Are the low pop servers going to merge or not?

The lowest pop EU realm right (Dragonfang) now has 9k active players.
Your Judjement is 11.5k
Vanilla server cap was 4k or so back in 2005.

Vanilla server cap was for ONLINE players. You’re mixing active (people that are logging in on this server) with people that are online AT THE SAME TIME.

Currently Judgement server has 2-2.5K online players at PEAKS during weekend. We sure could use at least 1k more to make it ok. Also - many players are just low lvl, I’m Only lvl 40 and i’s still way ahead of the curve and it’s pretty hard to find groups (I don’t mind it though, should get normal when I hit 60)

are they THAT bad?
well, then i feel really sorry for you. dunno what to suggest, feels like a dead end.

I remember when leveling in a late tbc (not many people were leveling around), were were finding groups for “tomorrow 8 pm ZF run”.

yeah, it sucks. but i hope you will find a way out.

Who 55 at Nethergarde Keep now is 32. And that’s medium pop.
Hydraxian Waterlords count /who 55 = 10
Gehennas /who 55 all of 61 players
so actually 34 is quite cool for this time of day

Add a “-” after the “55”.

Yeah he ment 55-60

Ah, you wanted all 55 and more, not only level 55 But the 55-59 would be more realistic as 60 won’t play with you :wink:

well, 34 is 55-60 on heis server. that’s really not a lot.

55-59 Nethergarde keep is 99
The level 60 are all in dungeons.

No, and if it was not a PvP server, I’d be rolling there immediately :wink:

I have not seen any information on merges at all but if I do I’ll try to come back and post it.

Very appreciated.

…but you need to make it sound inviting to entice people over.

Although, I have to admit I would not wish upon any solo player to make the same choice as I.

A friend took FCM although it’s quieter he says one of the perks is it’s a lot less busy to complete quests. He can plough through levelling.

Well, to be said, being on a 30k server is also bad, cause every mat on AH costs like vendor price+15%.
You just vendor all the good greens, because deposit kills the idea of trying to sell them on ah.

but imagine not being able to even get once to BRD, cause there are like 30 people online who would do it and then don’t want you there

I would LOVE it - a real low pop server that is - and as for dungeons - That’s what guilds are for.

I’d really be thinking of switching to Bloodfang from Noggenfogger if i didn’t have all my friends and guild on it.

Better h:a ratio, better server economy.
Less layers = more solid server community.

I think that people will only move when they implement Paid transfers. I for one am on Dragonfang and wanted to play on Tenstorms with my friends. Again, I won’t be able to do it since Tenstorms is not even in the list of transfers. I will just level on Tenstorms until they get a Paid transfer so I can move safely. Also, I don’t think people will move on other servers since they didn’t move during the first one, so why would they do it now?

There was a reply somewhere with a person saying they’d made up their mind to go and missed out. Some people may still consider the moves.

Why exactly would it “not be possible”? You believe blizzard doesn’t actually know how to make it happen, they can’t figure it out?

Or is it maybe more likely that they enjoy getting their £20 server transfer income from the hundreds of thousands of people who eventually transfer to a busy server.

Please put away the tin foil hat. Blizzard isn’t trying to fleece people for transfer money. If they want a cash injection they only have to release another mount :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The servers were upgraded a long time ago. This was after the last lot of server merges. Server merges are good. They are good for Blizz and good for the playerbase. They tried to experiment with some new merges for some South American realms and things didn’t go as planned. That was the last we ever heard of merges and people have been crying out for them since.

Blizz have acknowledged that some realms need merges. However they’ve not offered any more information on what can be done. FCM is only offered for realm over populaton but I think they may have to consider a measure like this for under populated places too.

I am not trying to be a conspiracy theorist I just think that it’s part of their long term business strategy with monetisation in wow… that it’s a deliberate choice to not merge servers.
What “Didn’t go as planned”? Blizz used to do merges. I don’t believe they lack the ability to do them now.
Hell if they really wanted to they could just move every character over to another server as if they gave everyone FCMs, except they are forced. If they actually wanted to.

You are free to believe what you wish.

People don’t like FCM, take up is low and some will never give up their names. FCM will mean if your destination realm has that name, guild name etc taken you can never have it. Merges mean you retain both.