Blizzard, please fix AV

That is what should tell you what the majority of people are looking for. Why would Blizzard put a mechanism in place that frustrates the majority of the players? The option to prolong the battle and earn more kills is right there but people just cba.

At the end of the day AV is a mechanism to earn honor points first and foremost and an RP simulation to pretend you are in a Fantasy war secondly.

If Blizzard would put that all back in you would have the same endless amount of complaining on the forum, only this time because it takes too long. And in the end people would still try to avoid and rush. Which is probably why they cut it to size in the first place.

Long PvP battles can and should take place outside in the open world like at Tarren Mill. There you can put the emphasys on the RP element. BG’s are there for the fast accumulation of honor points.

What people should really do is stop putting IRL value and status into something like ‘honor points’ in a computergame.

This version of AV is pathetic. It’s even worse that retail.
How can a bg last for only 5 mins?
I was waiting to see the old AV that lasted hours and hours and instead we get this. It’s awful, not fun, just rushing to the boss and that’ all.
I saw someone the other day saying that “if you want pvp go to WSG, this is a pve bg.” A pve bg? Wth?

2 Likes

Agreed we just vote kick afk players that defend to much and they get kicked out of game with 15 min deserter. Same with low lvls and people with 60% mount

“Do not waste my time” said a guy in MMORGP

Each time i join AV i beg there are horde “tryhards” who came here to fight and not to play Mario Carts brainless rush. We can have nice middle/town battles and these tears from raging pve girls getting pegged at Galv are delicious.

3 Likes

There were protests, I know I was in them, but not big enough (certainly not comparable to the whole forums on fire for days on end with the “international servers” idiocy).

The problem is precisely that Blizzard is being completely stupid and doesn’t change course unless all the forums are on fire for days on end. Even when their decisions are idiotic enough even a 5-years old would notice in a second. It’s mystifying.

Its up to the players choice to be toxic and elitist. Right up to the point where its so bad that Blizzard puts restrictions in place… or not. Just like Blizzards streamlining of the instance on the bases of people streamlining it en masse themselves.

Ah yeah the true Scotsman theorie ?

Like I said than what about other things which were there for the majority of vanilla ? Like why don’t you mind the updated talent trees ?

Exactly, that is what it currently is. But the fact that you think it should be just a point grinding mechanism first and only secondly a fantasy war is what the problem in mindset is.

World of Warcraft It is a Fantasy Role-playing game after all, and the instance is a Player versus Player battleground. Then how should it not be about a fantasy war, fighting each other over resources and gaining ground? And the rewards for participating in this war are the honor and reputation points, that is secondary.

1 Like

People fake reporting to kick people from BG should receive at least one month of vacation from the game.
I advise anyone that fall the victim to this to send a complaint to Blizzard so they can look into it and ban the offending players.

1 Like

I never said that i think it should be a point grinding mechanism. I just understand what is behind the slimming it down to that, based on player behavior. Its what the majority wants according to their analysed playstyles.

People can call whatever they want on a forum but its their ingame behavior patterns that determine the route the devs take.

Tell that to the hundreds of thousands players running fast honor BG’s back to back while doing what Queueguy just said.

Its themed in a Warcraft skin isn’t it? There’s an option to defend indefinitely isn’t there?

Yeah, that is what you would think. But in reality that is the first and formost. The RP part has been shoved to the back quite some time ago.

The RP part was important when RPG’s used to be boardgames exclusively.

Today they are ego-boosting systems where people get to go allout in this personal e-sport-ish compatibility thing, dressed up in their favorite Sci-Fi / Fantasy theme/environment. Especially in PvP.

Stop strawmanning. I would have appreciated a slow roll out of class patches. I would have loved a MC that wasn’t a pushover with repatched/boosted talent trees. (well would probably still have been fairly easy). I have mentioned this on other forums and under other screen names before.

Your whole argument is “this is part of 1.12, ergo it must be like this, Hallelujah”. I argue that it’s too poor a representation to be a faithful recreation of “the vanilla experience”. The 1.12 religious zeal you carry seem to be a crutch with which you think you can with some argument that you are mostly having inside your own mind. God knows my words don’t reach you inside your little mental picture of what’s going on.

My desire, one that I share with the majority (I’ll bet whatever you are willing to wager), is to recreate the best parts of vanilla that made me and millions of others resubscribe. No one resubscribed specifically for 1.12. It was just a the cheapest compromise.
And Do mind, we DON’T have 1.12 in the game. Where is Naxx? Darkmoon faire?

Blizzard have tried to do their best. This AV isn’t good enough.
That message should be super clear to anyone but you by now.

But keep having a conversation in your head. I won’t bother trying to take part in it anymore.

Here is the thing. That’s all your opinion with no facts behind it. Waiting times for AV show a different picture

1 Like

Well put.
Additionally, this is an MMO, with plenty of grind.
Players are literally grinding (not having fun) just so they can have fun later.
To follow up on that AV just came out two days ago. Go figure.

1 Like

Guys everything is fine with AV and rank 14. everything is intended!

1 Like

can someone answer to this? In my memories I remember that when a station is on fire destroyed by the other faction you get constant damage if you stand inside the building. I checked and there’s no such think in classic? Is it a bug?

Sky is blue. Grass is green. 1.12 AV is utter crap. ActiBlizz is clueless and run by greed.

3 Likes

Here is the thing. That’s all your opinion with no facts behind it. Waiting times for AV show a different picture

what do you think has a longer que?
ice scream sellers that require to to wait 5 month before u get your ice
or ice cream sellers that give you your ice instantly? :slight_smile:
what a moronic thing to say of you seriously

That’s such a strawman argument.

Why do people farm rare mounts if getting a normal one is easier ?

Because it’s fun. If classic pvp is as fun as some want to believe it it , people would do wpvp/ wsg

Hey ho, I say I agree with the creator of threats completely.
When I heard the AV now giving I already prepared myself mentally to be in your queue for hours and then have quests and PVP hardcore action for hours.
I was really happy to finally get back to Oldschool AV where you really need hours.
When I was inside for the first time I noticed that you are connected to all the servers, that it’s like in retail, it’s like war fronts. and unfortunately that’s the way it is, and if you don’t take a cemetery that’s in the middle, you get kicked, because it takes much longer.
haha aja as a horde to win in the Rush battle is difficult and alone or with luck to deffen 5th is also impossible.
but no matter.
I’m in the mood of the threat creator, and hope that Blizzard brings back the old farms of mobs and mines and the old, back and forth with the cemeteries.

that was my mustard ;D

The games do seem to be getting a bit better.
People are actually playing the objectives rather than zerg rushing, I just got out of a 20 minute long game where we fought against a bunch of russians and kicked their arses after we fed 2 spawnwaves to Lokholar.