Ban repeat dungeon leavers(temp ban not perma)

I agree that your terminology is a little overboard. It’s not harmful or toxic. It’s annoying and inconvenient.

Yes it’s selfish for people to just care about getting their upgrade and leaving because they want to do something else. It will be interesting to see if this behaviour carries over into M0.

1 Like

Where do you draw the line?

People doing half the damage their gear allows them to ruins dungeons for me. Tanks pulling 1-2 groups at a time wastes my time. People not interrupting or stunning stresses the healer unnecessarily. And so on. Lots of example where behaviors ruin the experience for others, and none of them are actionable.

Leaving in random dungeons is a non-issue. You wait a minute or two and get replacements since you get put first into the queue. Last night at 3am EVERYONE left after the second boss in Stonevault, and I was the sole player left. Two minutes later I had a full group.

Yes, it’s inconvenient and maybe rude, but honestly it doesn’t matter and you get excited over nothing. You can’t control other people. Stop trying to force them to do what you want, it’s futile and only exhausts you.

Play with friends if you want to have some better “control” over the experience.

1 Like

If they carry on with the daily-lockout system for Mythics as they did during beta, it’s guaranteed to happen.

2 Likes

Simply give all the loot at the end of the dungeon m + style. Then they won’t leave until the end, simple.

Alternatively, if a person leaves early, they gain a debuff barring them from gaining any further dungeon loot across their warband for the rest of the day.

1 Like

Which in turn is frustrating if you are queueing for the dungeons and find you start AFTER the boss you wanted, even if you intended to do the full run yourself.

2 Likes

This is basically the core of everything. You can’t force players to do something they don’t want to. And if you punish them, it’ll just create more toxicity.

People play every game in the way that’s most efficient for them. It’s the dev’s job to make sure this is the most immersive, engaging, and doesn’t disrupt other people’s game experience.

Then the simplest answer is to hold all the loot until the last boss dies. Not unlike mythic plus, but with the same drop rates as the dungeon they queued for.

1 Like

Ok. This would require tracking how many bosses everyone has killed (in case someone only joined for the last boss for example).
I can’t think of any serious downsides to this off the top of my head, but I’m sure others can.

How in a random looking for group dungeon? Are you asking us not to partake in that at all? If yes…what the hell? That is not a fix, that is asking us to not use a game function we want to use.

1 Like

Made up in your head, this works well in other mmorpg’s who have implemented actual punishment for early dungeon leavers. Your argument is moot.

People who feel they’re locked together because of punishment breed toxicity and start sabotaging each other. This isn’t a theory but fact I’ve seen in games with such systems.

I have yet to see this in those games that implement it and they have had that system for years. The most you get is an enraged outcry on the forum about the ‘injustice’ of having their crappy behavior punished and are then laughed out of said forum for their troubles.

Again, just because you think you know what is going to happen doesn’t mean it will actually happen. It won’t and there is proof.

Allow me to demonstrate. If this forum would punish me for leaving this thread, I’d continue this pointless conversation with deluded arguments.

Instead, I can just do this.

Aren’t leavers timed out of dungeons for a portion of time? Or is that timer erased after you kill the first boss?

You don’t have to queue in LFD alone. Just saying…

I see who you are. I can do this, too.

Do people not realise that m0 is coming in a few days and you can farm it daily? Why is anyone running dozens of Ara-Karas for the trinket when it’ll be replaced next week in equally unchallenging content?

The entire point of the systems implementation was for us solo players to find groups swiftly and easily though. It’s the only system we have to get into a dungeon without needing to interact with other’s for a quick round of dopamine rush. Press a button, wait a lil and there you go, no interaction needed when you don’t feel like asking guild/others.

We are. You however said it yourself, it’s not here yet, so the issue is present and until outdated it’s worth arguing/discussing this.

I spent at least two hours yesterday in dungeon CD’s on various characers because people left.

I have an army of healers that i rotate through. I have them for profs but also for this so i can stil gear up alts.

We went through this in BfA when it was released and in SL when it was released.

Did blizzard learn? Not really

If i was only playing one single character then i would be pretty upset at the amount of CD TIME i would have to spend as a reesult of somebody else.