[ADRP] What do you think is wrong with Horde RP?

It’s not a matter of what seems to be, he actually does.

I think this is a very pertinent and honest point.

I had this conversation a fair while ago with my good friend and buddy and pal Loras. Roleplayers are genuinely some of the trashiest people (this isn’t unique to WoW), they are very willing to label a group or person as a target for doing some misdeed and then go on to talk about them, rumour-monger and generally foster an air of ostracism around them. They’ll keep screenshots and chat-logs for years, just in-case they ever double-cross them again. And the worst part is some of the people who are so vehemently against the PCU do this despite their claim for a moral highground or being a victim. There are a lot of stones thrown in glass houses. Hell, rumours don’t even have to be true but they wont care to validate them. Or they’ll just ignore evidence on the contrary. Like that time I got labelled a troll and lambasted for something someone else did at an event I was attending myself.

The ‘community’ is very much laced with double-standards, like I said in the Alliance thread. There’s no wrong methods, just wrong targets. People really need to stop living too vicariously through their roleplay.

11 Likes

Yeah, But there wasn’t any angry screaming. Just grumbling.

Screeches in the background

3 Likes

I suddenly sense afew voices cry out before being suddenly silenced by Blizzard KGB.

What on.

1 Like

What you percieve as “grumbling” is far off from the reality of what happened.

4 Likes

now it’s just “grumbling”

keep it up for another ten minutes and it might be “ok well i screamed but only for like a second”

5 Likes

Me PM’ing you asking you why you’re spreading weird gossip about us, then asking you to ignore us when you repeatedly say “I don’t care” in one way or another isn’t bullying; its confrontation. The only thing you were upset about was being caught, to which you immediately went to shout at the guy who showed us you were saying rude things.

This isn’t true. However, what is true is the amount of public trash talk directed at us when we weren’t in that chat. Something that wasn’t really moderated, and passively encouraged as a result.

You were also in For the Horde for less than a few days, I’m not sure how you’re measuring the decline since your removal for bad behaviour considering the discord channel was created by a Rotgarde member (among others) from the very beginning.

8 Likes

I never did, and I Will never say I did, because I didn’t scream.

This is going into the book of grudges… By Valaya may it be so… the longbeards are grumbling

1 Like

can u make a response that isnt suspiciously short please

But not 30 minutes between each please.

Sure. When I’m not in public transportation.

1 Like

And another one bites the dust.

Clap

My god what’s with the account flagging.

4 Likes

I think people know very well you did scream, as do you. Unless you have your input settings set to maximum and your tone is always so agressive.

I recall having to lower your volume for the sake of my ears, I was indeed present.

7 Likes

All of this.
It is so easy to inspire a dog-pile now with just a few rumours, and enough people who will readily believe anything or everything because they are consumed by desire for a drama to be involved in, and a fight to be righteous about.
Then even best is when you get people who seem to always, by pure coincidence and bad luck, seem to constantly be having problems with different people, and different groups! How awful for them, that all these distinctly different types of RPers, have all decided to band together to bully.
But you know that old adage of; “you meet one prick, it’s a prick; if everyone you meet is a prick, it’s you.”
It’s especially hilarious considering we’re all engaging in a hobby that rightfully would have us shoved into lockers and fed to toilet bowls.

7 Likes

This. It’s not a problem with the Horde alone though, but most of the RP community.
If people were less toxic and more open-minded, or just prone to forgive instead of being moralistic on petty things, the atmosphere would feel much better.

5 Likes

To be honest, there’s also the problem that there are some things that do make for a problem at large that I feel happens both on the Alliance and Horde side that I’ve observed on the forums over the past few months since I joined them - their preference for having to “choose a side”.

Because of this, I mainly see people having to “choose” to be against the PCU or with the PCU; which makes it incredibly annoying because some people just want to roleplay. Imagine if a new roleplayer came in trying to RP for the first time and you see these guys that are like (idk the numbers, so bear with my inconsistency) what, 30 people RPing together regarding Sylvanas loyalism. Suddenly someone notices their “New to RP” in their TRP and begin whispering them about how this new roleplayer shouldn’t RP with that Sylvanas loyalist group because they’ve done “X or Y and are bad people”. I find that to be incredibly bothersome and creating a fissure in the community overall.

Same goes for the opposite direction or any at all, that was just an example. There’s an absurd amount of stigma around any given player or group of players despite not noticing that a bad apple doesn’t don all other apples as rotten. It just makes things incredibly rigid and annoying and part of the reason why I cannot reliably roleplay on Alliance or Horde without encountering some OOC buzz about group X or Y.

In my opinion, if there’s a disagreement of a plural amount of groups people should just leave one another be and not poke any bee’s nest. If someone likes the concept of a community, they should instead try it out. And if it isn’t what they expected, okay, that’s fine. They can try something else.

For instance I’m a student that has classes from 8 in the morning to 6 in the afternoon, then homework and after that barely having time for RP. I do want to come home and relax roleplaying with some people, friends, or anything at all just to have fun - as does everyone roleplaying ( I hope, as it’s a mutual hobby ).

I don’t think I’d want to come home and then while attempting to RP with some people get told OOC. “Hurr durr they’re bad people stay away from them!” despite me enjoying IC interactions with the people. That’s what I feel is a big problem of the community at large that doesn’t help the community at large.

TL;DR since I kind of copied Brigante for a moment here - Please make your own opinions about people and don’t enforce them on others if you have any opinion, negative or positive about anyone. If you’re asked that opinion, sure. If your group doesn’t want to deal with another, that’s also fine. But at the end of the day we’re here to have fun.

17 Likes

[Rises from the grave to show you a picture]

^https://gyazo.com/9d3c4838ea6d40fcf34e5eecc1bd6936

[Goes back to the grave]

3 Likes

I should talk to Hungaro about that undead RP he’s been prodding me about to join for a while…

10 Likes