Blizzard is asking about Classic Era realm changes

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=321246/wow-classic-survey-significant-changes-or-new-features-on-classic-era-servers

They are asking how people feel about QoL or new content being added to Classic Era realms as well as “significant changes” or realm groups due to low population on each realm in group.

“significant changes”? hm… all tier sets pink, Molten Core deals frost damage and Rag is blue… Palas get new passive effect “Not justice but vengeance” which increases shadow oil damage, proc rate and causes mana return :wink:

4 Likes

The classic era realms are pointless unless they are F R E S H.

But some changes would be good.

8 Likes

If that shown is an actual screenshot then the third and last question are kind of odd…

“Including content not inherent to Classic” sounds a lot like “Classic+” but in reality will be selfies and pet battles.

“Set to WoW Classic” is even more obscure, wtf does that mean? They already asked if we wanted to keep them locked in vanilla or progress later.

The only thing I’d ask is to freaking remove the internal CD of on hit items, make the Ashbringer to scale with Spell Damage (as it should have been to begin with) so that Paladins can actually play as they could in Vanilla and last but not least pre 1.11 AV (with backdoor fixed though) because the clown fiesta we got in Classic is close to blasphemy.

My guess is pet and mount shop honestly

1 Like

Strange thing to make a survey about our position about changes without specifying what changes.

4 Likes

New content to classic era servers…

So classic+ as an idea is very much alive! This is crazy. Could be soo awesome! Opening up some areas, dungeons, raids, gear, quests…while keeping that Classic type of game.

!!!

6 Likes

What you expect may not be what they actually add :wink: Worth keeping in mind as the survey is very ambiguous.

1 Like

“These servers could have changes that dramatically change aspects of the game experience…”.

“For example: layering for high populations, changes to the PvP honor system…”.

Not dramatic enough, i’m sorry to say. I’ll stick with the #nochanges crowd here.

2 Likes

I’m super bothered about the whole ‘connected realms’ things they just sort of nonchalantly swept under the rug. That’s a massively ANTI-classic feature. Like wtf, destroying server identity like on retail. Do people not realise this is quite close to CRZ? I’m very annoyed.

On a side note, only changes I’d be cool with is world buffs disabled inside raids and early vanilla AV.

No need for layering on classic era realms anymore, they won’t have enough players when tbc is out.

5 Likes

I’m hangin on to the “added content”-wording.

To me added content means …well …added content in terms of places, gear etc.

The parts about changed experience is another thing. Could be good could be bad. But with the “classic” gameplay as lead mantra I believe it could be awesome.

1 Like

if they do classic cata though then new content in vanilla doesn’t rlly make sense as they added all those locations later on and you’d have an old and new version of all this stuff.

I was unable to defend myself with my lvl 48 priest while taking the boat from Booty Bay because Blizzard saw it fitting to implement an immunity to Mind Control. I was powerless and it instead resulted in the level 60 hunter being able to kill me without any consequence. What the hell is that for a change? Is it staying true to the original WoW? No. Is it impeding the off chance that low level players may have been able to defend themselves against overwhelming odds? Yes!

Revert, I say. I’m so mad, because I feel like I died while being unable to do anything against the level 60 huntard who could basically just jump around and be like “MEH”

This is likely to Classic Era realms that will have like 20% of original population. 4K realm suddenly drops below 1K.

well, if we assume blizz intends to have
*retail servers following latest expansions etc
*classic servers following the old expansions (vanilla>tbc>wrath>?)
*static servers, each per expansion

then its possible to have the so called classic+ on a static vanilla server, whether its a good idea or not is hard to say atm

i would be interested to see them use the old hellfire zone and the other bits of unused landmarks/textures etc, also the portal in stormwind and maybe even just add more to the lesser known/played zones, the lost ones near sunken temple could get some more story maybe? hell (and you’ll hate this) add the pandaren!

1 Like

Fun fact - some objects in like Swamp of Sorrows suggest Pandaren presence in the past or influence of their architecture/culture.

You are falling exactly in the trap they set, read my first comment here…

also there is a child in stormwind who talks of pandaren.

1 Like

Lmao this is exactly the kind of BS that Blizzard pulled with the first TBC Survey.

“Would you prefer starting at lv 58” was a pretty popular option in the survey. Lo and behold, we are getting the option to start at lv 58… by paying money.

1 Like

My guess is that they’re fishing for a cash shop with a bunch more instant level 60 boosts, gold tokens, store mounts and all that other garbage.

They put out some tentative feelers with the pay-too-win boost in TBC, and clearly a whole bunch of forum users love the idea of it, judging from the ones defending it. Consequently they’ve now become emboldened and feel confident about trashing Classic.

We do this to ourselves by accepting things like levelling boosts - it just creates a huge snowball effect.

The question about ‘quality of life changes’ is the truly chilling one.

Expect LFG and LFR to arrive shortly, along with instant travel, reagents removed, Cataclysm-style talents and spells, no weapon skills, no class quests etc. etc. Until soon Classic is just retail with different zones.

You have been warned.

3 Likes

Should they add content into Classic? To core of the game - no, but they could make minor additions, perhaps seasonal to match Fresh server mentality, and make your experience even more exciting and unique.

Questions they add into survey should be more straight forward, instead of being uncertain.

• Do you wan’t Arenas in Classic?
  • Do you wan’t Guild Banks in Classic?
  • Do you wan’t new Raid in Classic?
  • Do you wan’t level boosting removed?
  • How do you wan’t to change World Buffs?

If this is going to happen, community will transition back to where it came from. There IS, a place to go.