Adventure / Archaeology RP?

Any mention of an Adventure / Archaeology guild or group around?

Mercenary / House / Trade Rp isn’t my thing.

8 Likes

Hello friend!

I run an adventure guild horde side (the Dust Devils!) - but there’s also plenty of others; the Red Venturers for one, and I think the Blood Howl also? :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey, Merrin!

Right now I am not aware of any adventuring/archaeological guilds on the Alliance, at the top of my head. I will be honest, it would have been cool to see a proper guild themed around adventure, archaeology and learning. Like something based on the Explorer’s League!

As for the Horde side, I was formerly a member of the Dust Devils, and I can genuinely recommend them to you if you want an adventure based guild, rooted in lighthearted RP and fact paced events! You do not even need to be a member of the guild to get to experience the DMing before you make a decision, that is how hospitable Kait is!

I am not aware of any archaeological guilds and cannot speak for any of the other adventure guilds on Horde side. I have roleplayed with members of both Red Venturers and Blood Howl in the past and they seem like nice people.

Good luck finding a guild and community that suits your style!

5 Likes

I find it a little odd there isn’t an explorer league guild on Alliance, seems like a perfect guild theme :frowning: I’m just throwing guilds out here I’ve seen on the forum

I don’t know anything about them but to me it seems they do some archeology rp :woman_shrugging:t2:

and I think on Alliance the closest thing would be this Dwarf guild that seems to be focused on adventure :slight_smile:

or maybe this, though the thread is locked, but they have recent activity so guess they’re still active?

I also think these can be a fit if you want some magic focused research /exploring

I might add I’m looking for something similar myself that’s why I’ve payed attention to similar guilds here :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I believe there is also Delve Institute that offers archaeology/exploration stuff. Outside of that, there used to be some guilds that neatly fitted this concept area but they disbanded over time; Silver Archaeology for example, Brass, and a few others.

1 Like

Thanks all for the information. I’m seeking said Rp on this character thus the Alliance side :slight_smile: It does sound appealing to dabble on Horde at times if there are groups partaking in such adventures. Although, Merrin is the main character of mine who I have been developing for a good few years now.

2 Likes

I’m not opposed to trying to start up a little group, I just don’t want to have sole… err… responsibility and ‘carry’ other Rpers. That can burn anyone out and fast.

2 Likes

Ahh… good times!

There is the wayfarers association. You could give them a try!

Heyo! Oh me and my fellowship are out and about! Telling tales and making them aplenty! Hah!

Right now we are having a stay in Stormheim for a “hunting errand” :beers::mountain_snow:
With possible secrets hiding beneath the very request itself …

But in regards to the search for adventure / archeology I know a few guilds of that nature that hang around stormwind from time to time. So never a bad idea to have a walk through the city to see what people offer! Or check the hub discord’s for that info :grin::+1:

Sadly I find it hard with guilds as I do not want to assume their intent by recommending a lot by name :sweat_smile:

Although we in the Morodnir, are ever so happy to share a pint or two :beers:

Keep your feet in the ground and see you around!

I kinda loathe being stuck in Stormwind… :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Regardless of joining a guild if your character is of the exploration mindset, no reason to stay stuck in stormwind. Take to the road and explore the other hubs and travel rp.

2 Likes

For socially awkward folks like myself who are in their 30’s, I feel this is easier said than done. Especially if you’ve been MIA for a while. Anyway. Sure.

1 Like

I’ll look into it, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.