All Realms in this Region are now One Layer -- 21 August

Over the weeks since several high-population realms were configured to allow two layers, and therefore twice as many concurrent players, we’ve carefully observed and tracked the player populations on those realms. Our goal has been to reach a conclusion – a time at which we could safely “delayer” and return those realms to the same population controls as every other realm.

Today, we have done exactly that. All realms in this region are now operating without layers.

Additionally, we’ve disabled the temporary restrictions on character transfers from realm to realm in this region.

19 Likes

Queues inc

4 Likes

Thank you!!!

3 Likes

Please come Firemaw

1 Like

Thanks, good decision.

1 Like

good job team

1 Like

Freaking finally

Reminder that we were promised to not have layers since the first months

6 Likes

Finally, Kaivax, Thank you all!

1 Like

Great news but please increase server capacity so we don’t see queues again.

1 Like

finally… FREEDOM!

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

FINALLY. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Please leave them off now and the remaining two phases will actually be a fun experience!

2 Likes

Good job. only about 2 months too late. Golemagg went from super populated to super dead. nice work

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s pure coincidence that this was done a few weeks after the release of phase 5, on all the layered servers in Europe and the US at the same time.

Would it really have been so bad to tell people that you would keep them layered until after the gates had been opened?

2 Likes

Nice blizzard ques on classic again because that was so great the first time! Who cares about layering as long as you don’t have to sit in a que, I pay to play the game not wait 3 hours in que after work.

4 Likes

Come to Firemaw and I will show you my sick dueling skills

2 Likes

Noone cares

2 Likes

Ok boomer kekw

2 Likes

Nice one!!