AH add-ons that are ruining Classic

So it has began. People started to spam auction house with thousands of single stack auctions.

Look at Linen Cloth as example, there are hundreds of single stack pages, all at low enough bid (but still higher than per cloth auction price of stack), but high buyout so default UI shows them first.

In vanilla this was not a problem. Add-ons for auction house could not do what modern add-ons do. But in retail it was a massive issue for years, only recently Blizzard tried to combat it by increasing deposit for single stack auctions for items like flowers, ore and cloth.

Add-ons are doing far more than original add-ons could do and they are already used by enough players to cause problems. Single stack spamming, bot-like automated reselling - none of that existed in vanilla, but it exists today because of how powerful modern auction house add-ons are.

Dear Blizzard, please break auction house add-ons.

85 Likes

I agreeā€¦I was browsing AH to get some of my profs done but all i saw was singles.
I just ignored all of them and went for the stacks.

17 Likes

Theyā€™ve been ruining wow all together for a longest time.

28 Likes

They are game impacting, thats the difference.
Same as LFG, it should be banned.

20 Likes

Difference with what? I was agreeing here lol.

2 Likes

I know, was speaking about the addons in general.
But many affect the gameplay for the rest of the people which shouldnt exist in Classic.

3 Likes

Itā€™s so annoying for the buyer as well.

So you need 9 wool for a bag?

Here is 9 E-Mails for you.

I pay a little premium for convenience every time, but i suppose single listings might be useful for someone that wants to make a few bandages and doesnt want or has the money to buy 9 for example.

Dependa on the context i guess

4 Likes

True, i just think this shouldnā€™t exist in any iteration of wow.
Just horrible to surf pages upon pages with 1x item stacks.

12 Likes

It is a nightmare.

It just discouraged me to use the Auction House in general and went to farm the things on my own. I guess they dont want my money :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

most of the AH addons currently for classic are pretty buggy, however you could probably get an addon of your own to counter and filter the way that these are posted. So that it shows best value for buyouts on posts first before anynthing else for example.
Therefore whichever is the best technical deal would be shown first.
I think thatā€™s probably an option, if it isnā€™t my bad. Just something to explore though.

Please dont encourage them. This addon shouldnt exist in Classic. :persevere:

1 Like

Problem is that requires scanning many pages, which takes massive amount of time. Why should players require add-ons to be able to use auction house and why should players require to waste 20 minutes to buy simple cloths?

There are no viable workarounds for issue, the only solution is to deal with people who post single stacks.

Best solution in my opinion is to ban auction house add-ons completely.

Some will argue that because add-ons existed in vanilla they should not be banned. Yes, they did exist in vanilla, but almost nobody used them and they were nothing but list of auctions, which is completely different from modern add-ons. So as far as vast majority of players were concerned, those add-ons could have not existed and almost nobody would have noticed.

Auction house interface is old. Add-ons easily abuse downsides of old interface and they affect all players. Posters and add-on authors do that knowingly, abusing sorting methods to annoy users and force them to buy overpriced single stacks or waste 20 minutes searching is the reason for those add-ons functionality. All players have to browse through hundreds of single stack pages. All players have to compete with 1 copper instant undercutters. Auction house add-ons in Classic cause nothing but trouble. I think they should be completely banned.

5 Likes

people will continue to post stacks of 1 of items on the AH regardless, so why break AH addons which allow me to skip all that useless stuff? xD

5 Likes

If they have to post each stack manually, they wonā€™t :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Indeed, noticed this yesterday and it annoyed me more than it should. 5+ pages of single items that no one needs. Took me ages to find a full stack. I would support removing these add-ons as well. As in retail, Iā€™m just going to ignore the single items, hoping it will stop at some point.

I also saw a stack on there for 75 goldā€¦ some people are just stupid.

3 Likes

Thats because they know that they will buy a full stack out of desperation.
Its pure exploitation of human behaviour.

3 Likes

This is getting out of hand. Seriously.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a common thing and as someone said to avoid it you actually NEED the ah addon

It is against Classic fantasy to use addons that affect playerā€™s gameplay and his surroundings aka players, such as LFG.

The fact that players HAVE to install to ignore the single stacks, breaks that fantasy. Players wanted to play Classic with only minimum amount of addons needed that barely affect the game such as UI skins and Damage Meters.

Its common in Retail, but I will say this again it shouldnt exist in Classic.

2 Likes

So in other words f players so you can live in 2004?

1 Like