Blizzard is abandoning solo & casual players in 9.2.5

I think no one here has a high opinion of you after all your argument started becoming ad hominem and the only one “legit” was “but I think you should earn your rewards like I do”.

2 Likes

Just put gear in the wowshop and everyone is happy. Expct the one that cant buy it but thats life. You do not deserve anything you deserve what you can do and nothing more.

1 Like

Not even a “collect all pets” achiev in zm like other zones has.

That actualy isnt truth at all. Majority of stores what cutters to everybody tentd to have terrible or medicore products.

Eh, thats a dumb take. No wonder half of your likes come from the potty mouth.

I think it says much about your discussion that you look for who likes what. Seems similar to “but you have to earn … like I did. Look at me what I have achieved”.

I think I was pretty on spot with my first assessment and the e-peen. I get it. It’s important for you to have to show what you achieved, etc.
In the end it’s just bad for the game - as the rise of the competition in the mmorpg market shows - and in the long term for you, because as soon as this game dies there is no one to pat you on the back and gratulates you for clearing mythic or something.

I mean we all can read numbers, we all see what are the more succesful games right now and what has changed in WoW in the previous expansions. We see what kind of critism is around fan pages, this forum, etc.

It’s nice for you that you wanna keep what you have, but you can’t run WoW for a minority of 5% players that agree to you - someone has to pay the subscriptions.

5 Likes

Last 3 wow expansins were most casual friendly and acessible expansions this game ever had. Never in history of wow casuals could get raiding gear by doing casual stuff in the world. Never in past there was so much activities outside of instanced content. So saying this nonsense that game cutters to minority of best players is absolute nonsense. Game has never been this casual friendly before as it is now.

It was actually quite insightful imo.

You keep bringing up me badmouthing you, yet you keep doing it to me.
What’s that about?

Ps: Good work ignoring all the LEGIT arguments that were being brought up against you. :blush:

2 Likes

Factually wrong.
It was more casual friendly in Legion than it is now.
It was more casual friendly in BfA than it is now.
In terms of POWER PROGRESSION anyway.

In terms of ‘doable content’, sure, I’ll agree with you.

But just having content isn’t enough: It has to be fun. It has to be worthwhile to do.
And both those things have been lacking severely in Shadowlands.

3 Likes

WoW is so casual… the casuals went to FFXIV or play other games that have no nasty timegated systems and awful gear progression based on RNG. All these done by design to extend subs as much as possible.

Meanwhile in other games casuals start immediately having fun playing. But fun is a factor Blizzard has been unable to produce or measure since quite a while now.

I still don’t understand how people say this game is focused on casuals since everything requires massive grinds with rng on top. Not even mentioning the WoW token to gold P2W.

There’s nothing attractive for casuals here.

3 Likes

Legion definitely wasn’t friendly even for casual play.

What are you talking about?
Have you at all played in classic???
Gearing up in classic was doing one dungeon in 10 levels for one item, THAT’S IT. People did not reach 60, left alone did end-level progression.
People enjoyed the game, even though the majority of them never reached the point, where they had to grind.
Or wait. BECAUSE OF THAT

Please define what a casual player is?
Is it someone only doing HC raid and weekly 15?
Someone doing normal raid and weekly +10?
Someone with 1200-1500 pvp rating?

All of the above have been used to describe a casual player. And what that view point there seems to be a decent amount of content :confused:

Agree to disagree.

I guess it all depends on what you consider ‘friendly’, since we all have different ideas on how we want to enjoy this game. I consider ‘always having something worthwhile to do’ VERY friendly, while for some others ‘being done in an acceptable amount of time’ is friendly.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a silly term.
I prefer to use ‘solo players’ and ‘non-big 3 players’. Those 2 terms are usually more appropriate to use (and to be clear: with solo players I don’t only mean people who NEVER do group content; it also includes people who sometimes do a dungeon or maybe an LFR - but their main ‘content bread and butter’ is solo content).

2 Likes

There are two ways to define a casual. It’s either a person, that invests little time or a person that does not do hard content

Therefore, casual content is content, that can be done within limited amount of gametime or content that does not require effort.

As statistics show for games and MMOs, limited amount of time would be 70 hours a game, so 70 hours per wow expansion. Limited amount of effort is where your system is in relaxation state as opposed to work state. The latter is subjective, but probably an average can be found, but no stats for that.

Put these lens on wow
What checks out as casual?
Due to effort - rep grinds, story quests, collectionism

So there you go, only casual players, who have content ATM, are those, who don’t put in casual time, but put in casual effort.
But time IS effort for many players.
Therefore, only a small strata of casual players are able to enjoy the retail

TLDR
I don’t know, if I am making a clear point here. Only those casual players, for whom a lot of gametime is effortless, can be enjoying this. They also need to be interested in rep/collections grind or current game story. So that’s not many people

However, this topic is about Solo players.
Solo player does not equal casual player

2 Likes

This does not exist, honestly.
All content requires effort. Sure, some more than others.
But effort is subjective.

One person might find lifting 20kgs very easy, while another may have a hard time with it. They’re doing the same thing, but they put in different amounts of effort.

The same can be said for content in WoW.
Although if you look at it from a non-skill and non-physical standpoint (playing with a disability for instance), then the term becomes rather esotheric (for instance; if a person really hates doing ‘content A’ then that person doing ‘content A’ has to put in a lot more mental effort).

2 Likes

Yep, very subjective
Very hard to define

It’s easier to define casual via time

That is why we never should talk about casual. I am atm casually running lower keys since we don’t have tier sets. It has no use to push ourselves when we know we get 40% stronger somewhere in the next weeks/month.

True, but then there’s other ‘problems’ with the definition.
Hence why I mainly use ‘solo players’ and ‘non-big 3’ players. It’s way more clear what those kinds of players are.

And I happen to be a mix of both.
But I would not call myself casual for instance. Because if the game is fun and I can do worthwhile content; I’ll put in a LOT of hours.