a source for that or?

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/21/18188397/wow-world-of-warcraft-allied-races-story-nightborne-void-elves-steve-danuser-interview

5 Likes

yes, that is a spicy source, what do you call it?

edit:
thank you.

Meh.

He also states that “and not everyone’s going to feel comfortable with that”.

So there are people that do. Thus my point is still standing. You can choose not to, but you can also choose to be wary and still tolerate / help them. Depends entirely on what your characters opinion on the matter is.

Also there is no word of the entire population thinking that neither them being shunned.

Alliance RP has a lot of conflicting personalities I think that makes organising anything a …difficult endeavour. Due to a higher pool of roleplayers I also think the quality of RP is lower than Horde, not tarnishing everyone with the same brush here but just in general.

I am not sure why but I for one have fallen out of love with Alliance RP and can’t see myself returning anytime soon… just feels very samey. Horde might bring me back, before I roleplayed I was Horde at heart but yeah Alliance RP does not excite me anymore.

Too many nobles.

I’m fairly certain I could walk through the middle of the city, approach one random person and they’d be lady [insert name here] of [insert name here].

3 Likes

Can you tell me how nobles work in WoW?

Nah, never dedicated enough time into researching how they work because I don’t RP one.

It was more meant to be an opinionated response rather than actual fact. Perhaps I should add “IMO” first.

w/e

They feel as much as an oxymoron as the countless homeless house guilds if you ask me.

The easiest way to deal with this (imo) is to bear in mind that the RPed player characters only represent a tiny fraction of the wider population of Azeroth. For every human aristocrat you pass in the Cathedral Square, there’s fifty NPC peasants going about their day-to-day business.

It’s a compromise, given that this NPC population isn’t really represented in game, but it’s always worked for me.

4 Likes

They are rich landholders who act as advisors to the king, who can just ignore them whenever he wants to. They can have mansions, they definitely have enough money to hire people as guards of their mansions if needed be (or for other reasons), but they don´t own villages and don´t call peasants to arms to fight for them.

1 Like