Baine and Proudmoore's Cinematic (spoilers)

That’s a terrible idea

1 Like

But still, people who chose Saurfang find themselves unable to tell Nathanos of Baine’s plot. It’s not really about whether or not Sylvanas trusts them so much as the player is physically unable to speak up about Baine.

Maybe I need to revisit my Saurfang is a Shadow Priest theory.

But they’ve made one choice really obscure. There are several people who supported Sylvanas who accidentally picked Saurfang without realising it and now those people can’t swap back to Sylvanas.

So are warfronts
Welcome to Blizzard Entertainment

Nobody said that they wouldn’t be trying to influence the decision making. Same with RL elections in some countries, where they make it vastly inconvenient for people to vote in regions with a strong support of the unwanted candidate.

Im one of them. o/

Edit: Made a ticket to solve this, with the response about some stupid toy and after offered me to level new alt… Having one Hordie is more then enough for me :confounded:

1 Like

No, determining the possible storyline based on a contentious decision is going to be bad for everyone.
Say you have a 51/49 split between Sylvanas and Saurfang, which way are you going to make the storyline go?
And if there are 4 total choices, you have 4 possible player bases, how exactly are you going to satisfy them all?
And still, even if there is a clear majority, it’s still going to leave a sizeable number of people disappointed.

1 Like

I want to see Sylvanas kill Saurfang and Baine for their treachery

1 Like

Exactly

Still… I have the feeling we might be trapped in some fart sniffing developer scheme here. I’m 100% sure that they are tracking what people are choosing and if they are analyzing these statistics, they might be influenced by it’s outcome.

The perfect solution would obviously be, to let such choices have different outcomes for the people making them. However, I’m not seeing it. It doesn’t really matter if Aeula chooses Sylvanas every time. In the end they will have the exact same outcome as bainelover23.

5 Likes

One way, and the most likely way is to resolve such an issue, is to give the illusion of choice: the overall narrative is unchanged at the end, just with some variants in how it reaches the end.

You have not proven this.

This sentence’s grammar is too poor to have any meaning.

I have not insulted you. You claimed Burning Teldrassil was Sylvanas contigency plan, I pointed out that it was not, and you dismissed that as an “opinion”. I engaged you honestly, and Your respond with such dishonest claims. That is an insult to me, and you have yet to apologize. Stop being so fragile and self-righteous and Accept responsibility for Your claims.

See, again With the dishonesty. I already disproved this claim. Why are you restating it? Sylvanas could jsut as easily have killed Malfurion. She did not inform Saurfang of the importance of Malfurion’s Death. She did not predict his mindset. She did not plan for his survival. Her fault.

How about not being seeing Sylvanas’ dumb excuses as facts? You claimed she planned to burn down Teldrassil in case Malfurion survived. How about posting a citation of her planning that instead of citations that have nothing to do With that topic?

She is lying. Teldrassil was always the goal. Damaging the Alliance was an intended after-effect from taking Teldrassil, that was the plan all along. She invented some new way to damage the Alliance, not caring about the consequences, because she did not think ahead. She is just making excuses for her failures, and you are sucking it up without thinking about her claims critically. And even if that were true, it in no way proves she planned to burn Teldrassil from the start if Malfurion survived.

No it was not. I have already proven to you why it was dumb. If all you can do is reiterate already disproven points, then you have lost the argument.

No, it was due to Sylvanas not planning Ahead.

You were the one who made the claim, not me.

Baine as Warchief! And let there be eternal peace between Alliance and Horde.

“I hate writing this sorry guys because I truly feel sorry for you, boohoo, can you see my crocodile tears!”

It’s quite funny how you’re still trying after all this time. The inconsistencies you attempt at each turn is simply laughable.

You should try being more like Northgrave. At least he tries to be sensible with his hate.

Honestly. This story was bad from when we were sold to the fact that Sylvie watching the tree burn with a surprised pose as a highlight piece only to be shown that, it was the obvious all along pretty much destroyed the story.

Some would say since the huge stealth cloak of the Horde’s army through Barrens and Ashenvale, but that’s what broke it for me.

6 Likes

How is that even possible, if some people want Baine to be Warchief and other want him in their burger?

That would probably be an option with completely irrelevant stuff like the ones the Alliance get: Choice of Ship name or what cereal Anduin should eat.

1 Like

Quite a few games give the illusion of choice, but no real choice.

Possible example: Baine dies by Sylvanas’s hands, whether you help him or not.
Another one: No new warchief after Sylvanas is deposed/killed/ w/e

1 Like

Ok let’s hope for the best then.
I’m not quite convinced, since I’m used to being let down by Blizz when it comes to faction war stories.

It’s quite a bad option to develop, but… If it works, it works. In this scenario, anything to get the story moving may/will satisfy people who just wants it -done-.

I’m as Horde main as any, and i’ve gone with the super obvious path (Baine/Saurfang) from the very start simply because I understand their case better and Sylvanas does not sit well with me.

HOWEVER.

This does not mean I want those that enjoy Sylvanas out the picture (Unlike some who wish Baine’s supporters the opposite…). And illusion of choice is a way to do this.

It would be nice though to see if Blizzard would be mechanically ballsy once again. I remember the Scourge Plague event. Not seen something of that scale or competition in a while that affected players.

Facepalm Are you playing with me ? Words Stupid and Dumb is a judgement of action and giving opinion, just like “smart” and “clever”. I am not asking you about your personal opinion, I am asking you to tell me why did Sylvanas let Saurfang take the kill in His own war. Was not he the commander of forces?

I gave you my reasons, you just call it dumb with no explanation whatsoever.

I like the new tactics. :wink:

Tell me where you saw dishonest and unsupported fact that I am currently upholding against you.

Again, wrong. You disregarded that fact with your opinions. Show me this from source and I will agree with you.

Are you even reading what I just quoted for you from Good War? It was his plan, he knew EVERYTHING Sylvanas intended. He was aware of whole thing from get go.

Listen if you want to disregard my opinions thats fine and dandy, but cant just shake off what is written in the books, just because you want it that way.

She assigned him as commander of this war, telling him that Horde would not trust her with Honorable victory (thats where she lied to him, because she’s Sylvanas and took the responsibility from herself).

Not important, as Darnassus was not the actual plan, the plan was

I quote for 4th time …

AND Burning of Teldressil was A WOUND THAT NEVER HEALS see the connection?

Quote where I said that.

It has everything to do with the fact, you are just missing the point.

All hail to great Sereluna, the greatest mind reader of all time, she will even read the minds of fictional characters.

I cant even… What about Saurfang agreeing with her? And confessing to himself that it was the plan all along and he failed to deliver it. Maybe he is lying to himself or Dark Lady is mind controlling him ?

??

OH GOD have mercy! I give up here.

1 Like

I loved the cinematic.

Blaine did what was right and Jaina understood that, not everyone on the Horde supports Sylvanas.

Not only that, but we got a explanation, of why none did anything so far.
Even Jaina understood, this will probably cost Baine dearly, maybe even his life.

Also there’s something I have been thinking lately:

The Horde may be most played side, for now, but that comes with a price.

The price is the faction identity.

When I started playing the Horde we had Thrall, Vol’Jin, Cairne and Sylvanas.
But those 3 were conviniently removed from the game and now we have Sylvanas as Warchief.

This isn’t the Horde anymore, it’s the Undead faction from Warcraft 3.

In my opinion: they tried to sell the “Modern Horde” as this cool faction, where monstrous races play alongside pretty races.
Sylvanas as a cool undead character, that uses “pragmatism” instead of “silly Honor”.

But than the narrative of " evil never wins" kicks in. After all this is a +12 game, we can’t teach kids bad things can’t we ?

When I see the Horde community, I don’t see a organic form, but rather a collective of different parts, made so this “huge” faction could be presented.

Some people like me play for the “Honourable Horde”, others because they like a warmongering faction, others because of Sylvanas, Forsaken and Blood Elfs, others because of Method and all the raiding/ PVP guilds that are on the Horde, because Horde racials are better.

My opinion, the obsession for faction balance will uterly destroy the Horde from inside.
If the majority of people like pretty races and Alliance fantasy settings, let them play what they want.

As a Horde player I am sick of seeing my faction identity butchered for the sake of balance and because one side needs to be lawful good and the other his “nemesis”.

People say they want this expansion to be over.
I was ready to buy a new expansion, since I saw the first cinematic: Battle of Lordaeron.

This is just my opinion.
Cheers.

2 Likes

i want to see Sylvanas Saurfang and Baine threw over the edge of outland then i don’t have to see on any of them anymore

1 Like

Disagree, the story failed from the get go because it was the Horde that were again put into the agressors role after Legion.
It should’ve been the other way around, if Blizzard was serious about “Morally grey”, instead of plain Black vs White as we have now, despite Baine and Saurfang,two characters that were made to be more and more dislikable and are ultimately victims of this narrative…just like Sylvanas herself.

It all stems from one big black hole - Anduin Wrynn / the rest of the Alliance cast Having to be the one dimensional white knights, that do no wrong.
Everything suffers from that, you cannot write a War story with any nuances or actual plottwists in wich both sides can empathise with their own in a Black vs White setting.
You’d think a bunch of professional writers would get that atleast.

1 Like

I do think they should have opened up choices regardless of what you picked with Saurfang but only if there are actual consequences of being a bipolar opportunist with no real loyalty to either side.

It was nice but so many players complained about it that I doubt it will ever happen again.