Ain't no more toxic players than M+ players

You seriously need to stop to take a generic quote and applying it to a specific case.

A lot of people treat guildmates/friends quite differently from strangers, might not be the case for your friends (that none talked about), does not really remove anything from my point.

While you are right on that one, it is still technically against the recommended Blizzard Guide-Lines (not against the actual Rules tho!) to disrupt Roleplayers Roleplay.

I am not joking here.

There are three World of Warcraft realm rule-sets: Normal, Player versus Player (PvP), and Role-Playing (RP).

On an RP realm other players may expect you to develop a backstory for your character, to stay in character when interacting with others, and to contribute to the fantasy immersion of the realm’s community as a whole.

World of Warcraft Realm Options - Blizzard Support (battle.net)

It doesn’t mean you have to Roleplay or actually behave that way but you have to expect to be not treated friendly when you violate those “unspoken rules”. :slight_smile:

Phasing however, makes this hard to follow.

Seriously? Then you’ve probably gone so far to the other extreme that the moderators have got used to deleting your reports without reading them.

If someone is actually toxic, I report them, but not every little bad word that isn’t directed at anyone.

But you are responsible for telling me that what I saw you actually type here - “I’m not toxic to my friends, but…” - is a figment of my imagination. There’s a word for that… Hang on, let me think… begins with ‘G’.

Nope, you’re not toxic to strangers at all. I can see that now.

And there’s the problem. If ‘a lot of people’ tend to treat strangers badly, then the only way to Blizz to ‘fix’ the problem is to remove all systems that enable players to group with strangers. Remove LFG, remove LFR… Let’s gooooo.

This has already degenerated into personal attacks, so I’m out.

Okay lets go for the hyperboles route.

:man_facepalming:

I don’t want to see bad language in public chats.

Privately when in groups with my friends is fine. But I don’t want to see someone swearing their heads off in Orgrimmar Trade Chat or even in /s outside the AH.

I pay a premium price to play this game, I expect a premium experience, and that involves not being subjected to vulgar language. Also an experience of not meeting the toxicity that’s been described in this thread.

Lol, Player comes in personally attacking people in the thread. People in thread responds to them. :

:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

well there are people who want m+ key leavers to be punished
and the odd few times someone was kicked from lfr for silly reasons from a random jerk
who whispers you in a arrogant way about doing a specific boss mechanic wrong
when you are doing it the right way

on my hunter i got the purple fog fear debuff on lfr lords stood away from the others didnt wipe anyone but two random guys had to be angry about it and was kicked
how are those two"fellow" players when with that debuff you move away from the group
i did it the right way but they blame me?

1 Like

I mean that’s why I stay away from THAT part of the game where literally every single little toxic creature roams

But I’m not so sure blizzard should be blamed tho….They can’t really help the fact that some are just douche bags, I mean how are they supposed to control that?

People playing just needs to stop acting like big babies and not take everything like it’s a matter of life and death.

This is another topic entirely and just not something that can be easily achieved.

If anything Blizzard should make it so that:

• Keyholder key does not get downgraded.
  • Increase incentives to not leave runs.

Either that, or to let people choose which dungeon’s key they want to get or upgrade to. I don’t understand why that part is random.

i LOVE your idea

I mean; you made statement of me that i have to get outside more often, etc. Without knowing anything of me. You are like high on top of the toxic list. And yes blizz should do something about that, i mean, about you.

And for pugs is a fix. Go communities. I have told it so many times… Thousands and thousands of non-toxic players enjoying M+. It are not already friends groups.

I think the message is:
The percentage of toxic players is higher than in the other parts of the game. That doesn’t equal all mythic+ players are toxic or that other parts don’t have toxic players.

3 Likes

My experience is random bg’s and raids are even more toxic. I basically never experienced toxicity in M+. I can count the times since legion on 1 hand. Leveling dungeons by the way top the charts.

1 Like

I’m not in the position to comment on that, because I havent’ joined a random bg in the last few years. You could be right, and the reason could be similar to why many people think this is true for mythic+.
It’s a bad design. In random bg your whole effort can be destroyed by one bad (toxic) player or when having to fight an organized group.
That’s similar to key depleting, leaving.

So, you may be right, but to be honest with raiderDOTio it’s way easier to be toxic before the whole thing starts.

That also counts for raids. There is player responsibility and when someone gets targetted with whatever that needs to get out of the group, wipe. For as long as i remember.

Take nighthold; long time ago already. It is not just shadowlands. Skorpyron 1st boss. someone does not stand in the circle and pulls all spiders → wipe. Trilliax, someone not eating cakes, wipe. Krosus, someone getting the damage orb and does not go far back, wipe. etc etc etc. I do not want to start about my first battle of dazar normal; which i finished in the first week of the tier, but damn. People are so damn toxic towards people who are somewhere for the first time.

1 Like

If you can find time to have already completed KSM 5 or 6 weeks into the season, you are definitely spending too much time on the game. Take it easy and slowly, you have a year to do this before the next season comes along.

Just because I have a more relaxed game play style than you, and I am suggesting that maybe you adopt it for the good of your own health and wellbeing, doesn’t in any way make me toxic. In fact, I think if we all turned off our computers for a week or so and went and got on with RL a little more, we would all be a lot better off.

I am generally one of the most friendly people you’ll be in IRL and in game.

But I have recognised that the majority of the toxicity I come across in the game comes from this unnecessary need some players have to keep pushing repeat content, and over all it really does spoil the rest of the game. Blizzard rely on players like you, who want to keep repeating the same dungeons over and over, so they can reduce the amount of real content they put out. Look at Season 4! It’s just a rehash of old content. I don’t mind that so much, but ALOT of people were upset about it.

M+ and it’s infinite repeat repeat repeat nature is unhealthy. It’s good to have a stop point. So you can get on with other things in life. Instead Blizzard wants you to be locked away in their game.

Just stop for a moment, look at how you are wasting your life, and think about what you could be doing to make your life better.

I’m not calling you Toxic. I think you’re a little narrow-mind and blind to how what your play style does to the overall experience of future of the game. But you’re not toxic. But there are many people who in your league of play that are toxic and mix with players who don’t want to push content.

I just feel it’s better just to cut the push content out of the game.

Excuse me for the offtopic, but:

Hey Twiggz. It’s april.

What are you still doing here?

tbh i think for my example i just got a bad group with 1 dps manipulating others to kick those who fail certain stuff

If the key goes well people are fine it’s when people start wiping to dumb stuff that things get toxic trust me I’ve been on both ends :joy: