Blizzard, please learn from pservers

Not sure if it’s fun if everyone gets ony/warchief every 15 minutes and can get full consumables for cheap. Sounds more fun to me that those things are hard to get.

2 Likes

I couldnt understand this topic. 1 node or 10 nodes dont change your gold per hour. It is economy 101.

They do change your gold per hour… just use your brain. If for example, 10 people are farming all the nodes of herbs/minerals you make exactly 0 gold per hour. You may get lucky and get spawn but it is still below what you made in the past.

I was farming for 2 weeks herbs in a good spot (not going to name it obviously) and there were only 2-3 people max competing with me. Now there are 5-6 people farming that spot. My gold per hour went from 50g to 4g… that’s insane…

AND i am not even farming in peak hours where everybody is online…

This game needed a beta, which would have fixed all the game breaking bugs like raid xp.

But just as importantly it would have given some insight into server populations and what is actually playable.

The inflation is because the supply of mats just got cut in half from the switch to one layer, but the population stayed the same (unless you’re in a queue)

Right now we don’t know how one layer will support the massive populations

I agree “just use your brain” part. Imagine there are 100000 nodes and you are the only farmer. What happens in long run? Let me explain what happens. People just comes and gets their needs in 30 sec and you wait to sell your mats at 35 copper like forever. As i said it is economy 101.

Wait, you think that’s bad?

I used to have mining since launch, and competition was so intense even when the server had 2 or 3 layers that I only ever managed to get 1 blue gem from nodes while I had mining for a couple of months and I only managed to mine 2 or 3 Rich Thorium Veins.

I GOT. 1 BLUE. GEM. IN. 2. MONTHS. OF. DAILY. ROUNDS. OF. MINING. FOR. THORIUM. IN. 4. DIFFERENT. ZONES.

Yeah doing rounds is a bad way of mining ime. I’ve gotten far more ore while farming furbolgs / fire eles / just passing by on my way to an instance. And now there’s DME.

To the OP, there’s no problem. If it’s too expensive, don’t use it. Buffs are just nice to have, the game works fine without them. I’m sure plenty of people would find the game more fun if bosses dropped as much loot as on retail too - that doesn’t mean Blizz should change the game for them. If you’re on an overpopulated server, you have the option to transfer to a server with a more reasonable population.

2 Likes

Just one big difference between pserver providers and Blizzard: Pserver providers were literally just that, Pserver providers. Blizzard has tons of other games to look after, its sad but Classic is just a little side project for them.

Imagine stating “No changes” when they are playing on a Legion engine, lol.
Stupidity has no boundaries I guess. News flash, this aint vanilla - its a meh version called “Classic”. And even the pservers did it better with 3-4 devs in the teams… You´ve been milked.

Overpopulation of servers is generally solved by players transferring to lower population servers. Maybe even have 1 or 2 servers newly added if things are still cramped.

Endulging overpopulation by adjusting spawnrates of nodes and such is un-Vanilla and bad.

The goal was to recreate Vanilla, not to copy Pirate servers.

Players desperately clinging to Pirate Server Style Overpopulation should be left to simmer and rot in their own folly indefinitely until they give up.

3 Likes

If one were to make “concessions in order for fun to flourish”, such buffs would drop the moment you set foot in an instance.

Erm
On our server we have officer/guildleader channel for all guilds for buffs.

If a goat accidentally does it. He is murdered. But ain’t happening.

This is exactly how we did back then too.

Haha wtf.
More nodes and herbs? I remember my alarms ringing at nights for reapawns…
Fight for it. You want everything to be cheap?

What about nightfish fished at 00:00-06:00 you want those addresses too?

Come on m8. Are you for real?

Thing is I somehow get you, specially when the servers are holding way more players than planned back then.

But I guess ur only looking at small perspective.

For long term, all materials will be so cheap that everyone are running with everything even in 5mans.
So things will be even easier.

Ye let’s do World buffs, so that we have it on 24/7. So things gets even easier…

Com’on m8.
But blizzard are unfortunately forcing you to talk to fellow guildleaders to sort those stuff out!!

Community is the key.
Maybe ur server to big to have communications.

I do not see the problems. Rly

By using exactly the same route in Un’goro I used to use back in 2005, I’m not making even 25% of what I was making back then.

I think Blizzard didn’t adjust the number of nodes and repop rate according to the 5x higher server population. A dev once explained how nodes work, you can only have a specific amount of nodes in an area at the same time. If you have 5x more players, that limit should be multiplied by 5, but it obviously was not.

To elaborate…
If you have 2 players circling a zone, and 4 rich thorium nodes max allowed in that area, with a repop time of 10 minutes (imaginary numbers, it’s just an example), statistically every player would on average be able mine one node every 5 minutes.
If you have 10 players instead (5x more like the server population of classic vs vanilla), every player would only be able to mine on average every 35 minutes.

See the drastic decrease of income per hour now ?
It’s 1 node instead of 7 in the same time ! Only 14% of what they were getting in Vanilla !

1 Like

Sometimes it almost feels like the original developers of the game designed the world to work with a certain amount of players in mind, and arbitrarily changing this amount tremendously has effects on the game… Hmmm, who would have thought?

Maybe we could change the level cap to 120 while we’re at it. The 60 level cap was probably assigned randomly, right?

1 Like

I understand that many of you see pservers as “the devil”, but it doesn’t change the data. The information is THERE. You may choose to ignore it. Fine, be ignorant, but the this is what works best. It has always worked best on mega server (your current reality) and it always will.

These changes need to come into effect, and pronto.

These things being more expensive is good. It furthers the difference between bad and good guilds, good guilds will save tons of money by only having to spend 1 mongoose per raid, not having to use any protection pots other than on huhuran, c’thun and KT.

And the other people get a very needed increase in difficulty by having consumables far harder to access.

You don’t understand. It’s not just expensive, it’s not sustainable.

You are talking to, currently, the guild master of the top guild on Golemagg () if you look at logs. We are not speed running, we just play the game well. We do not flask for MC (because who does that) but every player we have understands what is required to play in a guild like this. We have also cleared all content on pservers (Which, from my experience, has been vastly more difficutly than classic content).

So please don’t speak to me like I don’t understand the values.

I repeat, this is NOT new. All the pservers I’ve been on has tried to get away with no dynamic respawn and “blizzlike” nodes for mega servers. Every single one HAD to change that in order to make the game fun. It is NOT fun having to cut of an arm and a leg to buy a stack of mongoose, it is not fun popping a WCB or Ony head and getting no buff.

Like I said; it is actually more Blizzlike to add correct dynamic respawn + nodes to the mega servers, because there are not enough resources for the population.

Thanks.

Inflation is not “unique” to private servers.
You wanna know what’s funny? The large game companies, including ActiBlizz, got actual economists to help design and provide guidelines for in-game economies.
The server economies you see in-game is intentional by Blizzard, and monitored constantly.

Private servers never had access to that input, and merely reacted to complaints.

Blizzard is NOT all knowing. They clearly do not see this stuff, or rather they do not see it yet.

This is what happened on pservers. eg; Plaguebloom, due to having limited spawns to compared to the size of the population, prices went up from 15g-20g+ (normal btw) to 80g+

Management and players saw that this was not Blizzlike and changes the dynamic spawn rates and increased nodes. After that prices went back down to 15g-20g (normal).

That is how it is. This is how its going now. Lotuses have already gone up from 30g to 100g+ on my server. This server is still in it’s infancy and now that layering is gone the prices are still just going up.

“reacting to complaints” in this case = actually fixing a problem.

2 Likes

They know more than you alone do. And they know more than the collective behind developing private realms do.

What that means for retail however, is that the downfalls are intentional. The bad stuff is how they want it to be. But the classic design is not a “fluke”. The inflation is not a “fluke” like on private servers. It’s handled by real life expertise. You are just an ant, living the ant life in classic.