Blizz please, we need copy

Blizzard please re-enable character copy again, there is no way I am the only one asking for this option.

People are somewhat bored with WOTLK, SOM is over, … easy money.

You can do this.

PS. Personally I think the news about stopping the service was not advertised enough, I would copy before otherwise. (I know noone asked)

11 Likes

we told you wrath was bad, you didn´t listen. Now deal with the consequences of your poor decision making and go do another ulduar GDKP.

6 Likes

They don’t have the data anymore. Blizzard have said this yet people still ask. Besides would you want your character from just before TBC started?

I agree with that.

The rules about copying characters were made abundantly clear, you just bet on the wrong horse and now want your cake and eat it.

Atleast every last person realized now that the falsely so called WoW “expansions” are what killed WoW. Twice.

You people killed the game when you asked for the lazy “expansions” to repeat. I hope you never get your characters back. Now get leveling so i can corpse camp you.

7 Likes

Sadly i have same problem. I invested a lot of time to gear 8 different characters in both factions then i had a break on tbc release because i had no interest in expansions and then i had to complete military service. When i was done from military i realized that all my characters moved to some expansion without any email notice.

All i can do now is hope for some fresh server or character clones.

6 Likes

I think it is important to understand that it was not your characters that got moved to the expansion, it was the server they were on that moved (along with everything on it).

So it was not that blizz hand picked your characters from era server and dropped them on a TBC server against your wishes. They progressed the whole server, same as it was in 2007.

Then, because some players wanted to keep playing era instead of following the natural progression, they created a completely new server with era on it from scratch, and for a time gave them the opportunity to make a copy of their characters and place them on the new server.

Just so people know the answer to “why my characters are in TBC/WOTLK when i did not ask blizz to put them there”. It was the default action.

1 Like

Also people have to realise they have had their natural progression, the same as it was back in 2005-2009, From Classic to TBC then to Wrath.

Having them on Era was an active choice not the natural progression.

2 Likes

Many of us do. Actually, moving a character that hasn’t progressed a tiny bit in TBC back to Vanilla could be enough. No copy needed for WoTLK.

1 Like

Together with characters that haven’t progressed in TBC, others will bring increased amount of gold into Era. No thank you.
And Blizzard will have to code a tool to check whether every single piece of gear is compatible with Era. I doubt they will ever do such thing.

But it has progressed. It has a different skill tree, if nothing else (and there is a lot of ‘else’ under the hood).
It is a completely different character already than it was in era, even if it did not take a single step in the expansion. If you did not take the opportunity to copy it while it was still there, the old character is simply gone now.

1 Like

“Snap shot”

Bring it back blizzard. We know you like easy money

2 Likes

They had shapshots. 2 years ago.

True. Only blizzard knows if they still have the data on a floppy disc somewhere and until they come out and say categorically there is no way to bring it back then posts like this will continue. Unfortunately they aren’t saying a word atm

2 Likes

They have already said that it will never be available. That was many months ago but some people weren’t around to see it so they think it may be possible.

The data is gone, once people realise this they will will only post more about it.

If that’s true then you would have a link to the info. Please post it here when you get the chance

1 Like

This mage of mine never ever entered TBC.

When I had to choose between Classic Forever or TBC I did not blink twice.

Classic is the winning horse and always has been.

What we have going in Era is great, despite some negatives, and is here to stay.

What a treat!

3 Likes

Hello fellow cloner kings. How are we enjoying our beloved chars today?

1 Like

+, bring clones back

3 Likes

They can’t, the data was moved to Wrath Mograine.