Anduin Wrynn is still a genius

Nope. You never go to Anduin to enlist in that mission, you go to Greymane and Jaina. And besides, my point is that if Anduin was made a fool, then so was everyone else. Which is the point of that patch…

You are preaching to the choir on this one. I picked Sylvanas and I had to let Baine escape, so if we are giving prices for idiocy, sign me up. Still, there’s a twist coming.

But you know what else is common theme in this expansion? The Alliance chasing Sylvanas and stepping in all of her traps or even better, someone else’s traps.

3 Likes

Yeah, because they need to dumb down a genius, otherwise how are you going to have a balanced war? Proof of that is that even an handicapped Anduin is able to almost win completely the war.

?
Im not saying they should have known that it was a trap. But it was just plainly bad move. If they had info that Nathanos and Theron were away, Sylvanas was vulnarable. And by the time they were back it would be all over by Alliance striking on Warchief.

So Jaina is dumb and Anduin is naive to trust a dumb person. So he’s double down dumb? :thinking:

3 Likes

Except, you know, for the fact that if the Alliance forces didn’t help against Azshara, she would have won the battle, killed the Horde champions and leaders, and basically won the war for N’Zoth, because then the Alliance alone and Orgrimmar wouldn’t be able to win.

And if that’s the case, then there’s nobody Anduin can trust, because I can assure you, Tyrandumb and her animal boyfriend are not any better.

IF alliance didnt go there there would be TWO flagships of Horde soldiers there sunk and dead. AND Azshara wouldnt have enough Azerite to free Nzoth.

And Anyway she won the war one way or another…

True, they trusted Anduin’s insight to send the armies away.

In that case, either two things would happen:

1. The azerite of the Horde champions would be enough, as I mentioned (depends if the Heart is canonically worn by an Alliance or Horde champion),

2. Or Azshara simply kills the stranded Horde forces (she doesn’t toy with them because she no longer needs them alive). Which leaves places like Silvermoon and Suramar in unrest because their leaders would die without any clear successor, which would also be pretty bad for the Horde. So if anything Horde players should be glad that the Alliance followed them into a trap.

True, they trusted Anduin’s insight that its good idea to send the armies away.

They trusted Shaw’s intel, you mean, and they only sent the fleet away. Anduin had sent the Stormwind fleet to Darnassus as soon as he heard what happened. If only the draenei had lent the Vindicaar…

Two flagships, 20 + flagships, see the difference ?

?? Pretty bad pity game here…

Welcome! We are Alliance and we are discussing how to hurt Hordies!

YES, Thank you Mighty Jaina to come up with the plan and Anduin to … do whatever he does!

Kinda whole point of the discussion.

Shaw’s intel, High King Anduins suggestion.

What a plot twist that must have been to Anduin. Oh and thats a lie.

Error 404 - Vindicar not found!

2 Likes

You know Azshara only needed the Heart of Azeroth, right?

Welcome! We are Alliance and we are discussing how to hurt Hordies!

More like, welcome! We are the Alliance and we realize that if we just destroy the Horde the world will die because there is a satanic sword stuck in the planet’s core!

Shaw’s intel, High King Anduins suggestion.

Shaw’s intel, High King Anduin’s suggestion, Tyrande’s and Malfurion’s face value agreement.

What a plot twist that must have been to Anduin. Oh and thats a lie.

It’s not. In literal the first teaser of the War of Thorns questline you can hear Malfurion say that they need to wait for the High King’s fleet to arrive………

Yes, which would be way less to compared to what she got now. Its a simple math. How many out of these Alliance flagships there were champions that carried HoA…

Which Horde cares not atm? Orginisations who are interesting in that are already working on it. And its not a destruction, its removing Sylvanas and then moving forward punish or do whatever the crap Anduin wants to do.

+1

which never arrived?

Wait, are you trolling? There’s only one Heart of Azeroth………

Which Horde cares not atm? Orginisations who are interesting in that are already working on it. And its not a destruction, its removing Sylvanas and then moving forward punish or do whatever the crap Anduin wants to do.

Except for the part that the people and many warriors in the Horde are still loyal to Sylvanas, that’s why it’s smarter to sow discord amongst Sylvanas’ followers. She has the loyalty of the people and most of the armies of the various races, it’s not wise to launch a direct invasion which would only strengthen their bond.

Yes, helping Baine and Saurfang means prolonguing the war, but it doesn’t matter, because the Alliance is winning on every front anyway, and I doubt the situation will change after 8.2, since only part of its fleet was destroyed, the army was left unscathed and is still (presumably) fighting to regain lost territory in said fronts.

which never arrived?

Yeah, because Teldrassil eventually burned. If only we had a race which possesses a mighty spaceship that can teleport armies. Oh wait.

Ok… and Horde player has it? … :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Was the issue with Garrosh, Horde did not cease to exist.

Point proven, there was no Stormwind fleet arriving to Darnassus. Never reached the destination. So you tell me what kind of army was Malfurion was talking about. A in-vain hope, disappointing like whole WoT.

Ok… and Horde player has it? … :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Which I mentioned earlier.

Was the issue with Garrosh, Horde did not cease to exist.

Garrosh did not have the loyalty of the people and he actively pushed away the other races. Whereas you see tauren, orcs, and trolls serving under Sylvanas despite what she did.

What Anduin is trying to do is to reduce Sylvanas to the same weak spot where Garrosh was in 5.4.

Point proven, there was no Stormwind fleet arriving to Darnassus. Never reached the destination. So you tell me what kind of army was Malfurion was talking about. A in-vain hope, disappointing like whole WoT.

1. Anduin sent his fleet.
  2. Malfurion says they have to wait for his fleet.
  3. Teldrassil burns.
  4. Anduin says “Oh well, gg. Time to go back to Stormwind because we didn’t get there in time”.

What’s so difficult to understand?

I feel like that goes more for Sylvanas.

Invalid point. Sylvanas wasn’t the first to be dumbed down, it was Shaw. If Shaw wasn’t dumbed down, the War of Thorns wouldn’t have happened.

Also, and this is another thing, why would Anduin question the validity of Shaw’s report? He had no reason to believe that Shaw had been deceived.

Right. Well, considering Orgrimmar was full of human spies for some reason, to such degree that the Horde had to rely exclusively on generating false intel, I’m not sure who had to be more dumbed down first.

And assuming the worst is actually a good way to make a military plan so you don’t get caught with your pants down. But that happens anyway.

Holy Tauren… Listen up everyone only Horde champion possess Hearth of Azeroth.

Garrosh had the loyalty of everyone in Orgrimmar by the time of SoO and we are talking Orgrimmar here.

As for Sylvanas, she has pushed away Tauren who are the only race that has some presence outside the city.

Can I see a moment where Anduin states that he has sent the Fleet?

That’s not what I said, I said we don’t know who has it canonically. But obviously there’s just one Heart of Azeroth, because it’s always used the singular form.

Garrosh had the loyalty of everyone in Orgrimmar by the time of SoO and we are talking Orgrimmar here.

As for Sylvanas, she has pushed away Tauren who are the only race that has some presence outside the city.

Only a fraction of the orcs sided with Garrosh. The civilians of Orgrimmar, be it orcs or not, were against Garrosh. Many of them actually left the city.

Sylvanas didn’t push away the tauren. We do not know for now. And reminder that there was a tauren guard capturing Baine.

Can I see a moment where Anduin states that he has sent the Fleet?

Malfurion states that, and there is no indication that he was lying, nor would there be any reason for Anduin, given his characterization, to not do that.

2 Likes

Thats sounds very weak motive to think so. I think there are numerous ones and Azshara used azerite to power the ritual, which we know is accessible from NPC-s as well. Hell Ashvane was using HoA like neck.

So the loyalists die and one who surrenders lives another day.

Rescue Baine and send him back to his people, thats quite a good gesture that you are not after blood.

Ok I agree on that. But even if that is true, it doesnt really makes anything better.

There’s nothing that suggests this. The Heart of Azeroth is explicitely mentioned not only in Azshara’s dialogue but in the Encounter Journal too.

So the loyalists die and one who surrenders lives another day.

Because obviously you can make that distinction during a siege. Let alone the fact that Sylvanas could just blackmail Anduin by appealing to his sense of mercy. “You attack my city, and all these civilians melt.”

Rescue Baine and send him back to his people, thats quite a good gesture that you are not after blood.

That’s not what we were talking about. You claimed that Sylvanas pushed the tauren away, which we still do not know. Yes, it is possible that when it’s exposed what she did with Baine many will turn against her, but again there were several tauren who happily watched Baine’s arrest or actually TOOK PART in it.

Ok I agree on that. But even if that is true, it doesnt really makes anything better.

Yeah, because the Vindicaar wasn’t lent to the war effort, for some reason. Nice job, draenei!