Auction House Lag

They’re either unable to solve the problem quickly or unwilling to divert the necessary resources to fix the problem quickly. Whether it’s incompetence or greed, there is simply no excuse for this.

I simply do not believe that such incompetence is possible, even by Blizz standards. It must be greed. (Neglected server infrastructure / non-scalable database design, not updated for decades, or whatever…)

so what u want is, for them to Gamble and spend more than they have to on a server setup before an expansion ?_?. im sorry Blizzard is there to make money. and this is another issue they will fix as fast as they need vs how much it costs its just the way of the world aint it ?

Fun fact

They changed the professions to NEED the ah to lvl up, due to the amount of rare material needed
They changed the AH to be regional based

Now their previous changes came back to bite them in the a$$, cos as usual, they didn’t spend even 1 minute thinking what would happen on an expansion launch where EVERY SINGLE PLAYER spams AH to try to level their NEW PROFESSIONS

Amazing

none of us REALLY know whats causing this. only blizzard does. hopefully…

but we all know that IF its the bots causing it, there’s not going to be a fix. bots “pay” for a subscription too. and there’s alot of them

as Thegokke said - “Blizzard is there to make money”
we are all still paying. so are the bots. incentives to fix it are low to non existing

incentive is there, its just that if its a question of to many ppl to little server, it does take a while changing that many servers ?_?. esp since its a regionwide ah, i expect if it was like before they would just upgrade 1 ah, now its a HUGE system, ofc its complicated when the game originally wasnt made for it :slight_smile:

Guys … if you want to experience a working AH transaction… without being told “item not found” … game time token … I have yet to see a tiny tiny lag opening that or getting a 'item not found" … GUESS ITS ONLY ITEM NOT RECOGNISED BY ADDONS ??? sorry caps, i am frustrated with this AH nonsense, wanted to make use of the time before raids/m+ to farm some gold with herbing and mining angry face

We actually kinda know

Massive concurrent connections to AH due players leveling professions at the beginning of expansions, and bots selling mats

Something you didn’t have in the MIDDLE of DF, when they launched REGIONAL AH, and something they obviously forgot to test

its not true, i checked AH at 7 AM while less than 5% players are online and using AH and its still same crap. something is just broken in AH and doesnt matter how many players are using it honestly. you can test for yourself as well.

1 Like

Less than 5%?

And you know that…why?

You think every1 play at your same hour? At the beginning of expansion?

Do you think farmers sleep? people who get day off work for this don’t play at 7 am? Really?

And do you think that after the AH goes time out and similar cos of the connections it can’t handle, it INSTANTLY goes back to normal the second it receives 200.000 concurrent calls instead of 400.000?

you play wow as long as i have played you would’ve know too lol, you on payroll from blizz or something? white knighting at its finest

i love when lvl 51 players tell us how the game work ^^

Please stop with this bot nonsense. That.is.not.the.issue here.

Most likely the bots are suffering even more from this outage than me or you, as all their scripts are failing or taking a ridiculous amount of time to complete.

Is this Stockholm Syndrome or what? Why are you guys shifting obvious Blizz problems to external things like bots or alleged addon abuse? Get real!

Such an amount of Blizz licking is just disgusting, sorry.

I love when a lvl 80 with 16k ach points tells a lvl 51 with 23k ach points how the game works ^^

Jokes aside, the AH is currently unusable. Been trying to buy some gear for my fresh 80 gatherer, but that’s impossible. “Item not found” on everything I want to buy…

1 Like
1 Like

Then it should have been properly tested before it was changed. Activision Blizzard as a company is worth billions of dollars and now they are owned by Microsoft. A huge important part of the game being non-functioning for days on a SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE is simply not acceptable.

Probably you are not referring to me, but you should be aware that this broken forum assigns posts to no-matter-what avatars.

For example, when I posted the first post in this thread, it appeared as of one of my Remix toons (I never posted anything with that Remix toon before). I had to reset it to some other toon.

And honestly I didn’t care to which toon I’ve reset it (I have 20+ toons), because I just don’t care. When I’m posting here, I’m posting in behalf of me (i.e. my account), and not some of my chars. My chars are servants (em, members of my family), they do not belong here :wink:

But yeah, Blizz has so many more important things to fix than this…

Any ETA on solving the AH problems??

While posting this tweet, the important (and disconcerning) message was omitted:

“We’re going to throw more hardware at the problem […]”

What does this mean? Correct, their databases are not up to the task, as I insinuated here.

[…] a well meaning and simple design change caused a DB table that used to hold 20-60k rows to now contain tens of millions

That’s exactly what I meant with non-scalability (see link above).

I was referring to the post above yours, and yes, I was implying what you just said :smiley: