Bastion sounds more like hell than the maw

The only good thing about is that we were told that there are countless afterlives in the Shadowlands, so maybe there’s an afterlife for each race after all.

Because if this is what the afterlife is for everyone, then boy, either join the lightforged or the Ebon Blade.

As if ruining one of the last remaining mysteries this franchise had isn’t bad enough. This has the potential to utterly ruin the franchise itself.

2 Likes

I really hope they add a bit of throwaway lore confirming that. Otherwise we lose a lot of older lore such as going to the light, the ancestors or earth mother.

2 Likes

If they dont do that, then the story/lore can go screw itself. Going to just play for phat lewt and giggles.

I’m not really sure what confirmation you are missing. The devs clearly stated that the 4 covenants aren’t all there is, and areas like the Halls of Valor and the Bwonsamdi’s realm dungeon already prove it’s true.

2 Likes

I just want to know where the Tauren go.

i would guess to the fae? it makes the most sense

1 Like

…first you complain that they are ruining the mysteries of afterlife, then you complain that they aren’t ruining the mysteries of the afterlife you care about? :thinking:

Sorry, I don’t really understand you here.

2 Likes

Doubt it. If there are countless other realms and afterlives in the Shadowlands, then there must be one for the Tauren as well.

i would assume high mountain tauren would at least due to their pact with cenarius or was it cenarius it was one of those deer guys thats all i know i didn’t really pay attention to the high mountain storyline :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s simple. If they’re going to destroy all the mystery, then the least they could do is tell us (not show) that there’s an afterlife for each race. I don’t see what’s so hard to understand here.

I’d rather not have them open this Pandora’s box and then leave the hope trapped inside.

1 Like

…they aren’t, though. Else you would know what happens with each race. That’s mystery that is still left. That’s what I don’t understand. You argue for more demystifying, while complaying about demystifying.

If you like keeping what is in there in Pandora’s box, why does that change after a bit of the stuff in there escaped? “Oh well, after the common cold is out, keeping smallpox in there really isn’t okay!”

1 Like

Because right now we don’t know if the other afterlives are as bad as the ones we are going to.

Yes. That’s a mystery that is left. I would think that’s a GOOD thing, if you don’t like them demystifying death.

1 Like

What’s the big deal about just telling us that each race has their own afterlife? That’s hardly demystifying.

1 Like

…of course it is. Knowing that the happy hunting grounds your Tauren wishes for are out there, takes out the mystery of the question, if they are, if he is living a lie, and if it is possible for him to get there. Will you be rewarded in death? Punished? Changed to fit other ideas? Serve or rule? Is your religious believe about the afterlife in any way true? All of that is still pretty open now. Just giving every group (not just races) something they can be certain of, would take a lot of the mystery out for me.

There is no afterlife in the Shadowlands addon that seems tailored to gnomes. And I am VERY happy about that, because that means I know about as much about my characters’ afterlife as before: Nothing, really.

1 Like

Let’s just agree to disagree then.

1 Like

Not a single covenant is purely evil or purely good, it’s been stated to be the case. They are in desperate times though…

1 Like

Well, this reminds me to someones idea that the shadowlands had been orinigally ordered by the titans, and that they ar enot purely good, and that the jailer only tries to restore the original order?

1 Like

You go to a specific realm all after how you lived.
not for what race you are though.

and, obviously none of the after lives are supposed to be a heaven or hell.
except maybe the Maw.
Will be interesting to see where they go with this.

Interesting premise, but I wouldn’t know. We shall see, I suppose.