Blizzard is abandoning solo & casual players in 9.2.5

Yes they are and they always has been and becouse this part of the game has become very easy to do and finish thanks to acessability those people lose interest playing wow really fast.

You took my comment completely backwards.
The world gear gets scaled down in harder content.
Not that rewards from harder content gets scaled down for world content.

Also donā€™t see why this would require multiple sets.
Mythic raiding gear would still top it

Oh, so you also suggest, that subscribed wow player base has not changed with time? Oh wow ok

Well, no, collectionists are not the majority and never has been.

Its still more efficient to get gear solo than waste time with organized group in challenging content.

But open world content is super easy, right?

So what do you need that high item level gear for? :smirk:

Herp derp. :crazy_face:

See how this goes both ways?

2 Likes

Colectos not but players paying zhis game just see and beat content are. You are in srrious delusion if you think majority of players are raiders and mythic+ runners.

It might be more effecient, but if you canā€™t do it, you canā€™t do it

1 Like

Way more efficient to just do a weekly +15 key and grab the loot, including a 278 ilvl item in the vault.

I donā€™t think many people are here for shadowlands quests, sorry

I dont but it doesnt feel good to get gear from challenging content than have it artificialy scaled down. Also why you want high end gear from world content if all you do is world content and you dont need it?

They areā€¦Most people just want to go trought story, beat dungeons and raid than quit.

It isnt. If it would be most people would do itā€¦

Well, people I see in game donā€™t seem to be standing near the quest giver reading the text and the storyline seems to be considered ridiculous by most, but I donā€™t have stats on this. Do you?

Okay.

That can be easily addressed by simply differentiating the gear design in raiding and dungeons from the open world gear and PvP gear.

For example, open world gear could go all the way to item level 272 if a large portion of the item budget was reserved for effects that only worked in the open world ā€“ like those in Zereth Mortis that enhance Pocopoc.

That solves the problem.

That makes the gear good, but only good in the open world. No cause for alarm for raiders or dungeoneers or PvPers.

Now you can have powerful open world gear without stepping raiders on their feet, and the raiders can still enjoy all the benefits of their high item level raid gear in any content they wish.

The sense of constant progression and reward is satisfying. The lure of getting an upgrade every now and then is desirable and makes it more exiting to do the associated content.

Thatā€™s very simple.

Character progression is fun.
Its nice to see and feel yourself getting stronger.
Having better gear to seek out also sets goals.

By the same logic, could you not say that mythic raids should not reward gear, as theyā€™re already doing the hardest content successfully thus have no use for it?

Thats becouse those people no longer play. Like at this point we just wait for Jailer boss in lfr and thats end of Shadowlands for majority.

Character peogression isnt fun if you progress character just for sake of progressing and to increase your numbers. There has to be reason for players to why they would want to have bigger numbers.

Anyway, what you seem to be missing is that currently you are making solo players do organized content to get good ilvl, because they canā€™t get same rewards from solo.
Itā€™s the most unbelievable basic mistake
When you force a person to do something they dislike, their negative emotions store up and spread on your game and your company
Like the person dislikes the raid. Then they dislike the game. Then they dislike your entire company

Itā€™s obvious, I donā€™t understand, why this is difficult to understand.

Therefore, if you want more customers, you need to give people options.
Solo players should be able to have an option to get bis in solo. MP players should be able to get bis in MP. PvP players should get bis in PvP.
Solo players should be able to choose between high-skill effort and time investment.
Players should be able to choose zones for collectionism/end-game progression. Not just one zone at a time
Raiders should be able to choose raid, not just one raid for 6 month

How hard can it be for people with 100million dollar bonuses to realize?

There must be a choice.
And you giving solo players rubbish gear takes away the choice

I would have to disagree because i find it fun.

Thatā€™s rubbish to say. Diablo is literal proof that players will gladly pursue bigger numbers for the sake of bigger numbers because bigger numbers makes the gameplay more fun.

Thatā€™s the core design of any Diablo game (and most hack 'n slash games by extension) and it works wonders.

Pretending itā€™s any different in WoW when you literally discuss with players who tell you straight to your face that they think itā€™s fun, is ridiculous.

2 Likes