Auction House Lag

This is the exact problem really, the sold items are still being listed as available, I do some flipping here and there and this is ruining my market resales.

1 Like

Please communicate to tech support that purchased items are not being removed from the “available to purchase” list. This appears to be a primary issue. Because of this, the reselling of items becomes challenging. Even after items are sold, they continue to appear at lower prices, which nobody can actually buy, but this falsely skews perceived market values. Consequently, sellers continuously undercut each other’s prices based on misleading information.

This problem also affects those attempting to sell materials. Numerous listings are priced below the actual market value of an item because they reflect already sold items, though this is not indicated. As a result, sellers are forced to guess and select mid-range prices, hoping they reflect the current market value, which often isn’t the case.

This is not an issue specific to any server or time, it is a continuous problem happening everywhere, all the time.

I have an idea, in all seriousness.
Why don’t you guys just stop using someting that is broken until it is fixed? Is it really that hard to not touch it?

Yes, I do mean this seriously. Something is severly defective, so do not use it until it is fixed.
And keep in mind that coding issues sometimes just can not be fixed that easily and can take weeks to figure out.
Use your god damn brains instead of fueling the databank issue by forcefully trying to get stuff sold. That does not help anyone of you…

I just don’t get it…
Yes, it is frustrating that it broke, but things like this happen all the time with software.
One tries to do soemthing good and unintentionally breaks it instead. You think coders do this on purpous? Geez, get a grip community…fixing some broken code is frustrating enough for coders.

Blizzard should honestly really start closing theses flooded AH threads and tell people vie forums thread and maybe via ingame mail to stop using the AH until fixed.

It’s just mind-boggling how people just straight up refuse to help reducing an issue and instead just keep on fueling it…

oh look another bootlicker trying to silence people who expect a working product after paying full price and monthly for it.

3 Likes

I’ve quit GW2 because of their lazy methods when it comes down to fixing BROKEN things. And AH in this game is one of the FUNDAMENTALS.

You cannot even grab a few bags as a new player, so thanks for the white knight approach, but this is the stupidest thing I’ve read in all forums ever.

2 Likes

are you serious?

1 Like

what people are more annoyed by (if you actually took time to READ) is the fact that there are NO blue posts with updates.

1 Like

Why dont you just stop using your brain until it gets fixed brother. I guess some people just dont understand all aspects of this game connected to each other. Bro just tell us how can people buy profession gear , mats to improve their professions. Are you suggesting stop doing professions aswell? How casual players who enjoy doing small sales or little goblins trying to get token sell their commodities?

Unbelievable to see someone pushes keyboard that much only to say nothing. YIKES

Dreanor EU!
open AH = 4-5 sec.
items not found when u buyout.
AH search = 4-5 sec and not updatet

1 Like

Same problem here.

Draenor server.
Happens on most items and it keeps items in the list which are no longer present in the auction house. Tried to buy the first 20 items on the list and they are all giving me “item not found” error.

Also posting an item is hard as it takes data from items that are not present in the auction house and suggest the wrong prices.

It is completely unusable atm.

It was just a terrible architecture decision to put all region AH, instead finding other solutions, I don’t really know what the problem was. This database cannot process this many calls and it’s obvious already… The reason we are so pissed is, we paid for this experience, it’s that simple.

1 Like

How do you want to update on something you for yourself don’t even know what the heck is going on?
Post the same bloody line “Yeah we’re looking into it” for weks? Guess who’s gonna complain about that: The same peeople that complain about this silence.
They said once that there is something going on and trying to figure out what.

At this point apparently they can’t, correct.
If you car’s in the workshop you’ve gotta figure out a different way to get to your job, don’t ya?
It’s not okay THAT this happened, but they know by now how agitated the community is and all we can do now is friggin’ wait. Nothing of this crying and aggroing around is going to speed this up.

Complaining does not fix it faster, it just stresses you out eevn more. All of you guys know the AH is borked, this situation sucks hard, yes, but there is nothing you can do than just flippin’ wait.

Carrying on using it just effs it up even more…it’s simple as that.
That code can’t handle the new databank size. Carrying on stuffing things into the databank just keeps on crippling ther damn calculations.
Help the bloody system instead of making it worse. Try do UNDERSTAND what the heck is going on.
They found the problem and explained it AND told us what they are going to do to temporaly help calming this issue down until they are able to fix the code, so use these informations you demanded so much and now have been given.

so your idea is basically that people are to stay silent and shut up basically, to not at all demand answers and updates (even a small one) for a problem in a game we PAY for is that it? if that’s your point then i suggest you move to a communist state.

3 Likes

Who said that? No, of course not. When something gets messed up people should complian about it, of course.
When it gets acknowledged and information on what happend and that they are actively working on a solution then there is simply just no point in CONTINUING to complain about it.
Instead work PROACTIVELY to help dealing with the issue.

Proactive problem solving is ALWAYS better then keep complaining while people already are working on fixing it and told you what they’re doing and trying.

The situation is really tragic. I’m not even in the mood to level my main character. I play this game for 17 years and I have had times of disappointment, but i have never felt such frustration with how I’m being treated not only as a client but as a person as well. No indication of if and when this will get better or fixed or if it’s being worked on or nothing at all.

3 Likes

There has been…they communicated that they raised the size of the databank from a few tenthounsands to a few ten millions but the system can’t handle it, so they will add more hardware to compensate for this a bit on wednesday while they are actively working on fixing the code.

Colinas pardas EU has the same problem.

Got an auctioneer character that makes all the sales and it’s becoming really frustrating.

First I thought it was a Tradeskill master addon issue, but tried the game with no addons and the ah is just as unusable as before.

Every time I have to list the items I have for sale I spend more than two hours where it used to be a couple of minutes.

Hope is fixed soon.

Did i miss this post?

This has nothing to do with lag. The auction house UI on Proudmoore EU isn’t updating the whole day. None of my auctions is listed in the UI, but at least one of them got sold, so somebody on another server probably must be able to buy materials, which is absolutely unfair.
Sometimes I’m able to buy small stacks but the amount listed doesn’t change and the next try to buy results in item not found.

Probably, yes. There it is:

Edit: I do agree that it would have been a way better move to post this message in the forums, posting it on twitter was, well, at least something, but not good enough.