Any Hong Kong people on this server?

Needless arguments as per usual.

2 Likes

A long and tiring argument about troll behavior and how some thinks it’s justified, not agreeable, justified.
edit: Oh… and some pvp talk in the middle.

I didn’t know this, good to know though, thanks! It just means…more fel rushes?

Yeah but by the time you had him heal and you went in the sky and you went down he has no more immunities left for 5 more minutes so he’s an easy kill.

Repentence → intrerruptable. If he managed to get you to intrerrupt his heal when he was planning for a repe he can’t use divine shield. AoE blind means 6 seconds. Say you spend 2 on running, DH can still catch up. SoV? Just run away and intrerrupt.

6 second wings + Visions of Perfection changed things so DH has meta 3/4 of the time up in arenas due to it and paladin can have wings. There is no escaping it unless you literally use blur to dodge those hard hitting TVs, paladins hit like a noodle outside of burst - though I was reffering to the hammer of reckoning wings of you hitting him.

He’ll usually stun you and lock you as you’re vulnerable then like you said and then use wings - if you trinket his stun in the very beginning when he’s no threat then that’s not good on the player dueling the paladin. So they are kind of forced to either, from what you said:

• Waste their stun so they can catch you with avenging wrath to begin with

• Wait 2 minutes after that and not stun you or cc you other than a slow every 15 seconds so you can refresh your ‘I fly into the sky’ card and do it all over again and have him spec into an aoe blind / repentence, meaning they can’t stun you more than once a minute, or twice a minute and 30 seconds.

So by the time he has wings again you’ll most likely have trinket / a CD.

My point is that DH is overpowered compared to ret paladin - and that’s a compliment to the class you’re playing and the skill you’re having personally if you know how to play a demon hunter, which I assume you do.

DHs are a huge counter to paladins in that regard, in the same way as rogues running us around pillars to reset stealth then sap us and kill us with vendetta. (Though that does not happen often in 1v1 combat outside arenas)

[insert thanos gif here]

Everything…

1 Like

Is this the sound of an argument ending?!

2 Likes

I think so yeah! I had no care for the argument that seemed to go with the pcu, it just seemed like the thread was already derailed and a pvp argue is one of the little things exciting about wow anymore. So I’m kind of glad I had that talk with Kelduril :slight_smile:

1 Like

tbh anything is more interesting than the original topic.

5 Likes

If you like arguing about PvP, you’d like the Arena forums. Some people here are a little bit rude, though.

1 Like

Is it just me, or are the OOCers getting crazier on AD ?

4 Likes

they are… king

1 Like

10 Sec cooldown, and we don’t have a slow so it’s not that big a deal.

Why would he bubble the Rain from Above? That would be silly. He can outheal it. Or pop shield when I’m almost down and burst me.

This was before that was a real option. It happened months ago. We weren’t rocking epic essences yet.

And honestly I haven’t really followed BFA PvP past Season 1.

What do you mean waste, it’s still a ton of damage a Paladin can do. You don’t need wings to do damage. A Demon Hunter has no passive damage reduction, even if the Paladin doesn’t pop wings he can easily chunk 40% of my hp in that 6 second stun.

Definitely would, it’s great to have 4 seconds in which you can heal safely and not take damage from Meta. DH has no healing reduction, 2 small heals will do a lot for the Paladin’s survival. You don’t need more than 2 stuns.

Yeah, let me summarise it for you.

" X class is OP, pls nerf "

With X changing every 2 days. They’re a cesspit.

DH is broken since its release but I fully admit that you have beaten Ratapai because you out-skilled him

1 Like

Yeah, that’s just… not true. If DH was broken you’d see far more in the top of the ladder than you do. People flock towards the meta. This has been a fact in every competitive game for over a decade.

A lot of what the DH is good as doesn’t even apply to 1v1.

Man i remember in legion being 1 shotted by a DH in a /duel while taking 40% less damage and having the better gear (was playing enhance shaman). Truly always been broken

1 Like

Yeah I Think Dog Man Himself Could Not Word It Any Better Ratapai Will Learn From His Defeat

1 Like

Well… the first page of the 2vs2 leaderboard looks pretty filled with demon hunters, if you ask me.

24 DHs in the top 200 for 2v2.

Only 12 for 3v3. Yeah, 2v2 seems high, but in 3v3 it’s fine.

2 small heals yeah. But, then again - it’s 3AM here so I think it’s best to agree to disagree. I enjoyed the talk!

For sure. I’d never derail a thread myself but I’d help derailing a very derailed thread by the derailment of the thread which was derailed.

That’s 12 too many, imo.

2 Likes

If you weren’t a Mage I’d be angry.