Argent Dawn EU has a population of 70% Alliance, and yet Alliance are the ones who get the War Mode bonus. The Warmode phase is chock FULL of them

Youre crying bad about 1 shard yet the reason alliance have a bigger bonus, which has grown significantly is because horde outnumbers alliance, a lot. Every other shard has swarms of horde especially in mechagon. You wanted to be seperate from the other shards. You tried the nazjatar event as ally? Ally cant even get a full raid anymore whilst horde have like 3 full raids its ridiculous so stop complaining about 1 single shard and do what ally get told to do on other shards. Turn wm off

?? this is about rp shard which is 70% alliance 30% horde, its the other way around on these shards

thing is, Defias Brotherhood got put in this shard, which was a large Wpvp realm for years due to its 50/50 population, but AD has too many ally players that overpower it, wpvp is non existant on DB this xpac Blizzard shouldnt give rp players their own shard and keep the bonuses from the normal shard when its completely imbalanced in the wrong direction.

Alot of people are crying because warmode with the bonuses and population imbalance due to merge has all but killed a once thriving world pvp scene

Thats the thing rpers wanted to be seperate so they got what they wanted and theres more ally. On all the other shards theres more horde hense the extra 15% bonus which is high which shows the state of wm imbalance. They should of just merged them all together at the beginning but then youve still got the problem of how many more horde they are compared to alliance. Blizz destroyed it with wm it was fine before it but now its a total mess

DB was RP by name only and got merged in with this mess, DB was a world pvp server and was for years, a lot of the players that are complaining about this mess are wpvp players from world pvp guilds that got forced into this shard

3 Likes

The simple and only thing to do is bring in the damn fricking adaptive Outnumbered Buff based on Shard Numbers and Player Proximity rather than the never seen Regional Population crap!

Honestly, Blizzard just don’t think beyond two inches ahead of their heavy set eyebrows sometimes…

3 Likes

Just scrap RP shards :+1:

3 Likes

You’re missing the point. The Alliance has a 30% bonus because there is a risk involved. The Horde does outnumber the Alliance on other realms, but they get the bonus to incentivize them to turn it on. On Argent Dawn they get the 30% bonus as well, except the tables are turned and the Alliance gets that bonus for free with NO risk involved.

4 Likes

Your solution potentially creates a new problem.

If bonus is different per shard, a % of players will shard hop from their low bonus shard to a higher bonus shard. With bonus reducing as players hop to it. Then, more hopping.

The proximity aspect could help reduce the hopping, but there will be a happy medium between bonus % and faction balance in shard.

The players currently in WM for bonus, talk about being forced to WM on. Those same players are gonna feel forced to shard hop for optimum bonus.

Depends how proximity works, like is there only a bonus at all within say 30 yards?

But, this solution is actually defeating the purpose of the extra bonus anyway: increase participation of region outnumbered. Shard balance not relevant to that goal.

Even if no bonus unless proximity very close, there’s already shard hopping for rares, etc. But, introduce a bonus greed factor, and problem could explode. Are these proximity bonusers gonna ignore each other to maximize benefit? I already see that happening sometimes, could get worse.

Possible Result

• Increased players appearing and disappearing, decreased shard faction balance stability.
  • Without region extra bonus, region imbalance progressively worsens.
  • Worse region balance creates an Increase in single faction Horde overflow shards.

The purpose of base 10% bonus is to increase participation. The extra bonus is to increase participation of region outnumbered, to reduce single faction overflow shards. Extra bonus is not a reward or compensation for being outnumbered, it’s 100% to do with improving region faction balance. Your solution would likely make region balance worse.

No. The easiest alternative is to stop giving War Mode bonuses globally. I don’t give a flying F that the Horde is majoritary in other shards when my shard isn’t linked to those.

Alliance outnumber 9 to 1 and still get the 30% War Mode buff. That’s wrong. Fix that and the situation will be better.

6 Likes

Well, yes, that’s basically a dynamic system that I have vouched for as well. It’s just that I doubt they’ll individually monitor servers for A/H activity.

I really struggle to see why wouldn’t I they just give out the outnumbered bonus to RP realm players separately compared to the rest of the region. Afraid of non-rp Hordies swarming the place? Then, just only give characters from RP realms the bonuses and don’t let the others receive them even if they hop to our warmode shard.

7 Likes

And that should be changed too.
Well, I rephrase: That must be changed.

Actually, I would like to see Blizz banish serverhopping entirely from the game.

2 Likes

There ye go, that might work. I like to find drawbacks, right now I can’t find any in your suggestion.

Why does anything have to change ? I’ve maybe been in 3 shards where only 1-2 horde were around and the rest were either alliance packed with no horde, or horde packed.

Talk to the people in your guild or lfg and you can easily jump to shards that are controlled by your faction.

2 Likes

Yehaaaw! Yeah, make it even more of serverhopping…

Is that the point in WPvP? Just jump to a shard where there’s no resistance at all?

There are many players who like WPvP. And other than arena or the like, WPvP is not about just showing some random guy who you probably never see again how incredibly skilled you are.

It’s about establishing bitter enmities, making your mark and win (in-)fame among the hostile faction.

Plus: It’s really annoying to be unable to trade with allies you meet in the world.
I’d really like to hand out some gliders, camouflage elixirs (makes you untrackable) and blackened worgen steaks (makes you able to track humanoids/players) to my fellow allies, but I can’t.

Well one of the problems are LFG. And it seems like they love using it on RP shards, what a mess, No one wanted WM shait the first place.

Thing is I don’t want to change server cause the imbalance does not bother me that much. What bothers me is that the faction outnumbering gets the outnumbered bonuses.

And I really don’t get the logic you are going for here. If the Horde outnumbers the Alliance on X servers, the Alliance on RP servers DESERVE the AAO bonus while their servers are, in fact, dominated by the Alliance?

How about they just fix the god damned AAO system so it does what’s it’s supposed to do?

2 Likes

Well, I guess I’m guilty of getting the conquest bar filled up within two hours of game time, I suppose? As you know the current faction balance is irreversible without extremely buffing the Alliance because of many different factors. And even then, everyone plays Horde because the player-pool is simply much better.

You have to live with the side-effects of a permanent 25-30% bonus for the Alliance - and especially the RP-servers - until the majority of them swaps back to the blue side, which will unlikely happen within the next five years. That fact is hard to swallow but that’s why I play both sides and not just one.

If you want to change anything, then start playing an Alliance-character. Complaining and calling people autistic won’t help you getting these rewards anytime sooner.

2 Likes

I levelled this monk on argent dawn recently with warmode on all the time, never turned it off and I only see alliance everywhere, so far I have seen only 1 horde paladin who attacked me and then gave up because I’m healer.
It’s stupid to have 30% bonus on top of being the dominant faction, warmode bonus should be either removed or different for every server.

4 Likes