All Realms in this Region are now One Layer -- 21 August

To be fair I wasn’t even that bothered by layers anymore. For all the harm they have caused, they had some benefits too like more herbs and world bosses.

I’m way happier with the server transfer unlock since the lock was causing some servers to seriously bleed out. Here’s to hoping it’s not too late to blow some life into those servers with fresh 60 transfers.

Thank You!!!

I hope people will enjoy sitting in queue

There might be a queue on Wednesday when everyone collects their free epix. Maybe raid another day and you fixed your problem.

Only people who failed at arena for over 25 seasons and are therefore playing classic for their imbalanced PvP fix to stroke their fragile ego are happy with layer removal.

Glad to hear about the transfer changes though. I’m sure there’s still plenty of people randomly finding out they have long lost friends playing elsewhere that they’d love to team up with.

They expected far less ppl to play their unwanted child.

When do we get proper node spawns in accordance to the server populations you allowed to develop? Honest players who do not buy gold or offer boosts really depended on the second layer. Hell, farming herbs was already tiring compared to vanilla or private servers. You already changed black lotus, which honestly didnt really do much they are at 180+ on my server, why not everything else? Even private servers managed that problem…

Look like someone has been ganked a lot in open world and is now salty af D:
Btw, good new blizzard, but pretty late …

1 Like

you killed the classic wow

1 Like

I’m a raidlogger, I get to avoid classic’s rubbish PvP. I just like reminding people like you about what you really are.

Prices are gonna skyrocket oh boi!!

Never played on retail before wow classic so yes obviously i dont have any title =)) btw from what i heard, a gladiator title on bfa isnt really a proof of your superiority on this game

Agreed, BFA’s PvP and ranking system is a meme, yet it’s still far superior to classic’s PvP. Says a lot.

1 Like

I went 0-14 in CDL I am a legend

Yeah, come Firemaw, you’ll greatly enjoy it. /sarcasm

In the 6 or 7 months of our tenure in Firemaw:

1. I never saw a thorium vein out in the world. No thorium veins, no rich thorium veins.

2. I never saw plaguebloom and mountain silversage and dreamfoil out in the world.

3. Once I spent a whole day’s worth of playing time looking for thorium and mongoose herbs. I made rounds of WPL, EPL, UN GORO and Silithus. Nope, nada.

4. You want to level up? Tough luck, Lakeshire was camped 24/7 by level 60 Rogues or druids or (UD ofc) mages ganking lowbies.

5. You want to change zone? Maybe go Wetlands? Maybe board a ship for Kalimdor? Tough luck, ships camped 24/7 by Horde gankers.

6. You wanna go to Wetlands? Tough luck, Menethil harbor camped by 3-4 Rogues, 1-2 Shamans and the omnipresent 2-3 UD frost mage. You land, you’re sheeped/sapped and then toast.

7. You wanna do Thorium Brotherhood quests? Tough luck, Searing Gorge camped 24/7 by Horde warriors. You land in Thorium Pt, charged/intercepted by 4-5 warriors, stunned, dead. You rez, charged, stunned by the same 5-6 warriors, dead.

8. You wanna do the Onyxia prequest in Burning Steppes? Tough luck, Morgan’s Vigil camped 24/7. You can’t fly out, you can’t fly in you can’t even get out of Morgan’s Vigil as Horde also camp the vicinity of Morgan’s Vigil.

9. You wanna do BRD? Tough luck, also camped 24/7 by Horde. There was this streamer that made a video of his #FIremaw toon trying to get to BRD. It took him like an hour to get there after being killed like 30 times.

There weren’t even any other Alliance players out there in the world. I have got a screenshot wherein I am alone in Firemaw in Gadgetzan Inn and around me there’s exactly twenty-eight horde characters.

Of all servers, Firemaw is an exact copy of the worst Vanilla Private Servers where there was constant, incessant PvP and alliance were even getting ganked in capital cities.

So yeah, whatever you do, do NOT go Firemaw if you’re alliance. You will regret it.

1 Like

That’s a hardcore PvP realm for you.

What, no, it isn’t a harcore PvP realm. It’s hardcore only for Alliance. It’s pretty fine for Horde. Nobody ganks them b/c there aren’t any alliance players around.

Once I remember sneaking into BRMt to get to MC with my world buffs intact.

The SG entrance to BRMt was camped, as usual, by about ten horde not including stealthed rogues/druids, and as I was sneaking to the jump point, i watched this level 55 tauren druid get to the jump point jumping alone and uncontested.

There were 22 horde or so around me if memory serves according to that RADAR addon AND I WAS THE ONLY ALLIANCE INSIDE BLACKROCK MOUNTAIN.

That’s why I love to play on my “dead server” (or dad server how we call it) with a medium pop. I can actually play the game as Alliance, find/farm stuff in the open world or get into BRM without corpse running for an hour. There are still PvP hubs in farm spots like Winterfell Village or other common spots, but you can get control with 5-10 people or farm it in the late/early off hours.

The downside for sure is that groups are harder to find, especially in the low level range, but how often do I have to run dungeons as a raid equipped character? And if I want to do it or want to equip an Alt, there are always some guildies or friends around to help or I do it during the evening, when groups are still going.

I mean people cheered Blizzard when they announced that Classic won’t get a LFG-Tool even if that means you have to spam for a healer or tank for an hour, because in Vanilla it was all about the community, friends and guilds, but in fact people still want a de facto LFG-Tool by playing on heavily overcrowded servers on which they can always find random ppl they’ll never meet again to fill up groups instead of playing with a well sorted friend list or guildies.

One Single Firemaw dude destroyed everyone in the Cdl, Cant say because hes a S priest didn’t see parla up there :eyes::joy:

How about increasing the amount of mining/herb nodes to reflect the increased population cap of classic servers? Don’t feel like paying 100g for a stack of plaguebloom in a couple months.