Blizzard failed,Subscribers punished!

Yeah and it’s fine, the ban is only a couple days- a week suspension unless you really took the mic, big whoop, just funny how so many were indignant about it to the point where they took action one week later. It wasn’t like they dc the arena opponent or bug a boss for a competitive kill, it was just level an alt slightly quicker

It’s fair. Plain and simple.

They do.
It was an exploit.

ppl in my raid team got 31 days for leveling one character each lvl 20-54 seems a little bit too much if u ask me

means they problably got caught doing something naughty before, the punishment increases everytime you get caught.

No both of them has clean slates

One started playing only a year ago

Everyone have agreed to;

License Limitations. Blizzard may suspend or revoke your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

(C7)Duplicated Items: Create, utilize or transact in any in-game item created or copied by exploiting a design flaw, undocumented problem, or program bug in the Platform.

People took a buff which weren’t meant to be stacked and then stacked it up. Which is a breach of user agreements. It’s not that I sit here and laught at matters, however this is not blizzards fault at all since we all have agreed that they can’t be accountable for this.

1 Like

it kinda does if people want to be heard. keeping a topic within one would not get the attention it needs.

bliz made an oopsie and punished people who separated pots which magically stacked exp. separating items isn’t a crime.

bliz should of patched the mistake and for a punishment, reset the levels gained while they used it with the pot refund.

the only reason why they did this ban is because of allied races, that is why they took quick action. so i can see why we need more topics on this cause it’s an outcry.

You are entitled to your opinion but it’s counter productive IMO.

The exploiters have been punished. Some would like to see them stripped of their heritage and levels but I doubt very much that is going to happen.

The time they lose is the time it would have taken them to level up without the exploit with some extra added on.

However having to say that in several threads over and over is pointless.

1 Like

The big failure from Blizzard is about communication. This bug was left on live for days and their Twitter account was getting messages by people asking about Blizzard’s stance during the whole thing.

Blizzard should have twitted back immediately a reply with something like: “It’s a bug, we are going to fix it in an upcoming patch, don’t exploit it because we are considering sanctioning those who do”.

It’s something which would have taken literally a few seconds to do. What did they communicate back instead? Absolutely nothing…

No the biggest fail were all the WoW streamers such a Preach going out and saying “It’s safe” when it’s an obvious breach of terms of use. :rofl::joy:

1 Like

By thinking it through logically. Is it something that appears unintentional and has there been no official response confirming it’s an intentional change? Then it’s like a bug and intentionally exploiting it will likely get you banned.

The problem is that the developers and CM’s didn’t confirm it to be a bug for those wanting an answer, all while leaving it in for an extended period of time. Leaving it in for that long with no response on any official channel, and then go and ban those abusing this bug is a really questionable move.

Eh, when they leave it up for that long then it does get easier to assume that it’s safe. If they had just taken the time to communicate it to be a bug within an hour or two of the first reports on their official channels then no one would assume it to be safe in any way.

Except that Preach, Kelani etc. have way more active followers then blizzard themselves. Heck if they seem to say something their followers often mindlessly just follow suit.

People should had known this was exploit without asking anyone about it because it was something you had to tamper with to even make it work. If it was intended you should had been able to just click multiple potions and it whould stack.

You had to seperate them into singles/multiple stacks and use them, unless you did this the buff just got refreshed upon using a 2nd pot. Which whould make it obvious for everyone that the intended use was; One Buff and if you use another potion, it refresh your buff like pretty much every other consumable in the game.

There’s a whole different story if you use a bug in good faith. Or intentiionaly tamper with an item to reproduce a bugged effect. The later are already covered by blizzards users agreement. Which everyone already have aviable to them and agreed upon when creating their account.

I don’t question the suspensions: Blizzard is clearly in the right about them. I question Blizzard’s communication, especially since they repeatedly stated they want to improve it.

They got basically bombarded by questions on Twitter about the potion bug for multiple days. If, as you say, the answer is easy to give, why didn’t Blizzard give a prompt answer? Is that an example of good communication in your opinion?

The impression Blizzard gave is that they didn’t care, when they actually did much. If they did, why didn’t they clearly state that immediately? Why there is zero communication about this even now? Not even the suspensions have been announced in any official venue yet as far as I know.

I’d say Preach still has a point when saying that they didn’t even attempt to communicate anything while the bug had been out for more than a few hours and reported by a fair few players.

It’s fair to ban players for abusing an obvious exploit but i don’t get why they didn’t make it clear they knew of it and what actions they’d take in that regard. That way the streamers at least know of it, since they know they’ll be made an example of with longer bans than the regular player for streaming it.

1 Like

Agreed, Blizzards communication with this matter was non-existent. It “might” have stopped a decent amount of the players doing it. I’m all for Blizzard banning everyone that did it, but this just shows 2 things.

1. Blizzard’s communication with it’s customers is seriously lacking.
  2. Leveling within the game is absolutely terrible.

Hopefully, this has helped Blizzard realize that leveling needs a serious revamp, and hopefully they get on to it. Leveling used to be so much better, but that was more down to how fast it was, so people didn’t need to deal with it too long.

But, if they are going to drag it out (Like they have done), they should at least make it fun.

2 Likes

Well as i said, blizzard don’t have to communicate that a obvious exploit is a exploit and against the terms of service. We all have read the terms and can read it how many times we want to. Sure we can agree on that someone whould had at least gave a statement on it within reasonable time. But deflection is not a “reasonable point”, preach knows better.

However if blizzard had said something without the means of fixing it immediately, it might have caused even more people to use this bug… Making blizzards workload even greater and probably caused even more suspensions.

Blizzard have already made it pretty clear after the Ivus exploit that people who endulge and spread exploits may recieve suspensions. The streamers and player base should be well aware of this by now.

Especially the streamers since they often participate/ed in progression raiding were exploits have always been very harsly frowned upon by the devs and also the community.

On the contrary, people will be less likely to do it if they know they’ll get banned and likely have the levels rolled back during a later patch. By communicating it then they’ll also make it clear to everyone that it without a doubt is unintended and they’re looking into it. The last bit is important since it shows an involvement with the community and that reporting major bugs doesn’t feel pointless.

You mean non-existent.