All this squish drama is getting really boring

And this is where we disagree, because I don’t believe talents have to be 1%+ a stat. You can make much more customisation trees then that and many games do. Maybe it would take a team a while to do, but I don’t think years is realistic. They can make a full expac with dozens of bosses in two-three. I don’t believe it’s impossible I just believe Blizz are being obscenely lazy and would rather squish everything so the games levelling experience is smaller, simpler and with little choice then make an engaging levelling system.

No… it didn’t work though… Old Content, especially Raids were mostly not doable due to bad scaling, same happend with the BFA squish…

this one might work though, because it is just a number, which will be adjusted, pretty much cosmetics… instead of 120 the number will say 60, while everything else stays the same…

I mean, just pretending that old content matters in WoW is a bit nonsensical in the first place.

I would be very happy if Blizzard kept old content more relevant through some features, but the reality is that they never did to begin with.

1 Like

As they’ve said before, pruning made it so that balancing the classes became much easier, they wouldn’t add 100 more talents per class making it hard again.

I agree tho, that would be much more interesting and enjoyable, but they definitely won’t spend resources on that : /

Knowing that they won’t make it better, they should at least make it shorter imo.

“Drama on this subject is boring so I decided to extend it with my own take on the same drama.”

Yes, sounds legit, why not…

3 Likes

I agree or at least put it in the main discussion topic

1 Like

2 different crowds.

1st treats wow as moba where nothing matters but hardmodes in endgame

2nd have put ton of effort into toons and have emotional atachements to them

i can already see hundreds of thousands quiting game when they will get robbed out of hard work they put over the year.

this is mmorpg . the moment when blizzard takes away levels its stealing from hard working players.

a lot people will log in , fell robbed , log out and never return - because why do it if blizzard can take it away any time

no mmorpg out there ever did level squish - even those that have 300+ levels on toons.

this is breaking the core concept of mmorpg and rpg in general.

1 Like

cut the numbers in half and call it a day.
lvling speed is fine, if anthing its too fast!

2 Likes

do big numbers intemidate you ?

are they scary ?

blizzard should never cater to stupid.

this is something which i really cant understand

you have the same people praising classic for being overcomplicated and wanting retail to be dumbed down and pruned further.

feels like classic crowd trying to screw retail on purpose.

why not make huge grids for abilities like PoE to make 130 levels interesting

f…ck the tuning . f…ck hardcore modes. nobody cares about them when rest of game doesnt matter and is sacrificed on altar just so hardmodes are tuned .

3 Likes

Imo this level squish is just part of a bigger rework aimed at leveling and caracter progression. We’ll have to wait and see but reducing max lvl without changing anything else would be a waste of time as it wouldn’t really matter. Leveling has bigger issues than merely “a talent every 15lvl”

Blizzard is more than capable enough to see Classic success and how bad the classic fans react to BFA leveling. Reworking leveling would be a win win for Blizzard as retail players would have a better experience and classic players could give retail a try if they feel like it’s going back on track.

1 Like

old content does matter, at least for transmog… I guess you don’t farm transmog or old mounts? Just imagine going through Heart of Fear, for some transmog on one day, clearing it without difficulty, then the day after, you die on the first trash mobs because of bad scaling… now you have to wait, until blizzard fixes the bad scaling again…

like I said, the stat squishes were a disaster

1 Like

sigh have to answer again, level squish is a good thing, this char is from classic wow, my priest is made in classic, played priest from tbc to bfa, but I want a level squish, and in no ways do I feel butthurt at all, I would embrase it.
plain and simple things would look way better, and even if it took longer to level, it would feel like you actualy are progressing, and not like it is now oh I got 1 level I am lvl 20 now, only 100 levels to go, where it would be more like oh lvl 20 now only 60 to go, this would feel so much better.

I have closer or over 500 days played if i start to count all my chars, and still I think a squish is needed.

2 Likes

So Blizzard shouldn’t improve any systems in the game because there might be a minuscule bug that might not be fixed for a few weeks?

Go to the ptr, test the raids and it should be fine. Honestly skipping 1 or 2 transmog runs until it’s hotfixed is anything but a disaster.

Ridiculous over exaggeration.

2 Likes

the stat squish was not an improvement… at least not for me…
also these fixes weren’t done in 1 or 2 weeks… it took them MONTHS to fix them… so it was a disaster…
missing out on transmog runs is bad… especially if you farm some super rare items (legendaries for example the twinblades of azzinoth, mounts or transmogs)
it already takes a really long time to get some of those, you really don’t want it to take longer, you really don’t want to miss chances at getting them

that happend yes, was it game breaking, no, did it matter in the long run no, so what is the problem here, that you need to hit a boss 3 times before it dies and maby dodge something, that a problem no it aint.

this is lazyiness from the players who in my oppinion do not even want to play the game or even be in that dungeon, and if theese people quit the game, Blizzard can lower the numbers of server, do server merges and drop the costs and focus better on the game instead of having to monitor lots of severs.

so honestly if people are unhappy whit the game, and super butthurt due to a level squish if it comes, just quit already, just maby the game would be more fun to play for the rest not having to read or se all the negtivity all the time.

1 Like

it isn’t about the raid bosses taking longer, it is about normal attacks, or mechanics, which shouldn’t one-shot you, one shotting you…
I remember the animus boss fight from throne of thunder, before the BFA stat squish, it was easily doable, after stat squish, this boss one-shottet you, no matter what, only a few selected classes were able to do this solo

and stuff happens, it was fixed, so still can not se where the problems are, sorry.

2 Likes

I guess you are not farming transmog, mounts or legendaries, by looking at your answers… these problems are HUGE, at least for me… I don’t want to miss out on chances to get these things… I don’t want to wait MONTHS until I can farm again, If I am 30 levels above the raid, I should be able to do the raid solo… there is no “but” or “if” or “it was fixed” this is a disaster… they should never do a stat squish again NEVER

Oh no… how very grievous.
Think you can survive ?

2 Likes