Anduin Wrynn is still a genius

varimarthas was a scourge goon and scourge aren’t “the other faction”

anduin lost a city to the horde bro. he is bad.

3 Likes

He didn’t lose any city, no one got Darnassus.

it was destroyed, so the alliance no longer have it - which is to say, he lost it.

he is the worst ever

3 Likes

He didn’t lose it to the Horde. And yes, he lost it, but then he avenged it by taking Lordaeron away from his enemies. Once the war is won, there will be time to rebuild that ugly little tree.

Baine is a snake and a traitor and if that Alliance puppet becomes Warchief I will personally rebuild Camp Taurajo atop his grave.

yes, he did. to the horde. because they were the ones attacking it.

he led the alliance leaders into sylvanas’ trap and she subsequently blew up lordaeron and the surrounding lands, very nearly killing King-Child and auntie jaina into the bargain

then he was jebaited into sinking the kul tiran fleet. sylvanas outplays him at every step.

basically what i’m saying is y’all mfers need ragnaros. dark irons out on the beach killing goblins forever while anduin has a little cry in his big palace.

3 Likes

He didn’t lose it to the Horde because they didn’t conquer it. That’s what “losing it to someone” means.

he led the alliance leaders into sylvanas’ trap and she subsequently blew up lordaeron and the surrounding lands, very nearly killing King-Child and auntie jiana into the bargain

then he was jebaited into sinking the kul tiran fleet. sylvanas outplays him at every step.

basically what i’m saying is y’all mfers need ragnaros

All wrong. I already addressed this in the thread I made last year.

Also, the one who was jebaited in Nazjatar was Jaina.

they destroyed it and have partial control of the lands around it.

face it bro, he failed to defend it. hence, lost.

nah man, sylvanas anticipated what the predictable non-genius boy-king would do and laid a trap accordingly. and he walked into it.

sylvanas > anduin

sylvanas is a genius

3 Likes

Sylvanas gave the order to burn the tree and the tree burned. Teldrassil was lost to the Horde because it was the Horde Warchief’s order it was destroyed and thus lost.

4 Likes

also the horde’s forces attacking it

i mean the plot was dumb and poorly executed but in-universe sylvanas anticipates andy’s every move and counters it before he’s even made it

if li’l andy is a genius then what does that make sylvanas?

2 Likes

Nope, they have 0 control of the land around it and did not take it, thus it is incorrect to say that he lost it to the Horde. If anything, you can say that he lost the War of Thorns to the Horde, which is different.

nah man, sylvanas anticipated what the predictable non-genius boy-king would do and laid a trap accordingly. and he walked into it.

sylvanas > anduin

sylvanas is a genius

Except for the fact that she didn’t anticipate for Jaina. Blowing up the Lordaeron was a last resort, not the way she wanted it to end.

Sylvanas gave the order to burn the tree and the tree burned. Teldrassil was lost to the Horde because it was the Horde Warchief’s order it was destroyed and thus lost.

No, because losing something to someone means that that someone takes control of that something, which isn’t the case.

if li’l andy is a genius then what does that make sylvanas?

Given how she would have badly lost the war in 8.2 and that her final hope came down to a terrible gamble, No.

Losing a family member to cancer doesn’t mean that cancer took control of them, it means they died as a result of cancer.

2 Likes

It means that cancer got them.

Got them to die, yes, it didn’t take control of their body. Sylvanas also got the Kaldorei.

Yeah, because they are useless smurfs who cannot hold out against savages with sticks.

unless the alliance still possesses it then it’s perfectly correct to say they lost it

the horde were the ones attacking it so it’s fine to say they lost it to the horde

it is different, but that defeat led to the burning of teldrassil so we might as well not go around the houses and just lay out the consequences of andy’s failure as a commander

no, but she had li’l andy pegged every step of the way, and even with the boatmancer showing up her plan still nearly worked thanks to boy-king’s naivete

so when i lose an arena match to another team, the other team takes possession of that match? good to know

wasn’t very terrible, was it? dumbsheet alliance leaders doing exactly what the horde plan for them to do is one of the few consistent threads in BfA’s narrative

2 Likes

It’s almost like if Anduin weren’t dumbed down we couldn’t have a faction war expansion. This is the problem with ingenious characters: in the hands of a bad writer, they will be dumbed down for the sake of the plot.

It’s not like the writers didn’t collectively reduce all leaders’ IQs by a couple hundred, to be fair. At least Anduin is consistently given the moral high ground at face value.

Well yeah, he does have the moral high ground. He literally didn’t end the war because he doesn’t want to mass murder civilians. He has every right to claim it.

how can he be a genius if he’s dumbed down? he doesn’t exist independently of the story or the writers handling him

3 Likes