Best melee for playing solo?

Hello!

Im playing as alliance right now but I want to switch to horde mainly because I like them more and I’ve always been a true horde fanboy.

At first I thought about leveling a hunter but when I logged in I wanted to play a melee for some reason.

I think warrior would be cool but are they good when you plane alone?

Right know my friends are playing 8.3 and I want to take a break from bfa cuz I find classic more entertaining for me.

So… are warrior good if I play alone?
I know that they aren’t good levelers and it will probably be a pain to level them alone but when I hit 60 and get some gear will it be worth it?

Can I play pvp and wpvp without a healer and still be a god?

Do you guys think it will be fun to play as a warrior by my self?

Please shar eyour thought and what you would have done.

Thanks!

How about a feral druid? Easy leveling, can heal and you don’t need to worry so much about mana, can tank if you want to do a dungeon aswel? And I find they are pretty fun!

Can’t personally speak about leveling a warr as I’ve not done it in classic but from what I’ve heard it can be tough and long.

1 Like

I agree with Attenborough, Feral druid are a very nice choice if you want a very flexible class for solo leveling. As close as you can get to hunter/warlock levels of solo ability.

3 Likes

Ask yourself what you wanna be doing at 60, the leveling will be over at some point but if you’re stuck with something you don’t wanna play at 60, what’s the point?
It’s true that warriors have a hard time leveling, however once you get to 60 and more importantly once you gear up some warriors become pretty damn strong.

warrior is absolutely fine while lvling especially if you take it slower and keep your gear and stuff updated and dont run from orange mobs to orange mobs.

and the perk of instant group for dungeon because you can just tank anything in dps gear/specc is amazing.

1 Like

I’ve levelled a warrior and rogue so far. Neither of them is difficult but as warrior I’ve used way more food and bandages.

Rogue was also a LOT faster to level and you can solo hard quests which a warrior would struggle with. It’s also really nice to stealth past loads of mobs to get to the “boss” of the quest. Straight in, straight out.

I’ve level a feral Druid and ench shaman previously. Druid is good past 20 when you get cat form. You’ll start to level so much easier and quicker. Bear, travel form and heals are also great features.

As for ench shaman… boring. Just auto attack and pray for windfury. At least you have heals and totems to make it slightly interesting.

2 Likes

Well, agreed. Enh shaman is a uphill battle against boredom until you get to lvl 30 and get WF, then it becomes a little exciting to get those nice procs, so the hill smoothens.

I will admit though that chain heal is one of my favourite spells in the game. Looks good, sounds good, heals good.

why play an mmo if u are gonna play alone? bgs & raids are the only real content in classic, warriors are the best pve class, they do bring mainly utility through mortal strike for example in group pvp.

I read that as “manly utility” haha.

Warrior is hard for levelling, but very rewarding at 60 (unless you play it as a tank in dungeons, then it’s very rewarding all the time). In order to be self-sufficient, however, I would choose an enhance shamy, tbh. You have every tool at your disposal, you just won’t be the best. :slight_smile:

Play rogue, king of soloing open world.

still boring, just more attacks :smiley:

Dungeon tanking sucks as a warrior, it’s neither fun nor rewarding. 90% of the time you run after random mobs which got aggro’d by one of your lovely DPS whose one and only mission is to be first in the damage meter.

3 Likes

Sure, but that’s not what I meant. You always find dungeons, you always get gear, you are the most important person in the party. And you can always let the misbehaving dps die! :smiley:

I would go Feral. Warrior in PvP groups is not that fun without a healer behind you. As a Druid have options for both melee, tank or healer.

Warriors are good when you play alone, you just need to make sure you’re regularly upgrading your weapon.
Second point, never be shy to wear leather or mail even after level40 if those have better stats.

Well, depends on how you see it. The few moments you literally walk up to a mob and one shot it covers up the times your WF forgets how to proc.

You shouldn’t be using WF while leveling, Rockbitter is way more consistent and make your life way less miserable (plus you get it right off the bat).

You also have Shocks and Lightning Shield.

Then obviously Strength of Earth totem is crazy good melee buff and you can just negate a lot of annoying mobs by having an interrupt with 6 sec CD or getting AoE 50% slow at level 8.

Only gribe I have about Enhancement is lack of instant Ghost Wolf and cost of Healing Wave. Both are amazing, but 3 sec Ghost Wolf feels like an eternity and whenever you get a new Healing Wave rank it costs like 1/3 of your mana pool.

I find the Flurry procs help too also, you do class quests. If you just auto attack with a shaman then quit playing one. Just remember people will say get agility, but strength is more important to begin with and get the best DPS weapon you can, any 2 hander will do, even a staff.