[ADRP] What do you think is wrong with Horde RP?

Who remembers scorchbraid shouting in Chillzone voice over roleplay he wasn’t even involved in?

The rage of the man, I’m surprised he didn’t burst a blood vessel that night.

Funnily enough the rp went well.

Screaming “HOW DARE THEY.” Over and over again.

7 Likes

Highmountain wasn’t it?

Except I never did that.

You weren’t even in the voice at the time.

I was. With ten characters.

1 Like

The silence of the lambs…

1 Like

And led to the spawning of this thread, granted: The weekly "Power in RP and how to get other people's consent for it thread"

• It didn’t happen

• You weren’t in voice chat when it happened

Okay you really need to pick just ONE of these, not both.

10 Likes

I was in voice chat when the Highmountain kerfuffle happened. I was talking with people. Not screaming.

I distinctly rememebr just chatting, when someone brought up something was going down.

Well I’m glad everyone recalls what event I’m talking about. Only Scorchbraid denies losing it completely that night.

I for one enjoyed the roleplay, that page has been turned anyways.

2 Likes

I think he just meant it went smoothly. No sudden voiding or hearthing. Non of that. Or otherwise.

Duraiel mentioned Highmountain, that’s when it clicked.

There was some of that (hearthing, not voiding), because some of the players involved said they got anxious and weren’t really interested in the encounter.

Which is also fine.

You seem to have the “Everyone is wrong but me… Nyaghhhhhhh!” mentality.

5 Likes

And then it went down. The reception in that VC was far from pleasant.

2 Likes

It’s not a matter of what seems to be, he actually does.

I think this is a very pertinent and honest point.

I had this conversation a fair while ago with my good friend and buddy and pal Loras. Roleplayers are genuinely some of the trashiest people (this isn’t unique to WoW), they are very willing to label a group or person as a target for doing some misdeed and then go on to talk about them, rumour-monger and generally foster an air of ostracism around them. They’ll keep screenshots and chat-logs for years, just in-case they ever double-cross them again. And the worst part is some of the people who are so vehemently against the PCU do this despite their claim for a moral highground or being a victim. There are a lot of stones thrown in glass houses. Hell, rumours don’t even have to be true but they wont care to validate them. Or they’ll just ignore evidence on the contrary. Like that time I got labelled a troll and lambasted for something someone else did at an event I was attending myself.

The ‘community’ is very much laced with double-standards, like I said in the Alliance thread. There’s no wrong methods, just wrong targets. People really need to stop living too vicariously through their roleplay.

11 Likes

Yeah, But there wasn’t any angry screaming. Just grumbling.

Screeches in the background

3 Likes

I suddenly sense afew voices cry out before being suddenly silenced by Blizzard KGB.

What on.

1 Like

What you percieve as “grumbling” is far off from the reality of what happened.

4 Likes

now it’s just “grumbling”

keep it up for another ten minutes and it might be “ok well i screamed but only for like a second”

5 Likes