Anduin Wrynn is still a genius

Why wouldnt Alliance attack Orgrimmar after their victory and fleet advantage in Dazar alor, is beyond me. Horde army was stranded there and Zandalari would be unable to help them out.

Was it because of his principles that he chased with WHOLE fleet after two flagships. To take Nathanos and Theron. What advantage would that get him if he was already winning the war.

Because the last time the Alliance invaded Orgrimmar, we achieved such a major victory! The Horde in ruins, the lion flying above Orgrimmar’s walls, the Warchief kneeling… Oh wait.

Was it because of his principles that he chased with WHOLE fleet after two flagships. To take Nathanos and Theron. What advantage would that get him if he was already winning the war.

Except that that was Jaina’s and Greymane’s plan.

Oh wait. Alliance had all the opportunity to do so. Yet we spared them. I’m damn sure he will repeat the same mistake. Anduin was were in SoO he saw everything yet he does nothing. Orgrimmar would have fallen, Sylvanas - A. Captured or dead B. Fled. With both outcomes Anduin would claim EK AND Kalimdor for Alliance, claim the vengeance for Night Elves and once and for all claim the total dominance over the both factions.

It did not have to be a massacre. If Anduin has his own principle of not shedding blood, Alliance could have demanded the surrender, or at least given the choice to Horde members, peace and handing over Sylvanas or death. Danny style.

Would have spared Tauren all this trouble, would have had aid of Night Elves and establishing the long lasting peace, if he damn wants it.

Idk how that works really, did they steal their kings whole fleet like a rebel teenagers to chase down Nathanos? Ofc Anduin was behind it, approved and signed. Otherwise its worse - he has no respect and control of his commanders.

He’s not a genius, he just has human male privilege or ‘potential’ propping him up.

1 Like

Or maybe he just told Greymane “Hey, since I’m like 19 years old and don’t really have a lot of experience in this kind of military stuff, could you take the fleet and destroy the last two ships the Horde has left? K thx bye”.

LOL? Now he is obedient boy who listens to Higher commend? Whole WoT was his own childish mistake. And no king ever says that he is incompetent and trusts his 2nd hand to do everything without him giving his own opinion and ideas. No king does start a war and then says “Im 19 and now you guys carry on. K thx bye!”

And he’s 19 not 9.

1 Like

Handling a sensitive naval operation to a girl who literally has the title of “LORD ADMIRAL” doesn’t mean that you completely neglect the war efforts.

Man, poor Anduin. If he takes his own decisions, he’s a fool who should let the more experienced veterans make decisions. If he lets other people take decisions for him, he’s a 9 years old who doesn’t know anything. I’m going to add this to the OP because it shows the hypocrisy of his haters.

Hey haters. Here’s me right now on you:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dce7b6BUwAMXTEg.jpg

That happened? I only know from the "Saurfang + Anduin = :hearts: " cinematic that they were going to have to call farmers to war. They ended up recruiting farmers in the army?

Why is it such a big deal Stormwind has been employing farmers since Wrath, I think? When the People’s Militia (comprised of farmers, basically) officially joined the Stormwind Army. Then in Cataclysm we had farmers in Thassarian’s army.

Well from my understanding, yeah… I mean you got the cinematic and you got the various “recruit” models standing around, I don’t remember if they have a recruit officer like in wraith. Still, those dudes gotta come from somewhere so even if I’m wrong and it’s only after the cinematic they start calling on farmers as well, it probably still means people who served other functions in society were called in. Of course it’s generally (especially back in ye olde times) people in the lower rungs of society/working class who decided to join the army. So the strain on the economy may not be so bad yet. War is a numbers game though, harsh as it sounds.

2 Likes

It’s not a big deal, I just didn’t know if it did happen.

An army can’t march on an empty stomach and Anduin got to make sure his Kingdom is fed. Even if there is somewhat enough food to go around, even a near shortage could cause prices of grain for example to sky rocket, which in turn is likely to cause unrest.

We literally have an entire tower full of mages who can conjure food tables. That’s not a problem.

I mean Westfall had a bunch of homeless people who needed food in the missions from Cata, maybe even from before and I’m sure there are other examples. So either it’s more advanced magic lorewise, it’s only a spell that exist as a mechanic or the mages don’t really seem to care much. Not to mention if you have mages that can just conjure up so much food, you don’t really need farmers now do you?

Thats exactly why I wrote that comment above, you played the same game here.

Also about the decisions, no, you cannot blindly trust someone with the operation without hearing out what they have to say, weigh their idea and then go for it. High King is responsible for the actions of the faction pretty much, you cannot go let your admiral do stupid move and then shift the blame on her. He looks like a fool like that.

I liked Anduin at start of BFA and I still somewhat like him now for his ideology and wanting to make peace, new relation between hated factions, new story arcs. He’s interesting, but he has most certainly screwed up several times over the course of expansion

We have the night elf doing the farmers’ job anyway, so it’s not a problem in either case.

Also about the decisions, no, you cannot blindly trust someone with the operation without hearing out what they have to say, weigh their idea and then go for it. High King is responsible for the actions of the faction pretty much, you cannot go let your admiral do stupid move and then shift the blame on her. He looks like a fool like that.

And they should have imagined that it was a trap because…? Heck, even the Horde didn’t know it was a trap, as far as I know not even Nathanos was aware of the details of Sylvanas’ gamble.

Sylvanas herself was made a fool, because thanks to her brilliant plan N’Zoth was freed.

How do you mean?

Sylvanas literally sent the Heart of Azeroth (oh, you know, the only thing that can free N’Zoth) into Nazjatar based on whatever an Old God artifact told her to do.

You mean the player? Ok, but if Sylvanas is guilty, so is Anduin.