[ADRP] What do you think is wrong with Horde RP?

Yes, in Orgrimmar during the ‘‘Battle for Undercity’’ quest during Wrath.

1 Like

Depends on the view. While she definitely gets some of the work done, her methods and tactics are extremely controversial, or at least should be so, for many of her allies, and is pushing one mentality which, ironically, is killing the diversity that the Horde has.

Maybe I am biased, but I believe that a warchief should be an orc. Not undead. Not elf. Not anyone else.

I thought Jaina just spoke to Varian and Thrall and then peaced out.

Sylvanas simply has more determination, I admire that much more.

A gripe I have is the blatant sexism present with her , people will call her filthy names like she works the streets. Even Garrosh did, perhaps it’s just a trope to insult women that way :))

If we go by Saurfang’s meaning of honor, its the old days of slicing up draenei children and serving the Burning Legion.

5 Likes

Sylvanas was in the room too and cofirmed to Jaina.

As for the ‘rebellion’, I’d say that sure a bunch of people could have gone off and started fighting the Alliance on their own terms as early as 8.0, but the thing is it should have been as thin as that, not what we have now where it all started with secret clubs who actively spoke against the Warchief and caught the ire of their loyalists before they even set off. If the current incarnation of rebel RPers were completely dedicated to actually being honourable and not just protecting people who’d killed Horde soldiers/prison guards etc. under the idea of them being ‘very sorry for what they’ve done’, rebels vs loyalists probably wouldn’t have escalated so quickly to the point where people like Kotur are being affected.

1 Like

It has no coherent definition as far as I can tell, it’s the setting’s shorthand for “morally righteous and/or justifiable”. As such, characters and races go about defining it in different ways, and the definitions seem to change as characters age and experience different things.

“There is no honour in this” is a slightly more poetic way to say “this feels wrong”.

4 Likes

A shame he lost his way :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

More like the Current Honor, which is by not doing what he did during the Hordes dark times, which disturbs him so greatly he cant eat pork anymore (which is the favorite meat for orcs).

1 Like

So… Not winning a war?

Orcs are just as capable of terrible war crimes, they’ve done the same in the past.

Be it Ogrim’s Horde that Saurfang was second in command for or Garrosh’s horde.

If it makes them into murderous monsters, who kills innocents and their own troops? yes.

1 Like

Bludgeoning forsaken soldiers and killing dark rangers to save an enemy of the state - honourable.

Killing Sunreavers alongside the individual that mass executed them few years prior - honourable.

Finding ways to end this war quickly with little cost to the horde - dishonourable and should be sabotaged at all cost

8 Likes

Saurfang is the Orc Vegan…

Purge it like the rest.

1 Like

He eats meat, just not pork.

Then I’d personally like Thrall to come back as a warchief. WC3 Thrall. A warchief that is willing to seek peace and is diplomatic, but also does what needs to be done in order to protect the Horde, and doesn’t let anyone walk over them. It would also be a good way to make the Alliance be the aggressor for once.

8 Likes

I mean little jokes aside I get that.

But at the same time, he also reminicises of the old times with the Horde, and the old times with the horde was those dark times. The relativly peaceful times under Thrall were quite short so it seems weird for him to reflect on it like it was such a big part of their life and more about him wishing back to days of Draenor.

Which should then be the old honor/time of the clans, not the horde.

This is what I meant in another thread that the Horde’s history is litterally built on being demonic slaves that killed anything. And it becomes weird old characters wish for the “old days of the horde.”

I’m sure we’ll get thrall back, he’s good for the horde and marketing

1 Like

Shhhhhh.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh…

Honour.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/adrp-honour-what-is-it-good-for/51040?u=duraiel-argent-dawn