Another disappointing move again Blizzard

They said how big the prize pools were going to be in the announcement, prior to any sales. The price pools were significantly upped from any previous tournaments. How excactly are we paying for it?

They give us the option to support the e-sports. Completely voluntary.

How is this a bad thing?

Its optional to support them by buying the new “toys” which will be available for purchase. other games do this well before blizzard have… its not forced on you, its optional so be happy with that much.

1 Like

That’s true though its the fact they essentially dropped Esports opened it back up with a open wallet for you to put money into when someone wins a cash prize usually you find its giving back to the players.

Now its players giving to the players its a very bad move in my opinion and yet again toys / pets whatever it is something that could be added in the game as content is now stuff you need to buy.

Watch the video and get a grasp of financial ideology that Blizzard are using.

1 Like

Many :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the third topic on this

If a company funds a prize in some sort of contest where do you think that money comes from? It always comes from the customers that pay for their products. This is where companies get their money from. So nothing new prizes were always indircetly sposored by players that pay.

I can 140% relate to this right now lol

1 Like

thanks sherlock, except, we’re already paying for the actual game, and subscription.

1 Like

Its simple really 1 topic is seen and removed , now if more than one topic covers this subject it gets better coverage and spreads the news. Its like having several news broadcasters talking about the same topic. It gets the message out there.

And you don’t need to pay for anything else. I never bought anything from Blizzard store other gametime or some Virtual Tickets. I don’t buy ingame items or services for money because I don’t like that idea.

yeah you dont NEED to do anything. you can just log-in on lvl 1 character and stay afk.
I dont get whats the point you’re trying to make.

1 Like

I say that you don’t need to buy anything from that store(mounts, pets, toys, boosts, whatever). You just need to buy the game and sub or gametime and that’s enough to play the game.

You paid full price for the expansion + subscription, yet you are locked out of part of the content, unless you even pay more. The whole idea of the in-game shop is just a spit in the eye.

3 Likes

Funny enough In game shop was added when activision and blizzard merged :joy:

its just a coincidence!!!111

2 Likes

It’s only cosmetics, that’s fine no one should have issues with that.

If it was tier sets or weapons I could understand that frustration but it’s not.

The toys they are offering to help raise funds for the esports event just means they are pooling resources to fund it, nothing wrong with that and it’s entirely 100% optional.

There is no such thing as only cosmetics in an MMO like WoW. There are several people that use the addon All The Things, to collect everything in the game, as the game itself does not have enough meaningful content. Collecting itself is an activity in this game and it is bootlegged by the shop.

1 Like

yeah.
so lets make it so you gotta pay real money for each mount, except 1 horse
each pet
each transmog
each toy
etc.

since, it clearly is fine in your opinion :joy:

Jesus… how are forums still free?

2 Likes

I ain’t crying - just /face palming at the lack of search capability

But those items have zero impact on your ability to play the game.

they don’t prevent you in any way from completing in game content such as dungeons, raids, arena, battlegrounds, world quests, expansions, old content, rp,pvp,pve anything at all you can imagine is still achievable in game.

All the things…whatever that 3rd party addon is, could easily not count store items and viola you remove 17 or so items and all of a sudden it makes no difference…