Blizzard, please fix AV

Dear Blizzard, you’ve done so well with everything else in Classic. Why ruin AV?

Current AV feels like retail AV without the resources. It is just wrong on all accounts. I want my 8 hour AV run plox ffs, and I sure as hell want to pick up my human bone chips, and gnaw on them as well, as well the hate for alliance is real, and shouldn’t be trifled with.

Please fix this asap, as everything else with Classic is fine. Thank you, and gj on everything else.

Merry xmas everybody.

56 Likes

NO !!! This AV is fun!

8 Likes

How is this fun, or even PvP? It’s pathetic…

https://i.redd.it/0l8f7u9htv341.jpg
11 Likes

This AV is utter SH*T. Who wants to play 7 min PVE Fights ??? We want NORMAL AV

31 Likes

not sure if serious or trolling. right now the time spend in most AV’s look like this: 80% sitting on your mount and slowly move across the map. 20% killing some npc’s.

tell me where the fun is.

10 Likes

Seems to me that when both teams race to the other side and ignore eachother that means they all want it to end as soon as possible.

Which is probably why AV works as it does. If more people wanted to make it last longer than why don’t they defend and turtle up and turn it into a longer fight?

I think this is a case of a small but loud minority?

10 Likes

People like you are funny. “Just turtle up LOL”. Yeah, try to convince more than 5 people to turtle up meaninglessly horde side so that the Alliance zerg can still go through and you won’t impact the rush at all.

This Alterac Valley version is the absolutely worse state the BG has ever been in. If you had play TBC before 2.3 you would know this because it was an absolute s*** show at the time, in game and on the forums.
i can’t believe some people actually defend Blizzard on this decision

13 Likes

I havent played it yet, but if it isnt mechanically broken it is purely the players fault it is a rushfest.

7 Likes

AV at current state should not even exist. If blizz literally removed current AV and gave everyone rep rewards game would be BETTER. At least you can have fun farming WSG, even if theres diminishing returns after a while. With this AV theres literally 0 fun, nothing.

9 Likes

Farm-not-fun mentality of gamers today.
The playerbase is at fault, and Blizzard can’t babysit their behaviour without making considerable changes to the game.

I’m sure that even with the old AV people would do their best to avoid fights and rush it.

We saw it in wpvp, now we see it in battlegrounds.

Enjoy. I’m having lots of fun in the 40-49 bracket because it does away with all that stuff. At least for now, eventually I guess twinks will ruin it too.

5 Likes

Just grab a few mages and stop the enemy zerg at a choke point. If you manage to slow down like 20 ppl and kill a few they probably cant zerg the endboss and a proper fight will start.

1 Like

100% this.
It’s only a rushfest if no one decides to defend.
I just finished a 35min AV where we chose to defend some spots, so alliance were forced to do the same.

4 Likes

Funny how people have only just realised that this would not be AV of old. Many of us warned of this months ago yet were ignored. This is not the AV that most people remember.

2 Likes

People are dumb, and think they know better all the time. especially those dum-bnf-ucks that were 12 years old when vanilla was around.

Winning should matter and be difficult to achieve. I can also go try gank people and have fun, but I can do it everywhere and its not related to AV whatsoever

2 Likes

Such a bummer. Tales of pre-nerf Vanilla AV were some of the heaviest hype factors for me before Classic came out. I missed it as joined only in TBC :frowning:

4 Likes

This AV is an example of how current WoW ended up the way it is, with everything streamlined to get things done in the shortest possible time. AV was taking too long for those that just wanted to farm HP so they made it just an HP farm rather than a ‘battle’ ground.

With the Devs of the current garbage loot box version of WoW making decisions on ‘Classic’ why would be expect anything less, than for them to head down the same route as current WoW where ever they can get away with it.

16 Likes

Why would you choose to willingly prolong the duration of the BG especially if you are trying to rank? You are competing with other PvPers as stupid as it might sound, but it is reality so if others are rushing 7 mins AV’s why would I instead try to make mine 20 mins? For the sake of RP like epic battles with faction pride? Be serious please

7 Likes

I think your reading comprehension is suffering. If you think your sentiment is ANYTHING like what the majority is then you are mistaken. Most people want to have fun, not grind to High Warlord.
I’m not sure if your inability to see this is telling about what is needed to bring AV back to what is was. It needs to prevent people like you from misinterpreting what the BG is for.

And if you think your version should be the game, then why the hell are you playing Classic? Streamlined bullcrap that takes 5 mins belongs in Retail (if even there)

6 Likes

Yes, yes, as evident by the outcome of world pvp and the entire phase 2, they didn’t make 40 man raids to zerg entire zones, lv50’s included, for a +5 honor, I mean they didn’t at all but if they did it would have been for fun because who wouldn’t have fun doing such actions

1 Like