Are the low pop servers going to merge or not?

Name retaining is an issue on merges, isn’t it? Since you can’t have two players with the same name.

yes of course. on Shazzrah we have still queues and by the time people left for other server to bring them back? and ok we stayed on Shazzrah because we didn’t care about queues. the people in your low realm that we wil face again 3-4 hour queues what will they say? they will open forum tickets again for server transfers to a low pop server again?

2 low pop servers combined does not create a full server.

With merges no names are lost.

For example if you were on a merged realm you’d be Arbet-Ten-Storms so you could run into Arbet-Pyrewood-Village. Just using our two realm names as an example.

1 Like

Interesting, didn’t realise that. Thanks!

Merge wont happen probably until endgame because there is no sharding at the moment between servers

Such as this post?

Well maybe a server merge executed as merging two servers is technically not possible. But what’s stopping them from enabling the transfer to technique we already use for server transfers, forced, on every toon on server A with only available server B?

Not technically a server merge, but end result is the same.

Other than the technical limitations around players who may have toons on both already? A basic understanding of customer service and PR. This would be a wildly unpopular move even if it worked.

FALSE INFORMATION.

You are comparing a server cap with active player wtf ?

Yeah, i got it already, people said it at least twice :slight_smile:

Most people are still below 50.

Why would they even think of merging anything just a few weeks after launch, when high population servers still use layering?

you here again? Dude, are you working and spamming the dragonfang related forums in your free time? haha btw I need you in our guild. Somebody with this much dedication would be a perfect fit.

i said something false ? watchout you seems to stalk me atm

nah not really, just went through the thread coz I was bored and your name catched my eye.

Of course. but you didn’t answered

yeah you did. Dragonfang is okay thanks, we are a growing healthy community, and as you are not some kind of oraculum and you do not have historical data to prove your point I would say that you are just a great lobbyist againts something you don’t know, don’t care. Have you been on a dead server personally? Or you are just another special snowflake jumping on a bandwagon. From a pure technical point of view when layering is gone its sure does not affect the maximum population of the server coz it can easily fit 10k ppl. Which cannot bear it its the map. You are againts low pop coz they will be ghost towns in a couple of monts. People will be cry out for transfers if the majority of population will be concentrated in silithus, ungoro and winterspring. Good luck farming reputation or anything. The best would be to spread out the population but ofc it wouldn’t be a case.
Hope this reasons for you enough. I’m not expecting an answer longer than a sentce tough, coz thats how trolls are operating in general.

where did i mentionned your realm (in this post) ? cool story by the way

i litterrally just said what he was saying server cap vs active player is false.

you are strange man and scary.

Something a lot of people don’t realize is how most of the player base is in a different phase of their lives than 15 years ago. Work/family commitments means most people end up playing around the same hours, mostly afternoon/evenings. I remember back in the day the difference between peak and off hours was definitely not as big.

The highest populated realm at 6am and less populated than the least populated realm at 9pm.

I reckon this is also one of the things that made it hard for Blizzard to gauge the realm capacity it needed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.