Asmongold is right RWF is ruining WoW

tbh most recent bosses that "broken " me in raiding was anythign from nerzhul to painsmith mythic in SoD. i honestly dont know how anyone sane can call this anymore rpg raiding. its pure frogger not rpg game.

how can anyone consider it fun rpg experience i honestly dont know.

after that experiences i just decided to skip this tier - i cba anymore.

4 Likes

Painsmith is a very straight-forward fight compared to most, but you are correct. Even he, the probably easiest to comprehend fight in the entire raid, is far more complicated than most RPG fights. They are about preparation, but there is nothing we can do to our characters to make us resistant to or more capable of handling the kinds of pain he inflicts. Not even higher damage will help us, as all it does is ruin our CD timings and kill us anyway. Horrible, horrible RPG boss. Great action game boss, horrible RPG boss.

I somewhat think the game was better off before Legion introduced those dailies mechanics, which to be honest, does not need to be good. But according to team 2, people complained aboot WOD not having content because there was virtually near next to no mandatory grind. The playerbase asked for a list of chores and is now complaining aboot getting it.

On a more serious tone, WOW should embrace being a theme park, ie players should only be doing what they actually enjoy and they should not feel bad aboot missing a day or two of farming. To that regards, 9.2 is a huge improvement over 9.1 grind and I’m really sad to witness that Blizzard was willing to make a “grind less” patch, so to say.

They’re becoming too gimmicky imho. I’m not against some fights having hard mechanics, not at all, but I also think Blizzard designers should just give up on trying to do so. I mean, they’re trying to fight off BIG wigs/DBM and weak auras, but let’s be honest, someone will find a way to just “ignore” those mechanics. I also don’t think we should kill off boss mods because the UI sucks, so it would need a complete overhaul, which probably won’t happen.

Also, the fights execution used to rely more on executing classes, which I think we should come back to, ie reducing fights complexity but increasing classes skill cap.

The more they’re trying to slow them down, the more players are being punished. So there are no reason whatsoever to keep goind down this way. Who cares if a raid is being cleared within the span of a reset ? Old boomers that keep saying the game is easy because some guilds are able to clear the raid this fast are irrelevant anyways.

2 Likes

Asmon has some bad takes, but he’s right here.

In MoP, Heroic (now mythic) SoO was hard enough to be a decent carrot, but Flex (now normal) was a great loot piñata that served as an awesome way for guilds to organize and see the content, and normal difficulty (now heroic) was a great blend of making encounters challenging and rewarding.

The game doesn’t need impossible raids to engage people, long-term. That’s what the loot system is designed for.

I think the highest level of content should require skill and effort, but as Asmon pointed out, it’s unlikely the kills we’re seeing logged are a result of players leaving the game, they’re just not able or willing to do it.

4 Likes

I think i am just fine there are difficulties that i can not do at all. Apparently there are people who can so who am i to take those challenges away from others.

People in their 30’s are boomers? I’m 50 this year and I’m still not one. My parents generation on the other hand, are.

3 Likes

I said up to legion. Reading is hard I know

1 Like

I want daily content. I like it.
I understand not everyone does and so yeah; it shouldn’t be necessary to do daily content to do other activities. It should have its own progression.

Just like raiding should have its own progression.
Just like M+ should have its own progression.
Just like rated PvP should have its own progression.

Blizzard should stop wanting players to do ‘everything’. If players can do what they enjoy, the game will be better and people will simply play.

5 Likes

it’s not just RWF it’s all the streams and their TITLES
rank 1(inserct class) blasting high m+ keys etc etc
MDI CHAMPS pushing high keys
it’s all the people in game with attitude of i’m rank this and that player and you are garbage
it’s all the people who look at LOGS like it’s BIBLE
And all the GUILDS with 11/11 normal 10/11 HC recruiting specific CLASSES TO PROGRESS
it’s the MINDSET of devs that they need to push competitive gameplay into wow
it’s the class design being literally designed AROUND dungeons and raids or PVP
instead of FUN gameplay and cool abilities
It’s the only source of GEAR in this game is on wednesday from a RNG machine
it’s the profesion are completely USELESS to your character min maxing or anything else

all that and more is responsible for downfall of this game

8 Likes

Legion did not introduce them, MoP did. Or rather, MoP introduced them in the soul-crushing form in which they exist today. But MoP learned its lessons and it learned them fast, and those lessons were carried into WoD. But WoD was a small expansion, devoid of content. Something had gone wrong within Blizzard. So when WoD is accused of being too light on content, it is quite correct; but this is not a reason to bring back dailies.

Then Legion comes out and strikes a near perfect balance: Infinitely repeatable quests pop up everywhere, however you only need to do 4 a day, and you can collect them over 3 days and do them all in one go.

In the mean time, however, a new form of dailies creeps into the game, inspired by Hearthstone. These dailies were rather big bonuses that can be found on just about everything in the whole game.

But World Quests have a weakness: Their point of origin and how your character came to know of them is unclear. So
 back with the dailies. For whatever reason. So 8.1 and 8.2 undoes all the work, but now we not only have dailies but we also have world quests at the same time, creating a situation where you must log in every day and it is not entirely clear where quests originate.

It is unfathomably difficult to understand how in the Hell Blizzard comes up with something this bad.

There’s a problem in here that’s so large we almost can’t see it: All of this is making WoW’s “advertising” (put another way it’s word-of-mouth perception) look more like it’s about high-end extreme, nigh on impossible, difficulty; whereas WoW’s true heart lies in its world and community building.

Blizzard have lost sight of this fact themselves as well. The game sacrifices community all the time on the altar of difficulty and especially convenience.

4 Likes

I think a big part of that is because a raider is in charge.
Maybe getting an RPer or world designer as game director would fix things.

3 Likes

I got 2.2k in wotlk. It wasn’t raid or die to PvP. I had to stack resilience, which didn’t exist on pve gear.

Which is why most of us drive
 we ain’t waiting for that bus :wink:

Raiders were always in charge - right back to the very beginning.

To tell you the truth - I don’t think it’s Ion that’s clueless. Not at all.

This guy mentioned here, on the other hand: The creator of Twilight Devastation has left Blizzard

Oh boy am I glad he’s gone. I wish him the best as far away from anything I enjoy as possible.

3 Likes

People do not transition into past generations because they get older. People who at that age now are “millenials/Gen Y”

Sorry for nitpicking I just had to point that out

3 Likes

Not clueless no, but definitely biased.

Agreed.

1 Like

Yeah! Nobody is taking my Generation X away from me!

2 Likes

i think there are way more problems in being jealous on players who are able to do higher difficulties. When someone enjoys normal raid difficulty, then just do normal. And play with likeminded people. There are tons of guilds and communities progressing normal (and after maybe heroic). It is so wrong wanting to take someone elses fun away.

Oh come on. I am probably the least jealous-of-higher-raid-tiers guy you’ll ever come across in your life, I’m telling you, and even I think this difficulty is just outrageous at this point.

I’m sorry, but when you literally burn out the guild that got world first last time to the point where they go home and halfway quits the game for weeks - when you exhaust the world champions by how cheap and over the top and just plain difficult it is
 then you’ve gone too far.

Uu’nat was hilarious as well. You basically played a lock, shadow priest, or tank - or you weren’t going to do it. There were what
 17 guilds who actually killed that thing?

I get it - it’s always fun when there’s a next step and a next challenge, but this isn’t even a next step or a next thing. It’s something you’ve already seen before, just made harder.

This stuff doesn’t appeal to anybody. Even the people doing it are joking that Blizzard “are designing the game around 2 guilds” and saying it’s ridiculous, going to bed in total exhaustion, complaining about pay2win, and so on.

What next, painting goth clothes in vantablack? It’s too much.

3 Likes

The answer could be:
Token sales skyrocket.