Argent dawn for wm wpvp

Dude. Argent Dawn - RP server. Why would there need to be a War Mode community full of OOCels?

Seriously, this guy.

2 Likes

You… are trying to bring a new play type to a popular server.

If you kick start it on the other RP realms, then you’ll be bringing the guilds with you no?

Why exactly does this new type of PVP that people on AD don’t do, require you to kick start it on AD just for it to be popular?

If you are gathering them together to forge something new, it doesn’t matter where as long as the WM works right.

This guy is probably a Scarlet Crusader in a wig. Don’t pay too much attention.

Then start it on defias and not argent Dawn, simple, if it’s not argent Dawn then don’t start it here.

If that hub is center on a normal/ former pvp realm (including db) and not in the last standing rp server.

No you are not, so don’t say you are.

You want to encourage to wpvp on a roleplay realm which has a 71 to 29 percent ratio of Alliance to Horde?

Why? Wpvp is already only used for leveling. Stop beating the dead wpvp horse. Especially on a roleplay realm.

You cannot choose to ignore a large majority of the player base when what you desire is situated on the same realm that player base currently exists upon. It’s wilfully ignorant.

You are entertaining some manner of WM-purist notion that will never truly be a reality. If your community theoretically existed and begun to flourish on Argent Dawn, they would - without a shadow of a doubt - spill out of WM and begin to disrupt roleplay.

Simply telling people to “report” the offenders is not a good enough solution, but perhaps not bringing these players to the server to begin with is?

A contingency plan is not constructed around something that has no firm guarantee of success.

Roleplayers are not some all-powerful community that can demand and receive change on a whim; the removal of sharding was never a guaranteed result to begin with, and I believe that roleplayers are as grateful for this as they are due to that.

I mean we all sort of accept it’ll get broken each and everytime a patch hits don’t we?

Even when it hits the main cities ¬_¬

Luckily we do eventually have this rectified whenever it breaks, however that is likely only due to the fact that Blizzard committed to delivering the removal of sharding in the first place. Going back on what they promised to deliver would only create further uproar.

1 Like

Why not roll on any of the other RP servers, then? No one RPs there anymore, so you’d not bother anyone. DB even has a reasonable community of PvP players still.

I always get the impression that there is a secondary motive when want to create a pure OOC guild/community on AD.

Question… why are you replying to me?

When you quote what somebody else has quoted, it comes up under your name; I don’t think Obilot intended to reply to you

Alright then.

Because I don’t know how to quote.

Sorry.

2 Likes

It’s fine.

Not too worried, after months of you and your clown posse emberassing yourself in Stormwind regularly and proudly presenting your horse erp to the world I don’t think that there will be any great interest.

2 Likes

Understand… WM is not on AD. That’s just where the players character is located. In WM, we are mixed with other realms in WM shards.

The point is, because WM shards are more optimal for community on RP realms - makes perfect sense for a WPvP community of multiple guilds to be on the most popular RP realm.

No, it’s not on the realm itself. It’s in WM, which is for AD, a mix of RP realms.

Popular realm = more chance to form multiple guilds on a single realm. Distribution of WPvPers across multiple realms and realm types make WPvP community impossible. WPvP community has already been tried on Def for example, did not work - too small. Most popular realm AD? Potential.

Should not matter to ADers which realm this would happen on, since WM is mixed RP realm anyway, and takes place off realm.

We can’t see recognized players/guilds in normal WM. More likely in RP WM. That is the basis of community. Will it happen? Prob not, this is just aspirational.

See above.

Normal = no chance for community (multiple guilds interacting) due to different sharding. Defias = been tried. Ad, most popular realm, would be a best bet. There are WPvPers out there, but they are distributed. Put em in one place, in multiple WPvP guilds.

Huh?

This is aspirational, there’s already at least one Horde WPvP guild on AD. If one is possible, more are possible. There are no PvP realms, so what else to do for WPvPers? We have no community, because of sharding system. RP WM shards have more potential for community out of the 2 choices.

The fact is, I can - because WM is separate from the realm.

You are worrying about something that has not happened. If it did, it could be dealt with by Blizz.

Been tried and failed. Lack of players. For this to work, would require enough interest - and the most popular RP realm is best chance for multiple guilds to be on same realm. That’s important for community, even if they interact in WM.

I’m not in that guild, but this is just an aspirational post. I recognize there is unlikely to be enough interest for it to happen.

The core thing is…

1. Community is not possible in normal WM due to sharding.
  2. Sharding is still an issue in RP WM, but less an issue - at least have chance to see recognized players/guilds. That is the foundation of community, impossible in normal WM.
  3. Currently, WPvPers are too distributed and no recognized single realm for WPvPer to join/form guilds. Small realms like Defias have been attempted to form community, but too small. Needs a big realm to make it happen.
  4. Lack of Horde on AD an issue, but we are not talking a lot of players to form 2 or 3 or 4 guilds.

WM is separate from the realm, I am only interested in WM.

[Speech 0]

Thank you for your contribution to the discussion, lol.

Yes, other RP realms. Or what remains of the playerbase there.

Within a separated shard that cannot interact with non WMers, except cap city.