Allow me to remove the Adventure Awaits buff please

As the title states please allow me to remove the Adventure Awaits buff, I understand people want to level faster and get to end game quicker, I have no issue with that. However I myself love the old quests, and like I did in classic I intend to complete the vast majority of quests in the game. The Adventure Awaits buff will make this more awkward as the flow is disrupted and I’m pretty sure it’ll mess with rep gains whilst doing all these quests if I over level them quickly.

I’m hoping blizzard will allow me to click off the buff or talk to an NPC at level one or something. If you opt for the click off option, just put the buff in the spell book (like you’re doing with the iron man emote) so people can click it back on if they remove it by mistake.

I really hope they implement this option before release, i’d be extremely grateful. I absolutely love Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. I really don’t want to over level it / be done with it so quickly.

Thanks for reading <3

16 Likes

YES. why the hell not. Wow classic is the best game ever, want it to last as long as possible

9 Likes

Has anyone seen any info regarding the ability to click off the buff or run some kind of macro to cancel the buff? Not been able try on beta atm. Really just want the ability to level slower than what som exp values will be.

3 Likes

Fair enough.

Doesn’t harm anyone who wants the buff, like me ^^
Perhaps also nice for making an alt the slow way once we got a main leveled.

I mean, sure the rollout of fases might last a year this time, but that doesn’t mean the game won’t continue and ppl will still be gearing after that timeframe.

2 Likes

You do realise your character will be deleted in all probability at the end of the one year season in SoM. We don’t know this yet but it probably will happen.

EDIT: THIS POST WAS MADE BEFORE THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

1 Like

You really live on this forums for the post count don’t you… lol

And no I dont “realise” anything that is not even hinted about let alone being any info out there. It is the first time I ever see anyone mention it. Besides that if we do want to go speculate I would sooner believe they will roll out the expacs in a SoM version and we would continue our chars. But for now I’ll just think nothing gets hard deleted after exact a year, say anyone has finally geared his char after 11.9 months (since it’s harder to gear now) then he gets deleted at 12 months… yeh right.

5 Likes

At least you aren’t denying my point.

I don’t see why it would be. Diablo 2 also had ladders and you didn’t lose your character when the new ladder started, your char just got moved to the non-ladder server

Well I managed to get some time on the beta last night and re-tried pretty much every method I know of removing the buff, and tried quite a lot of google searching on removing buffs via macro (besides standard /cancelaura) or running an add on script, and it still it can’t be removed.

Any idea as to how this can be bought to the attention of blizzard before release? I heard they don’t read the EU forums and this is such a micro change that affects no one negatively I couldn’t imagine them being opposed to it.

3 Likes

Totally agree. There should be an option to remove the buff.

4 Likes

Of you like the game. If you like to level at normal speed. …Why would you even choose to engage in that speed runner version of wow?

1 Like

because it will be the only server where you can level together with other players. nobody is leveling in era & tbc. would be a complete singleplayer experience there.

2 Likes

Yes people are levelling in era. In the PVE cluster to be precise.

1 Like

you’re delusional. that’s 14 people leveling compared to thousands.

1 Like

You are of course free to believe what you want, however …

I’m not at my PC but roughly Sensusmod reports:

Lvl 1 ca 200 toons
Lvl 2-59 ca 2000 toons
Lvl 60 ca 500 toons
And increasing.

Purged for toons not seen the last 30 days.

How did you arrive at 14?

from another recent topic on this forum
14 players in Firemaw Alliance""

1 Like

Firemaw is so NOT the PvE cluster - LOL

1 Like

I’m not sure how this topic is constantly being derailed. I understand the era servers exist but all the content has been released and since there’s no announced classic + the only real option we have is SoM. Which I’m very excited for, although the change i’m requesting will affect no one, so I can’t see any reason why someone would be against it.

Ideally this topic would get back to the devs, however because its posted on an EU forum I’m not going to hold my breath. I was hoping others would perhaps be interested in this idea also, especially the hardcore challenge group, it adds minor extra difficulty which I know they aren’t adverse to.

3 Likes

That is false info. This is copied from Bluepost.

"When Season of Mastery concludes, you’ll have the option to permanently transfer your character to an existing Classic Era realm in your region. This free service will become available for a limited time at the conclusion of the season.
While we don’t yet know the exact destination realm and specific dates, you’ll have plenty of time to move your character to a safe home before all Season of Mastery realms are permanently closed."

Totally in agreeance with you - as a hc player one of th big things I do not like about SoM is the added XP. I’d like to remove Adventure Awaits as well. And for sure this hames nobody else!
Thank you for this topic. Let’s hope someone at the US forum brings up the same idea!

3 Likes