Blizzard, please fix AV

I want Vanilla, not “vanilla as dictated by least amount of Blizzard resources” or what idiots in this thread think is 1.12 masterpieces. Which is obviously isn’t.

I played Vanilla, and this AV does NOT represent the majority of that experience.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right Nijala

2 Likes

The thing is nobody cares what you remember it cherish. We don’t want changes to fit your memory

If you want changes go play retail

1.12 wasn’t in classic ? If we start by asking for older patch stuff than let’s ask first for 1.1 talent trees alright ? Before you don’t ask for them don’t ask of older versions of Av

God dam hypocrite , go with your changes to retail if you can’t handle classic

1 Like

I Think this AV represents the min max attitude of most players .
The maximum amount of reputation AND honor per hour only gained if both sides literally ignore each other. I believe Horde gets tonnes of honor and rep even if not “winning” AV.

So if both sides choose to play it long, the honor and rep reward will be less. Few games i’ve seen this happening with majority - people started standing afk, waiting for it to just end one way or another.

Though i must say this version of AV makes one very important thing. Like Really important.
It divided those “I like PvP so i play on PvP realm” people from all others.
You will see few people liking PvP and not rewards in the world and also just sick bastards enjoying camping FP and BRM from now on - cause wpvp gives like no honor at all if you compare it with BG.
This means if you still out there camping FP or BRM, you are here not for honor but for easy kills(which is fine btw - pvp on pvp realm, you do what you enjoy most) cause u’ll always be behind AV grinders. If you are up for good balanced PvP , the WSG looks best thing out there atm. And if you grind 7-8 mins AV, means you want to max honor for rewards.

In my humble opinion most of players should just find out what is it that they really want - cause you can choose and got means to get it.

P.S. and there is nothing preventing current players to organize epic battles in AV. Just choose numbers of AV - like all 360-380 AV are for epic battles - and play them that way.

Agreed. People want to have fun, but their min/maxing got them playing in a way where they can not. So they beg the developer to save them from their own efficientcy…
Perhaps we all blamed Blizzard a bit to much these last years, and ourselfs to little.

5 Likes

Absolutely.
You’ll find the same mentality everywhere; rush through the content, then whine about there being too little content or the content being too easy/exploitable/flawed/whatever.
Blizzard didn’t just decide to turn WoW into what it is today on a whim. Players asked for it. Repeatedly. Blizzard’s main mistake was listening.

Analytics based design the “greatest achievement” in game design, yes?

Let’s swap from vision based design, go with the flow and do community driven game design. Its awesome guys: algorithms desing crap much faster, you get bored much faster, we can slap new price tags so often. Algos will tailor it according to your very needs and demands, trust us it would be just awesom. Welcome to the great era of “fast-food” games.

Oh BTW I’m sure there is a demand for passive honor gains for just staying logged. It would be such a “great” idea to fill that demand too.

1 Like

Not sure if you are mad at me here?

But in any case, its the developer who does gamedesign through vision initially but ultimately its the players (market) who will determine how the game will end up. That is, depending if the developers want to make money off of their product or prefer to serve a smaller, more niche market and stick to their original design.

Its a “great idea” the moment it sells the game and keeps people logging in. That the niche people don’t like it is of secundairy importance.

And what we see with Classic is that there is enough niche people around (pirate server players and tricked true Vanilla fans) to bounce the costs off of and actually allow for it to be rebuilt.

There is an even smaller niche however in this case of people who feel they have been had and refuse to play this pirate server version that is not true Vanilla. And of those i am one… sadly.

1 Like

There is something preventing the organisation of those epic battles.
A) The map doesn’t encourage it in it’s 1.12 iteration.
B) The game is unplayable in massed pvp because of the new server architecture, causing lag of between 2-30s in some circumstances.

I regret to announce that I too, was duped by Blizz, into believing they could deliver already existing content of equal quality to private servers. The truth is they can’t, nor do they want to. So long as they make $$$.

1 Like

oh really…

2 Likes

autism intensifies, 8 hours AV wow.

go back to retail then

For wanting a version of AV that existed for the majority of classic’s lifetime?

1 Like

My friend, seems that with Classic the €%*+? never end!

This is literally LFR brought to Classic.
Queue up -> Accept -> Brain Shuts off -> Kill bosses -> Leave to never see these people again.
Does this remind you of a place which we hate and that’s why we are playing classic ? Retail !

Big mistake to bring a taste of retail into classic.
Blizz fix this.
A simple fix could be, AV win to give less honor.
Then you will think, well everyone will join WSG
That’s when you just have to make AV give ex. 10% more honor on kills.

The fix is justified to work because you give people what they demand but in a different form thus forcing pvp.
(WSG gives you a reason to pvp. You are required to kill the flag carrier or you lose, simple)
You all want honor ?
What does AV have now to force you to PvP ? Nothing cause you might even lose and gain more bonus honor than the enemy faction depending on towers captured etc.
So lowering the AV win reward and increasing pvp reward will force players to battle it out.

Done.

4 Likes

I’m not sure you are fully literate or if you have problems comprehending what people type. either way you seem to be deliberately misinterpreting and constructing your own “truths”.

If you take your head out of where ever you currently have it placed and look around you Will see that “my version” as you call it, is not “my version” it’s the one that Actual Vanilla players want. It’s the one that was there for the majority of Vanilla. Classic’s mission goal was to recreate Vanilla experience. I’m not advocating “changes” I’m advocating Vanilla.

The 1.12 cop-out is an artificial restraint you put on the argument and the only reason Blizzard even bothered with specifically 1.12 is a matter of cost.
I suspect you know this and you just want to “win” arguments by being the pigeon on the chessboard. Maybe you are bored from playing this AV. Maybe you suffer from a condition.

So instead of me trying to talk your out of your own fiction, how about an easy question:
“Do you enjoy this AV?”
Because if you do, then go to LFR in retail.

2 Likes

The current version is just nothing PvP unless players force it by defending, but when doing so you get “abuse” from other players “_OMG don’t defend, kill NPC’s and loose fast, best honor!!1!!1”

The old 8 hour + AV’s were good in an effort/reward ratio. You needed to do a lot of objectives, and even if you did not win or loose games as often as now, the amount of honor and reputation was good if you actually killed players. You did not need to enter and win games each times, even if you entered a game already running, and left before it ended after playing a hile, you got your HK’s and reputation due to all the objectives and actual PvP going on.

I grinded a lot of BG’s, and even in that old state I had AV reputatiion exalted in a comparable time frame as WSG, and way faster than AB actually.

The amount of AV reputation and Honor points you grab in a single 10 minute game (or shorter) is just silly. They reduced the BG itself by taking out all objectives, but kept the same level of rewards that made more sense if it actually took hours to complete, making it a complete joke.

To all horde tryhards who goes full defend cus you cant win and want to waste time: l2p

lol well last night I just play 5 match and with this tactic, we get ez win, 10 ppl goes for defend for kill tanks or healers and other grp just rush to north gg, when allys getting killed before drek, they start to act like headless chicken cant grp up again :smiley: this is so fun :smiley: