Ain't no more toxic players than M+ players

equally it could be argued that your own expectations to do a key in time because “it’s what you want” is also heavily flawed… and subject to your own downfall in terms of why you play a equal role in making the mythic+ scene unfriendly .

No, you’re misunderstanding my point.

I am not arguing for why anyone’s “want” is better or worse. I don’t believe my want is any better or worse than anyone’s.

My entire point is that we all have different wants. Not recognising that fact is ignorant and will contribute to stress in the game. Not accepting that and wanting people to bend to your want is toxic.

I mainly think that trash mobs should be trash mobs and shouldn’t have more abilities than bosses.

If we look at dungeons such as spires, we have packs that require 3 low cooldown interrupts, as well as CCs. Those packs have caused more wipes in my runs than any of the bosses in the instance.

I highly disagree with the mindset “make trash more difficult”.

“Make trash more deadly”? Sure. But “make trash more difficult”? Please no.

If we look back in time, dungeon trash was exactly that. Trash. Sure there was occasionally a few mobs scattered throughout that had one, or in rare cases even two mechanics that needed to be interacted with, but it was mostly just mobs slapping whoever had aggro, with the occasional “mobs that slapped whoever they liked” thrown in. That didn’t change the fact that that paces had to be slowed down.

I don’t mind having to pull one pack at a time, but please use mob damage and similar things to enforce it, rather than giving trash even more mechanics than it already has.

The regular trash mob right now has more mechanics than most bosses have had in TBC.

Dear god, do I hate those packs. if you can’t basically fart interrupts, you’re going to get nuked. Very fun mechanics really and soooo challenging.

1 Like

leaving a key because you wanted and expected to time it…

is toxic to the other people involved equally dedicating their time to help not only you but others as well.

there is no arguing around that sadly…

you may see yourself leaving as justified… but it still impacts the game negatively for all those involved regardless if your slate is clean or not.

i personally always went into a mythic+ with a open mind i didnt care about not timing it…

if i fail i’d try again… it was the high requirements and obscene chance to get accepted into groups which stopped me trying to do the content in the end though… not the players.

3 Likes

Generally MMO or any competitive game players are toxic if you screw up. Sometimes more sometimes less but you have to build some resistance, you can’t win with toxic players.

Again you and the other fella are imposing your wants and standards upon me. I don’t share your values.

As I said in the quoted post, we are only in that instance together because our goals align. The moment they do not, I’m out because I don’t owe you anything.

and that is your choice to do as much, but it is still a toxic attitude. even if you do not see it.

3 Likes

It is toxic to expect others to bend to your needs. You and the other fella have the more toxic attitude here.

I would not expect anyone to do anything for me in the game that doesn’t align with their goals/fun - why could I expect that? Who am I?

We team together when it suits us, when it doesn’t we split. That is not a toxic attitude, it is true in every walk of life when it comes to dealing with strangers apart from charity.

Most do not play this game expecting charity.

i have not told anyone to bend to need, and i equally said it’s your choice to do what you do.

but keep trying to justify your own actions if it makes you feel better for it.

I get your point, but you’re wrong.

My goal is to make smooth run without anyone insulting each other and without dps pulling mobs for me (this should be bannable though xD). 9 out of 10 pug runs result in some dps being tank wannabe and pulls packs for me (it’s bolstering week, but I guess Details window is more important) which triggers me so much I wanna just leave, but I’d punish 3 other people by doing that.

Besides, you can at least say something at the start “guys, I’m only interested in timing it, ok?”

3 Likes

If that were true then there would be no need for this discussion :slight_smile:

Look, I don’t think we’re going to agree here. Best of luck with your gaming.

i think we have very different moral compass in what actually matters in life.

where i would help a stranger stand… you would step on them because your goal isn’t to help them you got to get to where your going regardless of their circumstances.

2 Likes

And there you go. Once again, we have found the problem and why this game is riddled with Toxicity.

They should stop M+ at 15. By all means, make +15 harder to attain. But there should be no reason to push keys beyond the end reward.

Wow, now you’re making this quite personal.

I hope for your own sake this isn’t how you really feel, and you’re just playing up for the anonymous internet lols.

Good luck.

For once I agree with you Twiggz.

not meant personally … im just putting it into brutal prospective to you how you came across here.

Honestly, I think these players just need to go outside and get some fresh air, and realise there is a lot more to life than an imaginary number and a Rio. Score.

Play the game because its fun and rewarding, don’t play the game to ruin everyone else’s fun.

But Blizzard is ultimately to blame here. They encourage this toxic lifestyle.

if people care to listen… and actually look into what im saying… people would more often.

That I disagree with :wink: :rofl:

1 Like