Auction House Lag

Argent Dawn
Constant lag
Item not found errors.

WoW is not a site, it’s a game.

Yes, the broken-ness of this site just mirrors the brokenness and quality issues of the game.

I’m playing this game for 6 years (which is not much, compared to others), it seemed OK at the beginning (Legion for me), but the quality at which it is now is really infuriating.

My sub is still running well into 2025, and that’s basically the only reason why I still try to find something good in this game and in Blizz’s handling of this game, but in fact I think it is pointless and I’m just lying to myself.

This company does not have any serious intentions at all to satisfy their customers. Probably they are thinking they have sort of a monopoly (which is true somewhat), and they are trying to milking people as long as possible, without really investing anything to bring back the game to acceptable quality levels.

Adding to this for shadowsong/azhune EU/ Clearly server side.

Didn’t they have 10 expansions worth of time to throw more hardware at the problem? Everything was working fine 10 days ago, so what is different this time around? The tables are the same, quantity is just a number and all that has changed are the names of commodities. If we account for the thousands of deleted guild banks and all the different materials which won’t be listed in the foreseeable future, what could be causing an overload?

idk I think they are just waiting for the hype to die down so they can not adjust any of their horrible spaghetti code and just pretend it never happened while tweeting ’ we fixed it ', just for the problem to occur again every single expansion release and only getting worse and worse.

2 Likes

I have noticed this a lot recently, especially with the memory leak that was reported on US and EU forums. I’ve been excluded from the forum for pointing out how laughable it is to link us to an " just reset ui " article or " do you have enough ram ".
there is enough censorship to go around for anyone who gets a bit too close to the truth but no remedy for the players who get a ever worsening service let alone game quality.
It’s a wonder, probably also just pure coincidence that the performance from DF is up instead of the same or down… I was ready for 30 fps expansion, after 60fps valdraken.

It’s just so weird how they treat this monopoly with such disrespect

If it is necessary to throw X amounts of more hardware at a database (as the tweet says), then this usually means that the database is not up to the task.

Proper databases are designed to scale well with increasing data amounts, and, in the normal case also with changing database structures, just because they are designed for exactly that purpose, i.e. to live for quite some time, at least more time than a few hardware generations.

Well, if at some point you find out that your database is possibly not suited for much more data, or for different, upcoming hardware structures, or you find out that the recently added complexity can be handled by your database only in a suboptimal way,…

… you have the option to migrate the database to a more suited model. But this costs resources.

And you have the option to leave it where it is, which does not cost resources. But may have further implications in the future.

So why is all that not something anyone couldn’t have predicted 6 months ago?

I think they have been calculating with it. See my post just above. But they went for the potentially cheapest solution. Whether, at the end, it will be the most economic solution is uncertain. I doubt it.

Here is a tinfoil hat for you

You think that thinking that a company tries to maximize its profits deserves a tin foil hat?

Good luck in life then :wink:

Spent the last hour trying to buy 6 items on the AH. Managed to get 2 of them…

(and this is at 2am)

It’s sad that you decided to rest for the weekend and left the game in such a terrible state. I have a thing on AH with “Time left : 49709 Days 24 Hr” …

So frustrating, no other business with this lack of quality control is possible to run - but this freaking game that i mostly enjoy can do it over and over again, without any compensations or anything to their loyal player base.

nooo really? i didnt know.-.like wow…it’s a game?..amazing…bloody hell, learn to read abit of the posts and what people are replying to before commenting like that…jez

i refuse to believe a single word in that tweet, it stinks of made up B.S excuse for a company that has 10 bilion phases of testing before putting something out… and this isn’t even the first time we had “AH related-lag-delay” problems lol.
Sure maybe if it was their first time, ok they weren’t prepared for this, but come on lol its like 3rd time (since BFA at least) and this keeps happening.
Blizzard should own up its god damn responsibility with an official apology post and refund of game time for the days we wasted in this unfinished crap project… if they have any dignity left.

3 Likes

Been trying to buy a bag for 3 hours. Even though there is hundreds of them up. ITEM NOT FOUND. /rl. I hate the new ah.

2 Likes

even work orders are scuffed now, i see 12 patrons and keep saying “this order has been cancelled”. HELLO blizzard? are you affected with some sort of virus or something? why is it spreading to other aspects of game LOL

It is a mixture of issue’s. Ah bots r scamming/interacting with the cheap stuff faster than you can. The problem is that the interface picks the listings that you interact with & if someone (ah bot) is interating quicker than you, it fails & fails & fails.
This improved ah is the problem & they r not going to fix it without an overhaul & that is not going to be quick. or you no ban all the bots but that is never gonna happen either.