Blizzard, please open PvP to PvE realm transfer

Classic is like Giants pservers ( Northdale for exemple)
When you have 15k players on a server , this is the result.
BUT what you can stand on a FREE pserver you can’t on blizzard official servers.

Thanks to layering…worst Idea of blizzard for classic.
Layering meant bugs, abuses, cheating, inbalanced faction.
End of layering meant overpopulation.

4 Likes

…and a huge thanks to all those “Oh, no, dead servers”-enthusiasts in these forums. They are alt least as much part of the problem.

1 Like

Ooh you can not have played the game during Vanilla before the bg’s. As someone who leveled a holy priest, and was bad at it, I do remember the endless camping of me in Searing gorge, by 5-10 high levels.
Why would people go back? Hmm because it is more “edgy” to play on a pvp server. The bg ques on pve servers will probably be longer depending on what faction you play, no cross realm bg’s this time. Boredom of standing in the capital, and not have the option to take out your frustration on other payers, making you feel like a man.

I posted about my experience in this past week trying to level up and its simply painfull. I get a realm transfer offer, i click to see more PVP realms, no PVE? 4 months of this?? 50min queues to get in and die constantly to roaming parties, I never experienced this in vanilla as BG’s were already open.

You used to be able to pvp as you leveled up gaining Xp in BG’s it was fun. But questing, to see a lvl 60 party kill you with no honor given to them, even worse they stay to keep doing the same thing, is not fun and i am not able to level any characters, as i didnt rush to 60 as i wanted to “enjoy” the game. If i was offered a PVE server would i take it now, dam right. I wanted aa PVP server but didnt expect no BG grinding to be this bad.

Not enjoying what i pay for is the why i will freeze my account until BG is out. If i am not able to level up, guildies are not logging in for same reason, or logging off after 1 hr of being camped in a quest area. Surely we cant be the only ones not logging in. I am sure in the records of active players, this must be affecting general play time, either way, will read the posts here and freeze account today until BG’s are out as i simply see no other way to deal with this.

Not crying about it, just not willing to pay for something i dont enjoy doing.

3 Likes

Still no clue buddy. Cross realm will be a thing. “Letting frustration out” on low lvl players is like the parent who beats their children to let out their frustration - an easy target. Always bully the underlings such achievement wow.

It may not mean that YOU will do it, but Blizzard maybe is catering to you alone? There will be loads of people asking transfers from PvE to Pvp if the other way is ok, when they have hit 60 and geared up. Just so they can level up safely. And in my opinion cross realm Bg’s was a really bad decision as it lost it server personality. But hey if Blizz want to start the slippery slope of making the same mistake as last time, it is their choice.

Unlikely PVE to PVP will happen, exactly for that reason. Was never a thing, never will be. PVP to PVE however has been a thing pretty much since paid server transfers exist

I simply want to play the game, i would happily transfer to a PVE from my PVP realm to simply play the game, not coming back from the PVE realm. I would leave my characters on the PVP realm, except an alt to level up in PVE. I do love the game but simply cant play it at present as i have not rushed to 60.

Is blizzard going to satisfy just me, of course not, but ask yourself this, If i dont enjoy sitting at a GY, as its not possible to level up in quest area’s, there are no low level BG’s to go into to get XP, you leave little options of how to progress this, on top of the 1hr queue to get in to die.

Now i am moaning and thats not me. There are solutions but i will wait out of game for blue posts on this. Hopefully its soon as my guildies are simply staying out of game now, when everyone was in game all the time before phase 2.

1 Like

The strange thing is how narrow minded some people are.

The level 60s that hunts honor with great apetite, killing lower levels who face no chance at all against high level death squads, FPs and instance entrances beeing farmed 24/7, effectively locking almost every zone of the game making the it unplayable do not seem what long term damage this does to a server. And they call i PVP. The correct term is Griefing wraped in a PVP excuse. If a lot of people flee to PVE or leave the game, particular from the faction that is lower, there will be no one to kill for the PvPers later on.

The mess here is mostly to be blamed on Blizzard, the developer who failed to see how successful the game would be and instead of creating more realms, they layered fewer. And with layers gone, the amount of people are just unbalanced high making there no room for breathe in any zone.

In vanilla, there was the same pvp issues. But a lot more breathing room. Some of the PVP honor farming 60s seem to have forgotten this or never knew it.

6 Likes

PVP to PVE realm transfer coupled with the ability to change faction and select race would be ideal. Generally, Alliance moving from PVP to a PVE realm would only add to faction imbalance but a faction change option would help with this.

I’m one of a group of friends who started playing classic together. I and another friend have plenty of time to reroll an alt, and we have done, but our significant others and good friends do not have time outside of their obligations to do all this again. These ‘casual’ players outnumber us. They have invested in one character and can’t start again, because it literally would be a slog and they would rather cancel and play another game and actually enjoy it, rather than feel they wasted three months. Did they? maybe. Are they going to suck it up? No, they will likely cancel and play something else.

Financially as a company it makes more sense for Blizzard to implement paid transfers rather than lose subscriptions from those who find the game unplayable/unenjoyable, and then further subscriptions from those who don’t want to play without their friends who are leaving. I will still play my pve alt, but how long I do it for really depends on whether the company makes it possible for my friends and spouse to transfer and join me or not. If they don’t take action soon they are going to lose a lot of people.

3 Likes

Catch a report for that fella

Back in Vanilla, there were pvp guilds parking their chars at raids/dungeons entrance, ganking and camping every instance entrance for months.

You haven’t experienced it doesn’t mean it didn’t exist. All these complains on forum is people’s unrealistic expectation about Classic and how it is different to his personal memory of Vanilla.

OK Boomer!

Oh, and by the way - I am a grown-up 32-years man, married with a baby. And I am one of those demanding PVP to PVE transfer. In order to support my family financially, I have to work on three jobs, because I’m living in Eastern Europe, and the economy here isn’t thriving.

What I want is, when I get back home and have half an hour or an hour of playtime, to have a joyful experience. It was OK on the PVP server until phase 2. Right now the game is unplayable by me.

So If Blizzard argees on PVPtoPVE transfers (which existed in Vanilla), I will be paying with my own wallet. And it will cost me a lot, considering where I live and what I do for living.

I think it’s a fair deal for a mistake I did long ago by rolling on a PVP, nay, RP-PVP server which was supposed to have a mature community due to the RP element

9 Likes

imagine crying when having rolled on a pvp server. you were told and its not anyones fault that you misslead yourself to roll there. its not bfa where you can use your 500 selfheals and mobility stuff and fly away :slight_smile: deal with it

1 Like

PvPers pre-P2: I love world PvP! I love the danger of being ganked anywhere in the open world, while doing the PvE content! Anyone who isn’t on a PvP server is a carebear that isn’t playing the ‘real’ game.

PvPers post-P2: HALP! I CAN’T DO MY PvE CONTENT BECUZ PvP IS HAPPENING ON A PvP SERVER! BLIZZ FIX! HALP!

Blizzard: “You think you do, but you don’t.”

1 Like

Paid transfer was in classic!

#NOCHANGES

paid transfer from PVP to PVE was not in “classic” .

It’s been made clear that the biggest fault of PvP server is actually the overpopulation.
Even players who are used to PvP struggle as it’s just abomination what has happened.

1 Like

It is being considered!

#GIVEPAIDTRANSFER

1 Like

well i agree i started on mograine and now most of my friends went to hydraxian waterlords and i dont want to abandon the work i put on my character and start over a new one unless they open from pvp to Rp