BC ought to release in April or it won't be a true experience

Classic WoW Naxx patch was released on August 22, 2006.

BC got released on January 16, 2007.

Total time to gap lasted: 4 months, 25 days.

When WoW Classic relaunched, Naxx was released on December 1.

Thus, BC ought to be released on April 25th-26th.

As of March 3rd, BC classic isn’t even in alpha state…

If Blizzard fails to meet the deadline, it won’t be the same experience.

1 Like

Whatever but it wont be the same experience.

The only reason to make it release soon is because of Shadowlands players’ drop… which is happening xD

Not surprising. I just wrapped Renown 38. Next week I am Renown 40 and done with the content.

I think chains of domination is due first and tbc will be out probs end of summer holidays (cus I don’t remember the last time blizz released something in the summer holidays)

It won’t be the same experience either way and neither was Classic. TBC beta isn’t even up yet, expecting a release within 2 months is extremely naive. Try set your expectations to the autumn time or late summer at earliest.

And actually a big issue with Naxx was it existed for too short a period, same thing happened with Sunwell, in both cases they released what was by far the most challenging raid to date while the majority of players were still progressing previous tiers, and then they released a new expansion.

That was a mistake, and it’s the reason why Naxx was brought back for WOTLK.

Didn’t we agree that Classic shouldn’t improve what was considered a flaw at the time and instead should rather emulate what it was before, good or bad?

BC can wait if we get Diablo 2 resurrected first :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vanilla Naxx progress can hardly be compared to Classic Naxx progress…

I will quit playing classic if they give an new expansion… Is the same as retail, just dying slowly but still dying…

I feel like you’ve missed the point but ok, it is what is.

Classic will advance into TBC, but you have the option to stay on a forever phase 6 classic server.

You’re expecting the same experience as TBC? - It won’t be happening.
Either way, TBC won’t be releasing in April… maybe the beta will though.

I have a feeling we’ll see TBC at (nearly) the same time as 9.1, with the betas probably coming in close succession, so my money is on late August or even September (would massively boost their final quarter numbers).

I’m fine with that, just returned a month ago, after giving SL a chance and have found myself a nice relaxed guild that’s still progressing Naxx, having rerolled mains.

Also, Blizz laid off a lot of staff, yet are currently working on quite a few projects while being visited by Mr Corona. Expecting things to move fast right now is just wishful thinking.

When did Blizzard ever claim they would release phases, little less expansions, in a way that mimics original release?
Not like Beta is a thing for fun like a demo or trial, its there to find possible bugs and things that arent working. Depending on their amount and character we’ll get a release date - its not a time gate.

Seeing that Classic Era is a thing, it seems to me Blizzard arent in a hurry. Not like people wont play either way whenever TBC is released within 2021.

No matter your angle, it wont be anyway.

It will not release in april.

Then it’s an epic failure from Blizzard’s side. They had quite a lot of time to prepare for the expansion. The same applies for the next Shadowlands patch as we’re hitting renown 40 soon.

Define failure, no matter how long they take to release it, it will be a success as there’s probably even more people waiting for the release of TBC than there were for Classic. It’s also comparatively a very small investment from Blizzard to make it, so it won’t take much to make it a financial success too.

I just don’t think it’s realistic to think they’re going to pump it out in the frame of less than 2 months, though. They are making changes over the original TBC and I am happy they are. Why not correct mistakes of history and make the game even better the second time round (well, probably not in everybody’s eyes)? This does however mean it will likely have to go through a full beta cycle to make sure there changes don’t have a domino effect and work as intended. So best case, assuming they release the beta this month, June. Worst case, September (usual 3-6 month beta cycle).

#NoChanges

Yes, #nochanges worked so well for Classic :roll_eyes:

Changes are a necessity with the ‘modern’ backend TBC will run on, combined with the 10k+ player servers. Changes are a must, they just need to be implemented in a way to mimic the feeling of original TBC. Taking too long to abandon the #nochanges manifesto and then initially doing a poor job at implementing changes is IMO probably Classic’s biggest failure.