Black Lotus and WSG Adjustments Incoming

The original situation of gathering nodes in Classic was further away from Vanilla.
The megaservers of Classic are 5x the population of Vanilla servers; while Black Lotus numbers were the same. So in effect - per player - you could say black Lotus is 5x rarer in Classic than in vanilla. How is that blizzlike?

If you are going to have population that’s way larger than it should be, then gathering should be tuned up to the same effect.

Its also worth saying that - like Vanilla - this is a ‘live’ game and blizzard will intervene and make changes, where something happens that they dont feel is right. These kind of hotfixes happened in vanilla, they have happened during the entirety of WoW’s history.

No it wont work that way. The lotus supply will not increase very much. Only a little. The difference will be that ppl wont be able to AFK farm it with an account they shared while their friend was at work.

Lotus will spawn more often but will be more difficult to find. This means that they will still come out of each zone at a rate of about 1 per hour.

I’d find your example fitting if Blizz had put BL on a vendor for a fixed price or anything. All Blizz did was breaking the “loophole” that allowed the monopoly to take place (i.e. the small number of spawn nodes).

But feel free to lull yourself in this fantasy of yours, while the rest of us enjoy the game as it is.

The lotus supply per se won’t increase, but the amount reaching the AH probably will, which will keep prices from escalating quite as much.

I mean, nobody in their right mind would feel bad for the AFK farmers except the AFK farmers themselves.

Brutum, I completely agree with you. Peoples reasoning behind this change is so stupid. I would understand if flask were required to get past ragnaros, but I mean this whine is about people killing ragnaros in 40 secs instead of 47.

This change would make sense IF only the spawn locations were increased so people could not camp/bot/ etc, also the ghost scouting thing is good change. The only bad thing is increasing the spawn rates, because its to late for that people used this as a way to make gold and stock up for aq and naxx for almost a year. Alot of people are very pissed by this. If the spawn rates will double or tripple they should at very least compensate all the people that have farmed and saved black lotuses with the same amount.

That wasn’t Zalanji’s argument, however. The argument at hand was that it was ‘too expensive’.

I’m all for increasing the spawn rate to make the BL to player ratio more Vanilla-like, but I get the feeling it’s now gonna be higher than what it was back then. I also feel like the reason behind this change was more to satisfy the whiners, than it was to bring balance to the world. The motive is crucial here, though I guess we won’t get a definitive answer to this one.

1 Like

That sounds pretty ironic, coming from the ones who have been profiting from these people “killing ragnaros in 40 secs instead of 47”

We both know that is not the only thing they did. I would be happy if they stopped on that, excluding botters from the market yet still leaving lotus as something special and non-ordinary

Zalanji, whats your actual point? I think everyone is profiting mostly because other players power are increasing? My point is that if some people really wants to kill a boss 5 seconds faster, then they also want to put in the time required to farm the gold or consumables needed. If I provide a lotus for those people, and make my gold that way instead of leveling a mage or whatever other farming method there is, is that wrong?

Honestly I think 90% of raiding players don’t care… they are happily clearing content without flasks.

I think the motive behind this change is to take action against botters and market manipulation.

Can we please make all world buffs undispellable too? Or just give us an easier way to get into raids full stop? That would be real quality of life.

If it were against botters only, they would only increase the spawns locations not extra lotuses. This is a not needed change that only happend because of the whine from alot of players that didnt want to do what it takes to get their lotus. If I could farm 150+ on a megaserver alone, one account. I am a perfect proof that it is very possible to get it if you want. And all the other farmers on mograine are mostly solo / some players come in guilds. It was like a game within the game, wich will be completly gone now.

1 Like

Could be, it’s not like I particularly care whether people run flasks or not. What bothers me is people demanding from Blizz they make classic more un-vanilla-like just because of their laziness, or feeling of entitlement to something absolutely unnecessary.

I’m all for taking action against botters, but increasing the spawn rate does little in a fight against that, and is a bad way of going about it imho.

1 Like

Do you think it is really “laziness” that prevents people from spending hundreds of gold on one consumable item? No, it’s players who are unfairly manipulating the economy and taking advantage of faults in the game.

Also this absolutely targets botters, not sure if you read the full thing, but it says that you are no longer able to see herbs when dead. This will be VERY effective against many bots.

1 Like

It was really moving to read your little story :cry:

If only BL could spawn on WPL…

I mean, BL is still available through the AH. All you need is gold. Unless a player is physically incapable of making gold, laziness is the only thing preventing them from getting their hands on one. Whether or not an item is worth its price is entirely subjective.

Not seeing herbs when dead and new spawn locations? Absolutely. Increasing the number of one particular item? Not the right way of going about it as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like

Dispellers are worse. CHANGE NOW BLIZZARD.

There’s a thin line between bots and no-lifers.

5 Likes

And it begins. You give them a finger and they take your hand.

Go back to retail!

3 Likes