[ADRP]: What do you think is wrong with Alliance RP?

Thank you for the perspective, much obliged.

With the strange political structure of the humans of stormwind there should then be only a few nobles.

iirc a VElf NPC even comments that they’ve been “cautiously welcomed” so the hourly assaults on VElves got irritating fast.

A lot of people were letting their OOC hatred of the race bleed IC. A lot. I frankly dislike void elves but Dari certainly wasn’t among those trying to lynch new members of the Alliance just because a priest NPC was slightly uncomfortable.

6 Likes

I think hating those who hate the velves is a sign of corruption

9 Likes

People who watched too much Game of Thrones and think that human RP is supposed to consist of edgy war crimes, swearing, and a lot of racism and sexism.

8 Likes

Similarly, a lot of people were just acting like their character would. My human had been a devout worshipper of the Light for quite a few years, and to be told he has to like the velves now? No way.

1 Like

When I was there, I noticed two phases of that RP.

Angry grumbling, yelling, and people throwing a fuss. This wasn’t that bad, and was actually fun to play around with.

I remember a group of six peasant roleplayers, each with farm tools, miss-matched clothes, and a different hat each. They were hilarious and fun to roleplay with.

Things soured for me and my velf guild at the time, when the roleplay became a cesspool of /pol/ memes and trump quotes.

I felt kinda bad for the people who just wanted to roleplay grumpy peasants, because they received a lot of backlash for the work of a few trolls.

1 Like

Delete humans from the game and Alliance rp quality rises by 500%

1 Like

Tbf, problem isn’t with humans, Its human-only RP. Mixed Alliance RP is great fun.

3 Likes

Alliance RP quantity also lowers by 500%, considering how most of the Alliance appears to be just humans.

Where have all the good draenei gone, and where are all the gnomes? Where’s the streetwise Tyrande to fight the rising odds?

3 Likes

The best quality of role play over on your side is absolutely held by human-only role playing guilds sorry to break it to you :smile:

3 Likes

Thankfully, the “Garithos was racist, so therefore -all- humans -must- be racist otherwise its not goodrp” trope is starting to die out.

1 Like

Make all the humans forsaken.

3 Likes

If someone told me that “You don’t RP your human correctly since all humans are racist” I would just end it all tbh.

1 Like

Its actually still there. A lot of it. Its just not in stormwind. Alliance has a lot of really good racial guilds, they just sort of stick to themselves.

They’re also often not into RP-PVP so they arent that visible at server campaigns. But if you know where to look, you can find Lots of quality dwarf/Draenei/Gnome RP

There is Alliance RP that easily matches the best the horde has. Its usually just not advertised on the forums, and away from stormwind. So I don’t blame people for not finding it.

1 Like

Dislike or distrust? Okay. Not saying you have to hold hands with them. I know Dari sure doesn’t, he has issues with void stuff too.

The problem is people were assaulting VElves hourly, as well as an attempt on trying to lynch one on at least two occasions by angry mobs, and one group even tried to RP burning down the damn embassy over it. One of my friends got exhausted constantly having to intervene to stop someone outright murdering a VElf in the street in broad daylight. It got absurd.

There’s dislike and then there’s blind, murderous rage that would get you arrested or worse IC, but of course that never happened/happens because “The NPC guards aren’t really there” or some crap. I’m pretty sure assaulting a fellow member of the Alliance would get the book thrown at you, or a sword.

It seems to have quietened down anyway but it highlights the issue that a LOT of people in Stormwind both don’t want tof ace IC consequence and really blatantly want to re-enact certain OOC… opinions.

I remember similar stuff happened with people being openly and violently hostile to dwarves/gnomes/NElves in vanilla, then it was draenei, then it was worgen, then it was pandaren, now it’s void elves. What’s extra alarming is many of these same people also try to bring skin colour on humans into the equation if they have no immediate targets. And this stuff is just allowed to happen.

5 Likes

I feel like this was a needed change during the surge of “If thou arent human, tho are worse than the horde.” rpers that -flooded- Stormwind around the void elf released, targetting gnomes and dwarves too funnily enough. All while patting eachothers back how great rpers they were.

It also had a bit of a surge again during the Teldrassil pre-patch with “REEE immigrants” rp.

wowwee its almost like stormwind has always been a lawless wasteland of low standards!!! :o

ahh oof the ol’ coalskin meme

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t want to say that a certain crowd quickly jumped on it as an excuse to enact out certain “fantasies” but… a certain crowd quickly jumped on it as an excuse to enact out certain “fantasies”.

And yes, it had a surge in activity when the immigrants thing happened. I saw that coming a mile away and was not surprised at all.

Whatever happened to the ‘diplomacy’ racial humans have?

“Bah, knife ears”

Every single race besides humans, dwarves and gnomes: “u wot m8?”

5 Likes