[ADRP] What do you think is wrong with Horde RP?

I’m going to introduce a wild concept here. Forum mains might not reflect your roleplaying preferences.

10 Likes

It’s only fair to make a stand though if you’re – once again – insulted like this, isn’t it ? I think the moment Scorchbraid/Mayto stops lying loads, it all will instantly cease

8 Likes

I mean, it’s perfectly relevant, if you actually paid attention.

Gnome says PCU is the problem with Horde RP, does some vagueposting

PCU replies

That’s the timeline so far. So yeah, still 100% on-topic, friendopalbuddychumchampmatefriendbro

4 Likes

Oh. Yesh, that’s fair then - I stand corrected. Simply was worried about it being derailed - the post. The Horde might have problems but one of the larger groups of it isn’t one - in my opinion, as time has proven it over and over. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You know how those work right?

Scorchbraid has thankfully been kicked from a couple of discords for this exact behaviour.

I don’t really get why a guy who claims to be against bullying (which is obviously not the case) goes around saying we or other guild communities deserved to be harassed and bullied under the tag “they deserve it.”

21 Likes

As far as I remember, We also learned pretty early on in MoP that the Warchief; Garrosh Hellscream would be the end boss.

Another drive for people to jump the gun early, as dull as it may seem.

I much prefer how people “Rebel” against Sylvanas, Even from the very beginning, as reckless as it may be, its ideal we stick to our characters and their ideals, despite the uncertainty on wether Sylvanas will be end boss or not.

4 Likes

You’re correct, I’m pretty sure it was in the announcement lore panels for MoP.

3 Likes

Correct, it was.

Now I wish I was RPing on retail during MoP. There is a ton of stuff I have missed about the Horde community or the RP community due to RPing on the PTR when I started.

With all the supposed problems, what would you guys suggest the solutions to be? As they could help.

1 Like

Was pretty cool stuff going on during MoP, especially on Horde side.

Kor’kron stationed in Valley of Spirits and basically rest of Orgrimmar.
It was great, the world felt alive because of it, especially when you fought against the Kor’kron in the Northern Barrens (they are still there, but it’s not the same).

The RP scene itself was amazing, from what I remember seeing (and reading on the forums).

3 Likes

Haven’t personally been around Orgrimmar myself for about half a year now, aside from walking around a bit on a character or two once every two months. As far as what i’ve heard they increased military presence does make sense due to the current themes of BfA, even if some races have more reason to contribute than others.

I think the major problems that have been already mentioned are RP bubbling up or having a hard time getting anykind of random RP going on due to everyone being in Guilds, but that’s just how the Horde RP scene is in comparison to the Alliance one. You have a good amount of dedicated Guilds with their bubbled events and storylines and it’s not for everyone. When it comes to the OOC bleeding into the IC and vice versa it’s like it’s always been. Meanie #1 says something to Good Guy #1, but then it turns out that someone else sees Good Guy #1 as Meanie #2 and the cycle continues. I mostly prefer to stay out of these hurricanes and hardly ever even scroll through the Forums unless prompted by others.

In my opinion you’ll have a good time in Horde RP as long as you don’t delve too deep or focus too much on all the OOC drama happening with a handful of people, but of course no one is forcing you to RP with people you don’t like either. This is RP, not a job. It’s a doll house and you choose who gets to have a tea party with you at your fancy house.

2 Likes

I sense 30 minute typing spree… What on everloving **** is this.

Loads Flamethrower

1 Like

a large problem is ooc influences heavily influencing ic opinions

ive tried to join in on innocent conversations and been quite viciously shunned despite having never met people, purely because of my guild name and their ooc opinions

8 Likes

When were you ever even under the impression that I don’t play Horde ??

Aye aye! It is when I joined WoW. Dinged 2 weeks before 5.4 on my undead DK. Sadly wasn’t on a RP server back then.

1 Like

Eh. I do not like some people OOC myself either, but it’s never stopped me from RPing with them and talking IC if such a opportunity has come knocking to the door. If someone acts like that towards you IC due to OOC I think it’s best to not even associate yourself with people like that. It’s unfortunate, but it will never stop happening due to stigma or even old hatreds against someone in a Guild, etc.

1 Like

Local bully still fails to provide evidence for the claims of being bullied by (((the usual suspects))).

12 Likes

People have told him… The usual mysterious people

5 Likes

Tbh the problem with both Horde and Alliance RP is pretty simple. Too many cliques, too much inclusion, never any willingness to just give someone a chance and let them integrate/etc. It’s a heavy amount of effort getting into a proper ‘group’ as opposed to how it used to be.

9 Likes