Blizzard, please open PvP to PvE realm transfer

If transfer from PvP to PvE was allowed (either paid or free) they would need to put up at least 2 new PvE servers.

Because i think there are a LOT of people reuing the day they started leveling on a PvP server, hyped up by the PvP centric beta period.

Can’t have regular PvE servers flooded by PvP refugee’s imo, specially considering they seem already more populated than in Vanilla times as a result of raised caps and ending layering.

But something tells me Blizzard is not going to do this and re-rolling is the only alternative.

2 Likes

Rogue

Checks out.

Except they were:

As for realm restrictions, players can only transfer characters between realms of the same type, or from a PvP to a normal (PvE) realm. To prevent players from leveling up without the challenges of a PvP environment and then unfairly being able to make leveling up more difficult for other players on a PvP realm, transfers from a normal to a PvP realm are not permitted.

This is from when paid transfers were first introduced in 2006, around the same time as patch 1.12 (the one we’re playing on.)

2 Likes

I think allowing people to transfer to PvE servers if they wish should be permitted.
This is not Vanilla like as server pops are 3x what they what they were back then but the same world size which means there are 3x more griefers than there kinda should be.
It harms no-one other than that player not enjoying themselves and potentially quiting (as we are sadly seeing). If they can cary on with the character they put time and effort into somehwhere they enjoy then is that really hurting anyone?

1 Like

As someone who plays on a PvE server I don’t see an issue with this request. Anyone could see PvP servers being an absolutely nightmare for the following reasons.

1. In Vanilla it developed far more organically, this time people have planned etc for Phase 2 and beyond

2. Mega servers. Let’s not forget that even “low pop” is higher then full was in Vanilla. Both sides are to blame here. Players kept insisting the cap was increased to avoid queues, we see the consequence. But also Blizzard should have released smaller capped realms but more of them. We all know they vastly underestimated classics popularity.

The only issue at the moment is 2 PvE realms are “full” with Nethergarde borderline and with Blizzard reluctance to spend more money (seemingly) on classic the servers just couldn’t support a influx of PvP refugees. We would have to see 1 or 2 new PvE realms first and I really don’t know if you can count on Blizzard for that.

2 Likes

+1 Blizz you screwed the pooch with you put 15k player limits. Fly to TP raid. Enter BRM 3 raids, WPL raid, Get on the boat, ganked (6v1). EPL ganked.

1 Like

Feed me more tears they are delicious :joy::joy: you can’t play oh booo hoooo better plan ahead next time and not from nostalgia or what not. Pserver players spammed that pvp realms will be chaotic for about 1 year before blizzard clasic went live. End of story noone cares if you cry on forum or leave game cause you all are all talk but not balls to go through with your decision its same old same old when a game is good you can’t leave its in your brain and you know it, that is why you moan on forums cause game is so good. Which other game caused an uproar of this magnituted in the last 10 years? None.

Two solutions: quit or reroll pve, transfers won’t happen anytime soon, don’t dream and don’t fool yourself otherwise.

There should probably be more PvE servers than PvP

2 Likes

You do realise not everyone played vanilla or on pservers? Yet we still knew, because it was blatantly obvious from years of tears on the forums about wPvP, that it was going to be a sh*tshow in P2.

Generic statement here not directed specifically at you. Those crying for PvE servers will, mark my words, more than likely spend their time flagged and corpse camping others so they can’t play their game, ‘because is wPvP’

1 Like

Outdoor PVP will go down once BG’s are in game just because they give more honor. I played PVP server at vanilla and remember how it was, really never liked to gank myself so choosing PVE server was easy solution. There’s lot of PVP in PVE server too, but it is voluntary and not ganking. If you want to get exitement of getting ganked in PVE server you can choose to do so, you just can’t gank others if they are not willing.

What i dont understand is. People who are against this, why?

I mean if im player A and you are player B, why would it matter to us if player C moves his character to another server instead of rerolling there or even quitting the game?

I mean if blizzard loses to many subs i promise it will hurt classic eventually.

8 Likes

Erm, I do not understand: Why are my excpectations - based on what I experienced in Vanilla - and expecting roughly the same thingns in Classic unrealistic?

But IF they allow this, they should open some more PvE servers. They ar crowded now - they’ll be unplayably crammed if more players come there.

You know they expected a dramatic drop off for the Classic population so not sure they are going to worry about losing subs…it’s been factored in already!

2 Likes

Yes, because corporations like these don’t like money and are just there following what they promised to deliver and other moral principles :))

1 Like

We technically get Classic free with retail even though many of us, myself included, do not play retail any more.

Their projections somewhere would have had a minimum level of additional income and below that would make classic no longer viable. I do doubt we will get there though.

Classic is money for jam. After P6 it’s done there is nothing more they need to do other than keep servers going.

how about no? you knew from the start how it ll be, fame like in retail warmode on in questing areas ;D

Blizzard is good at business, but their leaders should really take some psychology courses or maybe hire Jordan Peterson as an consultant: They dont really know what the players want, they think they do, but they dont :smiley:

Retails biggest issue is that Blizzard dont understand what motivates players to play. Classic gets this much better. What has this got to do with transfer from pvp to pve servers?

Basic psychology: PVP servers are about competition, people want to be the “strongest” and “best” compared to others on their server.

Its like most people want to make a little bit more money than their neighbour, they dont care about how much some guy on the other side of town makes.
So you dont care about what people on other servers are doing if your into pvp, you mostly want to beat the people on your server

So if some dont want this competition, why make them? This is no fun for anyone. Its like a boxing match where one boxer dont really care much if hes loosing, hes just there for the experience. That will be a fun match right?

So Blizzard should obvioulsy allow pvp to pve transfers, but will they understand this?

I get your point but some clearly wanted the competition when they thought they were going to ‘win’ now they aren’t they want to take their toys and go home.

If enough of them wanted to transfer they could, all move to another PvP server and make the factions more balanced, you know for that competition they clearly want.

The dominant faction never complains admittedly, they are also never believed when they say, “but it’s happening to us too.”

1 Like

Yes, i agree thats part of it. But i think for some (myself included) i wanted the “real” classic experince on a pvp servers, like in the good old days lol

And most people form pservers recomended pvp servers it seemed to me

But the game is not like it was 15 years ago, and for me (and i suspect others) i expected the world pvp to be different. More real fun battles and less “zerg with 2144 people for honor”. So i want pvp and am looking forward to BGs, but i dont like the type of competition that world pvp currently is now mainly on pvp servers. Its a little too braindead and just “follow the pack” for me.

So yeah thats just me personally, this world pvp competion now on pvp servers just aint fun, so why not allow pve transfers for those who dont want this?