BIS Weapon for Ret pala in p6

I know the - stam makes it look bad It’s a good weapon for paladins though it’s really hard hitting slow and the proc does decent damage if it scales with spell power it will hit like a truck and if use seal of righteousness it has 2x to proc per swing. I think it would be good for PvP burst is it better than might if menthil probably not.

1 Like

Except that Neretzek, The Blood Drinker (2H axe from AQ40 with lifestealing proc) does not scale with spellpower. Same with Shard of the Fallen Star.
Both of these items scaled in vanilla and was nerfed (killed) in TBC.
I have both of those items, and they hit for the base proc damage no matter how high my spellpower is.

I am currently writing daily bug reports in-game to hopefully annoy the everliving shįt out of classic devs so they can fix this mess they made.

3 Likes

Unfortunately the ingame bug report will do nothing if not getting a preformatted reply from a Gm that tells you to report the bug on the appropriate forums.

In the Classic WoW reddit there was a post in which a GM wrote that they’d had been told form the Devs not to give any in-game help what-so-ever. Unless this gets big into US forums and ppl start to cry a lot about it we won’t see it fixed.

cAsh and fly into LH and get owned by the NPC’s loool

Ash is Ret BiS … Warr all Fury …

What if we start submitting bugs through retail instead? They’ll at least open and read the ticket ey.

Proc doesn’t scale with spell power, see the 2h axe from AQ40 for reference.

Shadowstrike’s life steal proc scales 100%
Ancient Hakkari Manslayer’s life steal proc scales 100%
Wraith Scythe’s life steal proc scales 100%
Skullflame Shield’s life steal proc scales 100%
Demon Forged Breastplate’s life steal proc scales 100% over the 4 second duration.

Drain Life procs scale 100%
Blizzard just forgot some items (or intentionally left it that way) to once again f*ck over Paladins, the only ones actually benefitting from this.

3 Likes

I’ll go tell her that.

From what I’ve heard Demon Forged scales 0.4 spellpower
Do you have any source?

@punkpally it scalles 100% on the overall dmg, so if u have 200 spell power it will do 200 dmg more total, not 200 dmg per tick more

u r wrong…

nico my man

I stand corrected. I just went out and tested my life stealing items.
Shadowstrike has 100% scaling.
Ancient Hakkari Manslayer has 100% scaling.
Skullflame Shield has 100% scaling.
Demon Forged Breastplate has 40% scaling over 4 sec, 10% scaling per. tick.

Neretzek, The Blood Drinker has 0% scaling.

The weird thing is that all of these procs share the same spell proc, with only the base numbers being different
spell=18817/drain-life (spell=18815/drain-life, this spell procs 18817)
spell=16414/drain-life
spell=24585/drain-life
spell=26693/drain-life
spell=29155/drain-life

1 Like

Wealth or good RNG on drops?

Paladins and Shamans don’t have weapon specialization talents so they will want to go for the one with the pure higest DPS, which is Might of Menethil.

In PvP, Warriors may favour Dark Edge of Insanity or Corrupted Ashbringer (depends how the proc works, remains to be seen). Mace Specialization is kind of mediocre. But many will still prefer MoM.

If anything is Warriors that wouldn’t want to look for the Ashbringer since the lifesteal isn’t that great baseline. Maybe only humans if they want to make use of the sword spec but the difference in damage with MoM is so huge that any sane Warrior will spec for that.

Paladins on the other hand could make use of the Ashbringer because the proc scaled with Spell Damage, especially human ones that had the skill in swords. Shamans can’t wield swords for good so they either find a good axe or get MoM.

1 Like

Good luck, there are no game designers on Blizz Classic team.

1 Like

Pvp definetly mom, just cant pass up that much stamina.
Pve idk just flop araund with whatever really.

Oh thats sweet coming from a hunter lol!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.