Blizz can never get our Tier set right

This is your Answer on one of my post about state of warrior talent trees. Back in January before changes to Onslaugh and Ravager.

While sure you are saying that you would love to see buff on OF at end you simply fell to your old way of thinking “Its fine” or “It is what it is, no changes needed”.

And see no changes happened, you do not seem to think that is good tho why, it was what it was right? It was not fine, it did not have right to be “what it is” it needed to change, because it lead to this exact issues we have now, and we are repeating conversation we had in January.

While yeah sure, you were “for” OF changes, you always tried to justify why changes actually should not happen, that being our already strong constant damage or Ravager being good, because Garosh Forgive we actually have a good interesting choice between good talents.

It does not, “data” needs to be complete, you can not pick area where you see fury warrior and say “see we are fine” you need a good enough sample size over longer time period to actually make assessment on the situation.

Here is where we stand.

Warrior started Dragonflight as one of the most popular classes, with over 700 000 logged warrior players in the first season in M+ dungeons, only druids were more popular than Warriors in season 1.

We fell sharply in popularity in season 2 and we are even less popular in season 3.

This means multiple things.

1. Something attracted players to play warriors, but seemingly nothing kept them there for more then one season(and I think you already know what I am going to blame for this)

2. Other classes that got more broad gameplay changes and talent refinements rose in popularity compared to the classes that got no changes.

3. Most of the classes actually tend to keep their relative popularity for long time, actually only exception seems to be warrior. Even monks and Warlocks kept their popularity in levels they began Expansion with.

Now this is my reasoning for this occurrence.

In season one Warrior talent tree was actually fine compared to other specs or lets say best of the bad talent trees, warrior had above average damage, and our tank was considered the best tank because of that damage, going into keys was easy, we were desirable, many people kept playing warrior to the end of the season.

Going into season 2, it became obvious that something was off with warriors, our tank dropped sharply in popularity after very serious damage nerfs, our 2 dps specs had a hard time joining keys, there was more and more conversation on forum about lack of warrior utility and seemingly a lot of people being frustrated that they are not getting invited into keys.

These conversations started to be more common in Incorporeal and Afflicted weeks.

This for me indicated that the moment we comparably lost that factor of having very good damage, that is a moment warrior was not desirable anymore because lets face it we have NOTHING else to bring that was important in last season.

Season 3 will probably be even worse.

And this comes back to what I was speaking about before, the moment our damage is not TOP, that is the moment warrior is undesirable. This means that we are hugely affected by unavoidable seasonal changes in damage, and the only way to prevent this is to keep warriors on constant top of damage meters, as DPS and our Tank as best tank damage dealer.

So we can’t be high mid, mid-on damage meters we need to be at the absolute TOP of it, because we are the class that lacks in utility the most.

To avoid this in the future, and to avoid warrior players being hugely affected by this consistently inconsistent damage balancing that was the case for 20 years, we need more defined role in group.

Since for the reason I stated before, the role of a simple damage dealer does not work in today’s balancing environment because classes that have more utility actually tend to have more damage recently good example Rogue, Demon Hunter, Hunter, or they are equal as us like Paladins, we need a utility that is going to define our class, so we can stop worrying about damage tuning every patch.

Warrior in raid is middle of the pack, yet I do not see forums complains about state of the Warriors in raid only in M+. Do you know why? Because we actually have utility that is hugely beneficial to raid groups we have our place DEFINED, some people consider Rallying Cry one of the best utilities you can bring in raid, and we are going to find a place no matter what, even multiple warriors is not a bad idea.

The situation is complete opposite in M+, that is why I think you misunderstand the argument here. We do not want utility to be the best, we want utility so we can avoid this paradox of needing to be, the best damage dealer in the game, to actually feel like we are useful in party of 5.

Utility is what defines class, its place in the group, not damage, because as we saw damage is changeable, we will never constantly be on top. And your argument that you want outliers nerfed is sound, but same as last season, it’s not going to happen fast enough nor will it happen to such a strong extreme for warriors to jump from middle to the absolute top.

So in my opinion, and this is end of this conversation, its much healthier to give warriors one or to more utility options that are defining enough and can fill specific niches in 5 man dungeons because this stays thought seasons and expansions. Even monk with all its downsides will stind find place in dungeons where you need to kite because or Ring Peace.

Compared to consistently falling into this never ending mess of balancing changes and following every tuning patch, hoping that we will get some kind of DPS buff so we can finally play our class more frequently in dungeons and actually feel like we are a major part of these dungeons.

As you stated before, warriors tend to be players who complain about damage the most, because it affects us most and yeah we care about damage in general because its only thing we bring, and we do not bring even that if other classes are overturned.

So you see, your solution to constantly buff our damage so we can be useful are actually more “warriors needs to be top” then mine solution to give some interesting useful utility.