Alterac Valley Adjustments Incoming

Yes, clearly this all happening because of your suggestion!

In other news, great! Was about time, hopefully AV can be enjoyed for an actual battleground.

2 Likes

5 man squad can do nothing vs 25 man organized in Discord. You have literally 0 impact in AV as 5 man.

The rng won’t be 40 times to create 1 team, but rather just 8 times to create 1 team, with the RNG being how many of them aren’t full 5-man which will affect the number of randomization.

However, the biggest factor is the control of setups over these 5-man squads. Even though it isn’t total, horde will still be able to control 4 of the other classes and players they’ll be matched up with.

The implications of this are HUGE, not just the classes and gear and so on, but also socially as in the effectiveness of the teamwork with those 4 other people.

In other words, there’ll be less likely for only 1 person to guard a bunker that’s waiting to be burnt. Just one example out of many.

horde aren’t capable of stacking brackets within their server. do you rly expect them to be able to organize anything in av?

As an alliance player, I welcome this change :slight_smile:
All these crybabies saying “omg horde queue will double now” lmao.
If it’s that long of a queue, why would they not go to WSG?

1 Like

I’m not sure this is going to go the way you think it is. Hordes queues are now going to be exponentially longer, and alliance are still going to be able to take advantage of the smaller faction size to still get more groups worth of people into a war zone :man_shrugging:

So, even less Alliance will queue for AV? Hillarious.

2 Likes

It means there are still going to be the majority of people who queued at the same time getting into the same BG. It might not be the full 40, but I suspect it will be enough to retain a huge advantage over horde. :man_shrugging:

They are still going to win as premades :man_shrugging:

MOAR butthurt from ally scvm please. I feed on your tears

LMAO. There is a horde discord that tried to do this. Simultaneous queueing has next to 0 chance to land you in the same bg.
Ally cheaters gonna return into what they always were. A bunch of weaklings

6 Likes

Oh yea imagine having to actually play the game to win. Must be sad indeed. kek

8 Likes

Normally I’d never agree with Mando, but he’s right. This changes FA for the alliance premades. They will still continue to smash through the horde teams. Only the horde teams will now have even longer queues.

Yep, about time!
Thank you Blizz for listening!

/dance

4 Likes

Thank you for listening, Blizzard!

#yeschanges

4 Likes

No, it won’t. I’ll even predict something:

The team that has a more solid defense is the one that will more likely win in the end.

Because Vanndar can be 5-manned with a properly geared group and a setup for it, it’ll force alliance to defend against this. It’s even possible to do it without capping aid station which would otherwise alert the alliance of it, so they’d only see that global yell and that’s it.

So once the alliance gets used to it (should only take a day or two for many to grow accustomed to this pattern), it’ll make more of them defend.
Which will shave their fighting force in the offensive. While horde is already used to defending with large numbers, this will change the usual pattern of events which we’ve seen thus far.

Basically, we’ll see more organized gameplay from both sides like this.

One can even say that the impact of dead weights will be larger than ever.

4 Likes

Target nerf on my ganks is bigest nerf…why…why…

AV premades was ruining PUG playing on alliance side also (starting games 10vs40), so that’s fair I guess if it had to be done.

What I don’t understand is changing the WPvP! It’s already madness even with 25% decrease, when you are playing on horde dominated server! (35-65). You are killing the game for alliance!

Changing reduction to -10% will only increase corpse camping and ganking while horde queues to AV. DISAPPOINTED.

2 Likes

what blizz should do is, if people join a queue, then leave a queue, they should receive a 15min deserter debuff, that would stop premades trying to work it out…

2 Likes

This might actually be a good change for the alliance, dont you see that this meta force you to play 16 hours/day constantly running 7-10 minute games, basically only PvEing ? Whatever the next meta will be it will be better for ally pugs.