AV Backdoor exploit now common in the majority of games?

Hi Guys,

I ranked a couple of weeks ago around the time Blizzard removed the AV premades. During this time the backdoor strategy was often used by russians but rarely by other groups. This week I wanted to take the opportunity of the AV weekend and farm some rep on my alt. During my last around 20 games I see a lot and I mean a lot of people abusing the backdoor into the alliance base to take the towers (especially south bunker). I know during earlier times alliance premades were sending rouges to cap HUT towers. However, the problem I have with this exploit is that you can have a lot of non stealth classes taking towers and with the right teamcomp its almost impossible to recap the tower unless you send a massive amount of players back.

I wanna ask: is it now approved to use that “exploit”? Is Blizzard actually doing something against the people who are doing it? I mean by the sheer amount of people I see doing it, I feel like, some must have been striked for that.
It makes playing AV extremely difficult - As not only you have to defend SH GY and the bunkers but also have to constantly look for your base and send much needed reinforcement back. I feel like the Horde doesn’t have to deal with that very often

1 Like

It’s working as intended.
Just don’t play AV as alliance, it’s really that simple.

1 Like

It’s not an exploit. Both bases have a backdoor and it was part of every AV patch in Vanilla.

3 Likes

you not going to find a normal answer here mate… everyone gonna tell you its absolutely fine even when it isnt and try to reassure you that you are the idiot for even asking such question

5 Likes

im pretty sure you are wrong there

1 Like

Can you show anything at anytime in the history of this game where it has ever been confirmed to not be allowed to run up any hill in AV?

Both bases have a backdoor so it’s not an unfair advantage and it’s a hill you jump over that was part of all AV patches and versions and part of the original Vanilla experience.

There are no stupid questions, but expecting Blizzard to do something about any bugs / eploits is delusional.

the whole point of the “bases” is that you ahve to go throught choke point at the end, archers supporting your teams, just straight up ignoring those and backdooring is simply an exploit.

you say both sides can do it… i pretty much never seen ally do such tactic in classic or vanilla.

1 Like

Rogues and druids do it all the time to bypass the defence where you can defend the doorways. Alliance also bypass the doorways by running up the hill inside the Horde base.

That’s fine. Both bases have these “backdoors” and they was part of every patch of Vanilla retail.

It’s not that common to see on horde side as well. Basically it’s a strategy that is pretty much only used by 5man premades. Pugs are usually clueless and would rather farm kills around sh gy or ib gy forever.

by your logic also premades were fine as they could technically be achieved in Classic, or scouting or basically any bug that wasn’t fixed back in the day. I mean I am not arguing with you that it is obviously a terrain bug.

“Can you show anything at anytime in the history of this game where it has ever been confirmed to not be allowed to run up any hill in AV?”

I mean they punished people in WSG and AB for doing jump exploits. Yet still you can jump aroun in OG and SW as much as you want. If you look at the spot you clearly realise that it is not intended to move in to the base there.

“It’s not that common to see on horde side as well”

It is very uncommon and much harder to pull of as you have to jump into a specific direction and you cant reach the towers that easily (yet hut capping is easy but can be done also in the alliance base as most guards are located at the front).

1 Like

With the difference that the “backdoor” on horde base doesn’t let you skip 2 elites and a graveyard.

Yes when both faction could premade in AV like in Vanilla it was ok but in Classic for various reasons only one faction could premade and then it’s no longer ok.

I know. This is not allowed. Have anyone ever in the history of this game been punished for running up any hill in AV?

It’s more uncommon that on ally base for sure and a harder jump to do. What is not uncommon though is how Alliance bypass the doorway inside Horde base and run over the hill to left of the building. AV is so unbalanced and gives Alliance such a HUGE advantage in base layout that they don’t need to use backdoor as much. It’s so much easier to take the Horde base for Alliance.

Bottom line is this.

Both bases have a backdoor. They were part of every AV patch in Vanilla. You are not reaching a point you can’t reach with normal walking.

Blizzard have never punished anyone for using them or confirmed in any way that it’s not allowed. As far as I am concerned it’s hill that you can jump up or run around that is part of the authentic Vanilla experience.

If Blizzard close all backdoor trick jumps etc in all bgs I would be quiet and not complain. I’m not gonna ask for it though. But they are kinda silly.

They should either close them or confirm that it’s ok to use them so that we don’t get these threads over and over and over.

“AV is so unbalanced and gives Alliance such a HUGE advantage in base layout that they don’t need to use backdoor as much. It’s so much easier to take the Horde base for Alliance.”

yet the horde 99% win ratio while on any other bgs its 50-50 says otherwise

anyway i stop arguing now,

Enjoy your hour av que since ally cant be bothered to play where clearly they are in favor of winning.

The map may be unbalanced and favor horde but not even you can honestly believe that it’s THAT of a difference that one side with 99%?

Alliance are full of PvE players that only care about rep. They have instant queue and are not motivated to win, generally. They have a lot of more afk leechers.

Meanwhile Horde have long queue and are motivated. More Horde care about winning and getting as much honor as possible, generally.

There is your reason.

there are no hordes who cares about repu they only care about the blood of their enemies

if you believe that you win only because of motivation thats utter nonsense

you have to wait more in wsg or ab compared to ally yet your win rates are not that high.

1 Like

“Yes when both faction could premade in AV like in Vanilla it was ok but in Classic for various reasons only one faction could premade and then it’s no longer ok.”

Technically both sides have the possibility. It’s just the faction imbalance which is preventing it on Horde side. It is basically the same logic you have with the backdoor. In theory Alliance has also a backdoor but it is very very rarely used.

“I know. This is not allowed. Have anyone ever in the history of this game been punished for running up any hill in AV?”

I don’t know cause I didn’t play the game for several years but would argue that in the history of WoW people were trying to use the same logic you use (for other bugs), just to get teached otherwise.

“What is not uncommon though is how Alliance bypass the doorway inside Horde base and run over the hill to left of the building”

It is a skip around a small building with neglible impact. Actually you can ride through the building without getting dismounted and if you reach HUT the NPC of that building deaggro. I wouldn’t call that a “Huge advantage” especially compared to a pathing that skips a vast majority of Elite NPCs in the enemies base.

But anyways - You don’t seem to get my point. I am not arguing on a “quid pro quo” basis. Just because both side have it, doesn’t mean it should be in the game. Yes there is a backdoor for the Alliance aswell ? Should it be in the game? Absolutly not. And you also said it yourself: It is basically also a terrain bug there. You justify your abuse by pointing at the alliance and say “Yeah but these guys have it too”. I don’t think there is more to your arguments.

Well after playing both horde and Alliance in classic and varios private servers since 2015 I know it for a fact based on personal experience.

sure that grants you maybe 70% winrate not 99%.

People are using this argument in all kind of topics for adding a barber shop to adding a solo queue to WSG…

The AV queue system that Blizzard hotfixed has nothing to do with how you can jump over a hill. Stop talking about other unrelated things.

For your other comments, I have stated facts and also shared some opinions.