(Attention) The big thread of what's wrong with classic PvP

Majority of this thread will circle around PvP because say what you want, it affects every realm and every player in some way.

Alterac Valley needs to be adressed accordingly, this premade hysteria needs to be over with. It is already creating extremely toxic behaviour alliance side, first few weeks alliance premades actually reporting active players as afk to remove them from the game, to try and slot in their premade teammates.

Ranking has never been as popular as now, because the meta of the game has been harvested over and over. Ranking gear makes for a big part of the BiS items until Ahn’Qiraj and this encourages everyone to PvP now, especially after seeing their favourite classic streamers rushing PvP-ranks.

However, Alterac Valley and PvP that comes with it is a doubled edged coin, right. Alliance has more controlled brackets and environment due to faction imbalance they can choose who to invite to large 40-man premades (sometimes even hundreds queueing together), where as horde it is pretty much down to who can sleep the least and/or world PvP the most inbetween queues.
— This and only this, has created the most unhealthy environment both community wise, but also physically for players that I have ever seen and I honestly hope that this is somehow helped before someone is seriously hurt.

Another point which is very alarming, premade VIP discords are charging 50€ a month for alliance players being allowed into these premades, who originally were created by these toxic alliance players vote kicking players. Only this fact is like what the, how can a serious company like Blizzard allow for this to happen? People are getting paid money to spam advertise threads on official forums to connect to the discord, encouraging players to pay the 50€ fee to get connected.
BlizzardActivision and their affiliates have shutdown numerous private realms, which is completely understandable, this is due to revenue loss and non-legitimate actors profiting off of Blizzard’s games. Now, why are these VIP-discords allowed to make tens of thousands of euros?
Changes are due.

Simply fix Alterac Valley farming, so that players who want ranking gear actually have to the PvP for it. Currently horde is quitting in rapid numbers due to being curb stomped by at least 70% of the games with these discord premades running things. I know it’s faction imbalance that allows for it, but it’s directly killing subscriptions to wow and it is outright dangerous.

No changes this, no changes that, some changes must be done as society is getting more and more competetive, this kind of ranking is going to have players killed out of lesser knowledge or out of pure neglect of their own health for the months required for Warlord, High Warlord, Field Marshal and Grand Marshal.

Another worrying fact of this game is botting and account sharing enabled in Alterac Valley-meta.
Currently ranking General R12 Rogue on one of europes most competetive honor brackets horde-side and I’am able to do the honor farming but that is only thanks due to my choice of class. I have friends whom have played private realms since 2010 and done multiple ranking carees on both factions, many of these are struggling and I’am seeing very dangerous behaviours rising up from ranking, and foremost because they are stubborn and competetive players not wanting to give up before they reach their goals, but because there are so many botters on horde-faction that are playing 5-24hrs a day before the actual account owner takes over.

If you chose a class like warrior, hunter or priest you are going to have a harder time reaching required honor for higher ranks than for example mages with high control or rogues with stealth - who can sneak into alliance cities to snipe honorable kills. What this makes, is that warrior and priest players now have to push themselves even harder to first outfarm legitimate players and then even more so by outfarming players botting.

I as a rogue can with tryharding on average make 7000 to 11000 honor per hour with maximum consumables and limited sleep, totaling to 140,000 to 190,000 honor a day.

One good example is one of my best irl friends who I have played vanilla with for many years, so he is veteran with the ranking and life that comes with it, but he plays warrior and I rogue. During 60 hours till today I have slept 12hrs and my friend has been doing constant world PvP inbetween queues, till he is physically unable any more and needs to nap inbetween queues. So in 60hrs I have slept 12hrs more than him and I’am still 100,000 honor ahead of him. This makes people who are competetive push themselves to the very edge. I’am already getting whispers ingame from people feeling ill and some people from the vanilla community reaching out on discord saying all sorts of things and even admitting they’ve had to account share due to crashing irl. This is very crazy and I hope this reaches the people it needs to reach.

I have farmed alliance cave and some games I have recorded 23 bots in the alliance team. Again tell me, how is this premade discord model so successful? Yeah, imagine joining a game where half your faction is made up of bots, you will either pay the 50€ OUTSIDE OF THE GAME to actually be able to join VIP premade discords and play the game, or simply you quit because the level of professional conduct of developers is just non existant.

Please, Blizzard for the love of peoples health, if not for that for the games longevity and subscriptions do some simple fixes.
Legitimatize competetive playing in Warsong Gulch, add Arathi Basin prematurely and add battleground weekends. Remove the ability to premade Alterac Valley by back-patching to harder versions of the game where you can’t rush and single pull Drek/Vanndar. Don’t break the battleground, but make it just enough so that it isn’t honor efficient for whole top guilds to be running a 120 man premade on discord. Add a deserter for missing/not accepting queues and alliance can’t force open empty games that screw pugs over and thus can’t premade with the discord systems. Not everyone is supposed to be reaching r13/14.

As it is now, alot of warriors, hunters, priests and warlocks that can’t PvP and gankg in alliance major cities are getting scuffed and not able to reach high honors due to botters or enough hours in the day. A legitimization of actual competetive play in warsong and arathi would bring class balance to honor gain and you would be able to control the amount of honor (the amount of hours players need) to push every week, which is so much more healthier than this drug abusing, account abuse, software bot-abuse that is going on currently.

Say what you want, changes from developers side are necessary to make it better for everyone. This is a game that is grind-based, but it is in a state that is making alot of people quit the game forever. I’am considering doing it too, seeing my close friends leaving because of pure loss of interest in the game.

What happens when every realms and respective factions community players and figures quit? Yeah, the friends and players around them stop playing, the guilds and realms will start dying.
That’s just my five cents, let’s hope this thread makes it around.

/Niko

80 Likes

To many cry post when i pvp allys

1 Like

Yes, this is all very true but Blizzard does not care

6 Likes

Only real problem with PvP is spell batching.
5vs1 wpvp is acctually not pvp, its gpvsp
-group of players versus single player-
so that should not be consider.
It has nice mechanism to keep things in order tho. Look at flamelash and new flamelashes coming soon
Playing AV is so retarded I will not spend sec talking about it.
Again, only major issue is spell batching
Discuss

Much wall, such text. Remove AV and release AB, problem solved.

Wow, never thought it would come to the extent of players extorting each other just to be able to join for an AV premade. Horde side it’s still a utter crap-show with so many botters (and worst of all, proud of it) out there that once I get to r10 and get my blue set, I’ll forget all about this bg spam… even if I go down 2 or 3 ranks.

It’s seems you’ve put a lot of research into this and can’t say I disaggre with any of it. Having the premades in AV stop would certainly help things out, but I’d just settle with a weekly ban for bot users too.

3 Likes

https://i.imgflip.com/3mibhj.jpg

Good post, it pretty much sums up the reasons why im quitting wow classic as of today. Best of luck to the people that stick it out.
Hope blizzard takes a hard look at their game and makes it better before we have a bunch of r14 botters/accsharers with the best gear in the game (about 2½ weeks left).
Cya guys!

10 Likes

Good post indeed.
Sadly blizzard/activison (whatever they are called these days) doesn’t give a flying f…k, as long as people still keep their subscription.

But i agree with the post above mine, the real problem and a bummer is Spell Batching.

Take care of your self man.

2 Likes

Playing 18 h/day ain’t speak good for you my friend, you might need a pshycolog

2 Likes

I vote for down ranking honor gained in AV, no discussion there.

But the health problem etc, is exactly why blizz removed the honor system in tbc.
15years ago Oprah Winfrey had episodes about wow players, who there Kids were taken away cus both parents were ranking and neglet there Children etc, etc.
Why nothing wil be changed (i always hope it will) is simply due the fact, in there point of view they dit fix it… They brought out a new arena system and later on ranked BG…
In blizz there eyes, they fixed it that way…

I am veteran myself with multiple rank 10+ from vanilla, and was planning to go rank 13 this time… But i CBA with the current state… So i agree with you, only afraid it wont happen.
I strongly believe they dont even want classic to be A succes (eventho the extra subs), because they need the new expension to be more succes full than there 15year old product.
Otherwise stockholers wont be happy.
So i advise you, dont get you’re hopes up.
As long as activision is in controle, our game never wil be propperly fixed.

3 Likes

I was wondering why this pvp sh…tshow never happened on private servers.
Then I realized that private server developers did not cherry-pick different parts of different patches of vanilla.
They made a few modifications (for example the riding skill was expensive not the mount, faction rep gain was boosted, etc.) but they really took #nochanges seriously and added everything the same way as were added at vanilla times patches by patches.
So after they introduced the honor system they added AV in it’s original form, they manaded faction balance by simply limiting the new players’ number on the overpopulated faction, etc.
And it more or less worked.

So the solution should be:

• Remove all rank and AV rep (including rep rewards) from all the players.
  • reset all honor
  • remove AV in its current form
  • add 1.5 version AV
  • then add AV modifications as it was in vanilla patch by patch later

I can hardly believe that there is a Premade Discord charging 50€ every month! I mean how broken someone has to be to pay 50€ just to play AV? What kind of life do they have? I am really curious.

3 Likes

The retail mentality was there from the beginning. We all expected it and prepared for it. But we all underestimated how huge it was.

Ranking in PvP is brutal as hell, and thanks to the mega servers we currently have, some servers require the same effort or even more to get to rank 10 as it was back in the days to get rank 12-13.

The elitism of premade-AV discords and such just ruins the experience for the majority of players. Not to mention the abuse of every single glitch and game mechanic possible just to rush the boss and win as quickly as possible.

Sadly, this might be true. During a period of time, with the great success that was Classic, I genuinely though that Blizzard/Activision would realise that a game designed with passion will beat the game designed for profit.

However now that hope is very dim, retail WoW doesn’t make sense any more with Shadowlands and a very dull and bland gameplay.

It’s cheaper just to keep the “passionate” design of Classic WoW to stay there and just keep the molded subs. Making it simple in a presentation to say “Look how many subs we have, they really like retail”

2 Likes

Not much to add here, I wholeheartedly agree.
If you add the min-max mentality of today’s players on top, you get a very dangerous combination.

It’s interesting that the pvp dynamic is different for horde and alliance.
Horde is “punished” (for Phase 2 ganking apparently) by long queues, but they don’t have to spam games 20h a day rushing to exploit-pull Drek like you see most alliance streamers do.
On the flip side, top alliance grinders stack brackets so they’re honor capped in 4 days leaving 3 to rest.
Horde plays pretty much 24/7, with no premades, promoting the most degenerate lifestyle possible. Or cheating, of course.

Fighting endless stream of premades also leads to a situation, where someone can put the same amount of effort into the grind, and come out with half or less honor, simply because the particular premades he encountered had half a brain worth of game knowledge (many remarkably don’t, you know which ones).
We all know ranks have nothing to do with skill, but it’s also not a secret that vanilla PvP used to reward the best grinders - and I don’t mean it in a negative way. But even that no longer holds true in the Classic of 2020 we’re playing today

3 Likes

We didn’t have 1.12 AV til late vanilla. Shouldn’t be in Classic atm.

Halve AV honor, double WSG, or just put in 1.6 AV.

Really don’t know why this hasn’t been done yet. Not hard.

No one is saying make the rank easier or break the core values of vanilla, which is to keep this insane grind - but why do we have this version of AV that wasn’t in the game til super late in 2006? No point in phases if we’re gonna keep it like this, just release everything at the same time as it was just before 2.0 and kill the game faster than it’s already haemorrhaging

9 Likes

As much as I agree with this post, truth be said: Shîtz…ehrm Blizzard doesn’t care.
Such a shame.

1 Like

Very good post indeed, I totally agree.

1 Like

Agree with most of your points. However complaining about health issues attained while competing with the top 1% of hardcore players is just ridiculous. It is no surprise with the attitude these days where seemingly everyone and their grandmother sees themselves as world-class pro-gamers.

1 Like

Bots are ruining the rank on the horde side. If the meta was AB/WSG or the Honor gain inside AV was not passively gained through killing NPCs and given to everyone in the game that would make bots irrelevant.

Nerf the passive Honor gain inside AV and the bots will not be able to outfarm legitimate players who put in the time to actually grind between the queues.
Bots are also making it (atleast on the horde side) almost not possible at stacking brackets at an acceptable level.

Please Blizzard ban these script kiddies, autoclicker abusing idiots who literally makes every single legitimate player have to sleep so much less. The honor system itself isnt that bad its doable, under healthy circumstances.

ACTUALLY BAN botting for a real amount of time 3-12 months not 24 hours like I’ve heard being the case.
And lower the passive honor gain from AV so bots and leechers cant outfarm legitimate players during the hours they need to sleep.

/Karakz

8 Likes